You can easily connect your AirPods Max or Pro to your LG TV by visiting the built-in Bluetooth settings. As AirPods have an active noise-canceling feature, you will get the best experience when listening to songs or watching movies on LG TV.
In this article, you will learn the simple instructions to connect your AirPods to LG TV. Notably, Apple imposes certain restrictions for connecting AirPods with other devices. So we have also explained the downside of using AirPods on LG TVs.
How to Connect AirPods to LG TV (WebOS 6 & Above)
Almost all LG Smart TVs are equipped with Bluetooth features. Just like you connect Bluetooth headphones to an LG TV, you can easily pair Apple AirPods. If your LG Smart TV runs on webOS 6.0 & above, you can use the below steps. If you are using the older version, update your LG TV or skip to the next method.
1. Press the Settings button on your LG Smart TV remote.
2. Scroll down to the Sound Settings option on the left pane of the LG TV.
3. Select the Bluetooth Devices option.
4. Click the Device List option at the bottom.
5. Your LG TV will search for available Bluetooth devices.
6. At this time, tap and hold the Setup button until the LED light flashes white. Make sure to place both the AirPods in the case and open the lid to activate the pairing mode.
7. When your LG TV finally finds your AirPods, click on it.
8. Instantly, you will receive a message at the bottom of your TV screen that your AirPods are connected.
Now, play any content on your LG TV and listen to audio on your AirPods.
How to Connect AirPods to LG TV [WebOS 5.0 & Below]
If your LG TV runs with webOS 5.5 or above, use the Sound Out option to access the Bluetooth devices on LG Smart TV.
1. Press the Home Button on your LG TV remote.
2. Click on the Settings icon.
3. Further, select the three-dotted option and choose the All Settings icon.
5. In the All Settings menu, select Sound and click on the Sound Out option.
6. Now, select the Bluetooth feature from which you can connect AirPods to your LG TV.
7. Select Device Selection. At the same time, enable pairing mode on your AirPods.
8. Your LG TV will search for active BT devices.
9. When your TV finally finds your AirPods, click on it to connect.
10. Within a second, you will receive a message on the top of your LG TV that says that your AirPods are connected.
Put your headphones on and enjoy watching videos or movies.
Note: You can check our guide if the LG TV Bluetooth is not pairing with AirPods.
How to Connect AirPods to LG TV Without Bluetooth
You won’t get the Bluetooth feature on older models of LG Smart TVs. In that case, you can connect the AirPods to your LG TV with the help of a Bluetooth transmitter. Once you buy a Bluetooth transmitter, you can connect any BT device to a Smart TV.
All you have to do is, connect a Bluetooth transmitter to your TV and turn it on. Turn on your AirPods as well. Pair the AirPods and Bluetooth transmitter. After that, you can listen to your favorite playlists on LG TV using Apple AirPods.
AirPods on LG Smart TV – Limitations
Though AirPods have the best-in-class features, you can’t use some of the features after connecting it to your LG TV which are listed as follows.
- You can’t adjust the volume on LG TV using your AirPods. You have to use the remote control to increase or decrease the volume.
- The AirPods won’t connect to the TV automatically after the initial pairing. You have to connect the AirPods to LG TV manually every time.
- You can’t use Siri to control the playback. Siri controls for AirPods are available only on Apple devices.
Using these three methods, you can connect all the models of Apple AirPods, like AirPods Max, 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, or 3rd Gen AirPods to your LG Smart TV.
Yes. You can connect two AirPods simultaneously only on selected LG TV models. For that, you must configure the connection settings. Go to Settings → Sound → Sound Out → Use Wireless Speaker → Speaker Connection Settings → Choose 2.
If the AirPods are not connecting to your LG TV, unpair the AirPods from another device if already connected. Then, keep your distance less with the LG TV, as moving away will be difficult for AirPods to get detected and paired.