|Name of the App||YouTube|
|How to Install||From the LG Content Store|
|Alternative Ways||Cast the app|
YouTube has content in almost all categories. There are millions of hours of video content available on the YouTube app. With the new update, YouTube introduced live TV platforms like Paramount Plus, STARZ, Showtime, and more. Get all these on your LG Smart TV by installing the YouTube app from the Content Store.
How to Install YouTube on LG Smart TV
To install YouTube on your TV, make sure that there is enough storage space on your TV. To stream YouTube without buffering, you need to have at least 0.7 Mbps for 360p content, 1.1 Mbps for 480p content, 2.5 Mbps for 720p content, 5 Mbps for 1080p content, and 20 Mbps for 4K content.
1. Open the LG Content Store on your LG TV.
2. Click on the Apps section.
3. Scroll down until you find the YouTube app. If you can’t find the app, click the Search icon and search for the app.
4. Select the Install button to get the app on your LG TV.
How to Activate YouTube on LG Smart TV
The YouTube app on your LG Smart TV won’t allow you to sign in to your Google account directly. You have to activate the app from your smartphone or PC.
1. Open the YouTube app on your TV.
2. Click on the Sign In button from the introduction screen.
3. You can see an activation code displayed on your TV.
4. On your smartphone or computer, open a web browser and go to the YouTube activation website (youtube.com/activate).
5. Enter the code shown on the TV and hit Next.
6. After entering the code, you must sign in with your Google Account for the verification.
7. Allow all the permissions that are shown on the screen.
8. Finally, the YouTube app on your LG TV will be activated. Start watching all your favorite videos.
How to Watch YouTube on LG TV Using a Web Browser
All the LG TV models have a pre-installed web browser. Using the browser, you can watch YouTube videos on your LG TV.
1. Open a web browser on your LG TV.
2. Go to the YouTube website (youtube.com).
3. Click on the Profile icon and sign in with your Google account.
4. Search for the video that you want to watch.
5. Watch them on your LG TV.
How to Cast YouTube to LG Smart TV
If you don’t want to install the YouTube app on your LG TV, you can cast the app from your smartphone.
1. Install the YouTube app on your smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Then, connect your smartphone and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Now, open YouTube on your smartphone.
4. Click on the Cast icon and choose your LG TV.
5. Within a second, you can see YouTube on the screen.
YouTube – October Update
In the last week of October 2022, YouTube released a lot of new updates to its platform.
- Ambient Mode is now available on the YouTube smartphone app.
- You will get a Video button for all the links in the video description. This new feature is for both smartphone apps and websites.
- Action buttons like the Like, Share, and Download buttons will appear just above the comments section.
Some of these features may be released for LG Smart TVs too. Keep updating the YouTube app on your LG TV to get the new features.
Leave a Comment