LG is one of the most popular TV brands which allows users to stream channels, apps, and movies. Nevertheless, it is essential to set up a PIN code on LG TV to safeguard your children from accessing mature content. It also helps to block a particular application on LG TV. Thus, the PIN code ensures protection against unauthorized access and security breaches.
If you have already enabled Parental Control on LG TV but you have forgotten the password, it is recommended to reset the passcode.
How to Reset LG TV PIN Code
The following guidelines will be applicable for both the latest and older LG TV models.
1. Turn on your LG TV and go to Settings.
2. Go to the Advanced or All Settings option.
3. Select the Safety tab and turn it on.
4. Click on the Reset PIN Code/Set Password button.
5. First you need to enter the default PIN 0000.
6. Then enter the PIN Code you want to set and enter it again to Confirm.
7. Then choose the features that you want to lock with the PIN Code.
Features You Can Lock Using PIN Code on LG TV
TV Rating Lock – It helps to lock the shows, movies, and programs that contains age-restricted content, profanity dialogue, violence, etc.
Movie Lock – By selecting this setting on your LG TV, you can block the particular rated movies you are not interested in watching.
Channel Lock – You can lock individual or all channels on your LG TV.
Application Lock – To lock particular apps that you don’t want others to access on your LG TV, you can use this.
Input Locks – It blocks all HDMI, AV, USB, and other inputs or you can choose particular inputs to block.
Note: If required, you can block ads on LG Smart TV so that you can avoid getting interfered with.
How to Reset Forgot PIN Code on LG TV
1. Go to All Settings on your LG TV and click on the Safety option.
2. Now highlight the Reset Password/Reset PIN Code option.
3. Then press the Channel Up button twice, down once, and up once.
4. On the Master password dialogue box enter 0313 or 0325.
5. Now the safety dialogue box will appear, you need to enter 0000.
6. Finally, you can change the password on the prompt.
Reset PIN with Existing PIN: Go to Settings > Safety > Reset PIN Code > Existing PIN > New PIN.
How to Secure Your PIN Code on LG TV
It is essential to keep your PIN Code more secure to protect your LG TV data and information. Here are the things that you should bear in mind to keep safe of your PIN code.
- Reset your passcode on LG TV often and use a unique one.
- Avoid sharing the PIN Code with others and don’t use the same code for multiple devices.
- Don’t write it down in notable places or notebooks.
- Reset the PIN Code often to avoid strangers guessing it.
- Always update and keep the latest firmware on your LG TV.
Yes, you can use the same PIN Code for multiple LG TVs. But you should be aware of the risks.
You can use the LG ThinQ app on your Android device to set/reset the PIN on your LG TV without a remote.