Internet speed plays an important role in using streaming apps on the LG Smart TV. I wanted to measure the Internet speed of my LG TV. This will let me know whether my LG TV can play HD videos without buffering. I read an article on the LG Support website, which taught me how to test the internet speed of an LG TV using Netflix and YouTube.
In this article, I have described all the procedures to test the internet speed of an LG Smart TV.
Use Netflix to Measure Internet Speed of LG Smart TV
1. Turn on the LG TV and connect it to WiFi or wired internet connection.
2. Run Netflix on LG TV and click Get Help on the home page of the app.
3. Click the Check your network option.
4. It will display a small dialog box from where you see the connection speed.
Use YouTube to Measure Internet Speed of LG Smart TV
1. Run YouTube on an LG Smart TV.
2. Play any video and tap the Settings icon at the bottom.
3. From the pop-up, select the Stats for nerds option.
4. Now, you can see the connection speed in the upper left corner.
How to Test Internet Speed on LG TV Using Internet Speed 2
Internet Speed 2 is an application used to measure the Internet speed of an LG TV. Internet Speed 2 is officially available in the LG Content Store for LG TVs running webOS 3.0 and above.
1. Run the LG Content Store on your LG Smart TV.
2. Hit the Search icon, type Internet Speed 2, and locate the app.
3. Choose Internet Speed 2 from the results and hit Install.
4. Once done, click Launch to run the Internet Speed 2 app.
5. Tap BEGIN TEST.
6. Now, you can see the Download and Upload speed of your LG TV.
Perform a Speed Test on LG TV Using Web Browser
You can also visit the speedtest website using a built-in web browser to measure the network speed.
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV and connect it to an internet connection.
2. Press the Home key on the LG Magic Remote.
3. Run a Web Browser on your LG Smart TV.
3. On the address bar, enter the URL of a speedtest website (speedtest.net).
4. Choose the server you want and click the Go icon.
5. Wait for a few minutes, and you will get your internet speed test results.
How to Increase the Internet Speed on LG Smart TV
There are a few tricks to improve the network speed on your LG TV, which are listed as follows.
1. Restart your Router
The router may cause the slow internet speed on LG TV. Unplug the power cable of your router and keep it idle for a few minutes. After that, plug the power cable back into the router and turn it on. Then, check the internet speed on LG Smart TV with the steps given above.
2. Switch to 5GHz WiFi Network
It is best to connect the LG TV to 5GHz WiFi instead of 2.4GHz. The 5GHz will provide faster network speed than 2.4GHz. Remember, for 5GHz to work, your LG TV must be closer to the WiFi router (less than 30 feet).
3. Disable the VPN
You may have connected the LG TV to a VPN, which can be why the internet speed is slow on your LG TV. To fix the issue, you must disconnect the VPN if you have connected to any. Then, test the LG Smart TV’s network speed to know whether it is good.
4. Update LG TV Firmware
Network connectivity issues may occur if your LG Smart TV runs with outdated firmware. To rectify this, update the LG TV to the latest webOS version. After that, you can experience uninterrupted streaming on your LG TV.
5. Use the Ethernet Cable
Using an Ethernet cable will improve the internet speed on LG Smart TVs. So, connect the LG TV to a wired Internet connection and run the internet speed test. This will improve the internet speed on your LG Smart TV.
6. Contact Customer Support
If you still can’t fix the internet speed issues with your LG Smart TV, you need to contact LG Customer Support. You will get assistance via live chat or call. Follow their guided instructions to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
There may be some bugs with your router, and that may be the reason why the internet speed is slow on your LG Smart TV.
There may be a technical bug on your router, and it can be one of the reasons why your internet is not connecting to LG Smart TV.