There are numerous ways to adjust the volume on an LG TV without a remote. The easiest way is to press the Vol+ (or) Vol- buttons on the TV panel. If your LG TV doesn’t have TV buttons, use the LG TV remote app to adjust the volume from your smartphone. But for using the remote app, there is one condition. You must connect your LG TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
This article illustrates all the possible methods to change the volume on an LG TV without a remote.
How to Adjust LG TV Volume Using Physical Buttons
Normally, LG TVs will have physical buttons that can be used in emergencies. It has dedicated buttons for power, volume, channel, and menu. So, you can turn up or down the volume and change the input on the LG TV using those buttons.
You shall check for the volume buttons on the TV frame’s rear bottom right. If not found, it will be located on the underside of the LG logo. Once found, press the Vol+ or Vol- buttons to increase or decrease the TV volume.
How to Adjust Volume on LG Smart TV Using LG ThinQ App
LG ThinQ is a mobile application to control LG smart home appliances, including LG Smart TVs. To get started, connect the LG Smart TV to WiFi, which should be the same as your smartphone.
1. Install the LG ThinQ app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Open the LG ThinQ app and click Sign in with LG to continue.
3. Sign in to your LG account, which should be the same as your LG TV.
- If you don’t have an account, tap Create Account.
- Read and accept all the terms and conditions. Input the email address and password, and tap OK.
- Check your email to verify your account. Check the Junk/Spam folder if you don’t find the message in your inbox.
4. On the home screen, tap Add a device and click Select Device.
5. Choose TV from the options and select your LG Smart TV name.
6. Key in the code displayed on the TV screen. Your TV will be added to the home screen. Select the Remote Control.
7. Press the Volume keys to adjust the volume on your LG TV without a remote.
How to Adjust Volume on LG TV Using TV Remote for WebOS LG TV Plus
You can also control the LG TV using the LG TV Plus app. Therefore, you can increase or decrease the LG TV volume without a remote.
1. Open the LG TV Plus app on an Android from the Play Store.
2. Connect the LG TV and device to the same WiFi.
3. It will automatically detect your LG Smart TV. Select your LG TV to get a code on the TV screen.
4. Enter the code to pair your mobile with the LG TV.
5. Press the Volume keys to change the TV volume once paired.
How to Adjust LG TV Volume Using Third-Party Remote Apps
Besides official remote apps, there are hundreds of third-party remote apps for LG TVs in the Play Store and App Store. As discussed earlier, the remote apps will work if both devices share an identical Wi-Fi network. You can install any of these apps to change the volume of your LG TV.
|Remote App||Download Link|
|LGeeRemote: Remote for LG TV||App Store|
|Remote for LG TV||Play Store|
|TV Remote for LG||Play Store|
That’s how you can adjust the volume on your LG smart TV without relying on the physical remote controller. All these methods will be helpful when your LG remote does not respond to the commands.
Buy a Universal Remote
If you need a remote instead, buy a universal remote for the LG TV. It is very cheap when compared to the original LG Magic Remote. However, you should know the LG TV remote codes to program a universal remote to the LG TV.
The LG TV Plus app is rebranded as the LG ThinQ app, which is available in the App Store.
Yes. Use the remote app to scan channels on the LG TV without a remote.