|Device Discussed||Apple AirPods [All Generations]|
|How to Connect||Using the Bluetooth feature on LG Smart TV|
|What is the Purpose||Get the best audio listening experience|
|Limitations||Can’t use Siri commands, can’t control volume, and so on.|
AirPods are the most-advanced wireless headphones with features like ANC, Personalized Spatial Audio, and more. Apart from Apple devices, you can connect all the models of AirPods to your LG Smart TV too. By connecting AirPods Max or AirPods Pro with your LG TV, you can get good sound quality and the best listening experience.
Steps to Connect AirPods to LG TV (webOS 6 & Above)
Almost all LG Smart TVs are equipped with Bluetooth feature. Similar to connecting Bluetooth headphones on LG TVs, you can connect the Apple AirPods. If your LG Smart TV runs on the webOS 6 & above, you can use the below steps. If you are using the older version, update your LG TV or skip to the next section.
1. Press the Settings button on your LG Smart TV remote.
2. Scroll down to the Sound Settings option on the left pane.
3. Select the Bluetooth Devices option.
4. Click the Device List option at the bottom.
5. Your LG TV will search for available Bluetooth devices.
6. At this time, tap and hold the Setup button until the LED light flashes white. Make sure to place both the AirPods in the case and open the lid to activate the pairing mode.
7. When your TV finally finds your AirPods, click on it.
8. Instantly, you will receive a message at the bottom of your TV screen that your AirPods are connected.
9. Now, play any content on your LG TV and listen to audio on your AirPods.
Steps to Connect AirPods to LG TV [webOS 5.0 & Below]
If you can’t update your LG TV to webOS 5.5 or above, you have to use the Sound Out menu to access the Bluetooth devices on LG Smart TV.
1. Press the Home Button on your LG TV remote.
2. Click on the Settings icon.
3. Now, select the three-dotted option and choose the All Settings icon.
5. In the All Settings menu, select Sound and click on the Sound Out option.
6. Now, select the Bluetooth feature in which you will connect AirPods to your LG TV.
7. Select Device Selection. At the same time, enable pairing mode on your AirPods.
8. Your LG TV will search for active BT devices.
9. When your TV finally finds your AirPods, click it on and connect to it.
10. Within a second, you will receive a message on the top of your LG TV which says that your AirPods are connected.
11. Put your headphones on and enjoy watching videos or movies.
Steps to Connect AirPods to LG TV Without Bluetooth
In the older models of LG Smart TVs, you won’t get the Bluetooth feature. In that case, you have to connect the AirPods to your LG TV with the help of a Bluetooth transmitter. Using this Bluetooth transmitter, you can connect any BT device to any TV.
All you have to do is, connect that Bluetooth transmitter to your TV and turn it on. Turn on your AirPods as well. Connect the AirPods and Bluetooth transmitter. Now, you can listen to all of your favorite playlists on your LG TV using AirPods without Bluetooth.
AirPods on LG Smart TV – Limitations
Though AirPods have the best-in-class features, you can’t use some of the features while connecting it to your LG TV. Some of them are,
- You can’t control the volume using your AirPods. You have to use the remote control to increase or decrease the volume.
- The AirPods won’t connect to the TV automatically after the initial pairing. You have to connect the AirPods to LG TV manually every time.
- You can’t use Siri to control the playback. Siri controls for AirPods are available only on Apple devices.
Using these three methods, you can connect all the models of Apple AirPods, like AirPods Max, 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, and 3rd Gen AirPods, to your LG Smart TV. If you have any issues with the Bluetooth or AirPods, ping us in the comments. We will give you the best solution.
Leave a Comment