HDR provides you with the most realistic picture quality to stream your favorite movies and shows on your TV. Though it is a predominant thing, it has some disadvantages too. So, you can turn off HDR on LG Smart TV when not required.
In HDR mode, the content will consume more power due to the maximum brightness level. Especially if you are watching HDR content in low light, it will cause eye fatigue and irritation. The picture might glare if there is too much natural light in the room. To avoid these problems, you can disable the HDR.
Should HDR be Turned On or Off
HDR increases the dynamic range beyond what is captured normally and creates a more accurate and impressive picture. If you want to watch the IMAX Enhanced content of Disney Plus on LG Smart TV, you can enable HDR mode.
If you wish to see something in motion that features dark and intense scenes, you must turn off the HDR. Or else, you might not see the visuals in the dark. HDR is very useful when you want to see lifeless pictures more vibrant.
How to Turn Off HDR on LG TV [New Models]
If you want to turn off HDR on the latest LG TVs (2020 and newer), follow these steps one by one.
1. Press Settings on your LG Magic remote.
2. Click on All Settings and choose the Picture mode.
3. Select the HDR Select mode which is already enabled.
4. According to your requirement you can adjust the level of HDR Effect.
5. Else you can turn off HDR and enable another picture mode, go to Advanced Settings, and choose Brightness.
6. Turn off the Auto Dynamic Contrast and the HDR Tone Mapping.
7. Come back to the Advanced Settings menu and click Apply to all inputs.
8. Click OK to confirm and Reset the Picture mode.
9. Now, open All Settings> Picture.
The Picture mode settings will be changed.
Note: For watching content in a dark room, turn on Filmmaker mode on LG TV.
How to Turn Off HDR on LG TV [Old Models}
This method could be more accurate for the 2018 -2019 LG TV models.
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV without a remote or with a remote.
2. Press the Settings button on your remote.
3. Choose the Picture mode option from the list.
4. Tap on the Picture mode settings.
5. Again click on the Picture mode.
6. You can disable HDR by choosing your preferred Picture mode.
How to Turn Off Energy Saver Mode
Sometimes the picture in HDR mode looks extremely dull and darker than it should be. In such cases, you need to turn off the Energy saving mode on LG TV and not the HDR mode.
1. Go to Settings and click on All Settings.
2. Tap on the Support option.
3. Choose OLED Care from the list.
4. Click Device Self Care.
5. Then, select Energy Saving.
6. Click on Energy Saving Step and select off.
If your HDMI cable is faulty or outdated, the content you stream will be automatically switched to HDR. Try changing the cable to a high-quality one.
Filmmaker mode is best for watching TV in dark rooms since it reduces the brightness to its extent. But in HDR mode, the content will play with a peak brightness.