LG ThinQ is an official remote app to control LG smart appliances such as TVs, washers, air conditioners, etc. It is the best replacement when the LG Smart TV remote stops working due to some reasons.
The LG ThinQ app can do all remote functions that the traditional LG TV remote does. To use the LG ThinQ app, you should connect your LG TV to WiFi which should be the same as your smartphone.
In this guide, you will learn the instructions to download and use the LG ThinQ app on a smartphone. Thereby, control the LG Smart TV without a remote.
How to Download LG ThinQ App on Smartphone
(1) Launch the Google Play Store on Android (or) App Store on iPhone.
(2) Click the Search icon and Search for the LG ThinQ app.
(3) Select the LG ThinQ app from the search results.
(4) Click the Install or Get button to install the app on your device.
For Android: Google Play Store
For iPhone: App Store.
(5) Wait for a few minutes until the app gets installed on your device.
How to Pair LG ThinQ App
Once you installed the LG ThinQ app, you need to pair your smartphone and TV to start using it.
2: Connect your TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
3: Launch the LG ThinQ app on your mobile.
4: Click the + tile on the home screen of the app.
(5) Select the TV option from the list of devices.
(6) Now, the app will start to scan for the available devices.
(6) Choose your LG Smart TV name from the available devices.
(7) Once you have selected your TV on the mobile screen, your TV will display an activation code.
(8) Enter the code displayed on your TV and click the OK button.
(9) Once paired, you can see your TV name on the LG ThinQ app.
How to Use LG ThinQ App To Control LG TV
(1) Select your LG Smart TV from the home screen of the ThinQ app.
(2) You can will the remote interface on your mobile.
- Input button – Allows you to change the input of the TV (For instance, HDMI, AV)
- Power button – Helps you to turn off and on the TV
- TBA –
- Voice button – Search or control the TV via voice control
- Channel button – Allows you to change the channel up and down
- Volume button – Volume increase and down
- Play/pause button – Plan and pause the videos
- Forward button – Fast forward the videos
- Settings button – Allows you to access the settings of the TV
- Mute button – Mute the volume of the TV
- Home button – Helps you to navigate to the home screen
- Touchpad – Allows you to control the TV cursor
- Back button – Go back
- Rewind button – Rewind the videos
(3) You can access the TV with the basic controls.
Best LG Smart TV Remote Apps
There are plenty of LG Smart TV remote apps available on the Play Store and App Store to control the TV virtually. If the LG ThinQ app is not connecting to a TV, you can use the alternatives mentioned below.
LG Remote for LG TV plus ThinQ
LG TV plus remote app is specially programmed for the LG TV that has webOS. You can download the LG TV Plus app for free from the Play Store and App Store. You can use the touchpad to navigate easily around the TV screen. It lets you cast your Android screen to the LG Smart TV. The only disadvantage of the app is the ads.
Remote for LG TV
If you are moving to third-party apps to access your LG TV, you must try the Remote for LG TV app. It provides a unique and clear interface, as it looks like a dark remote. The only drawback of the app is that it has no touchpad to control the TV. The app works with WiFi and ethernet connections.
Smart LG TV Remote
By downloading the Smart LG TV Remote app on your mobile, you can get the best virtual remote to control the LG smart TV. You can also control multiple LG TVs with one app. The application is completely free to download and use. You can launch the streaming apps like Netflix and YouTube with just one single tap. You can control the app from both WiFi and infrared signals.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes. You can use the LG ThinQ application to switch on your TV. For more instructions, check our detailed guide on How to turn on the LG without a remote.
Download the LG ThinQ application on your phone and use it to change the input on the LG TV without a remote.