YouTube has content in almost all categories. You can stream movies, series, Live TV shows, sports, concerts, and shorts all in one app. YouTube is compatible only with LG TV models starting from 2016 or above running webOS 3.0 or up.
For older LG TVs, you can visit the official website of YouTube on a web browser. Then you can stream videos and shorts with or without signing in.
Alternatively, you can cast YouTube from your smartphone or PC to your Smart TV. Additionally, you can use streaming devices like Firestick, Apple TV, or Roku to install and watch YouTube on your TV.
How to Watch YouTube on LG Smart TV
There are two primary methods to watch YouTube on your TV.
How to Install YouTube on LG Smart TV
1. Turn on your LG TV and connect it to the WiFi network.
2. Open the LG Content Store on your LG TV.
3. Click on the Apps section.
4. Scroll down until you find the YouTube app. Else, click the Search icon, search for YouTube, and choose the app.
5. Select the Install button to get the app on your LG TV.
Now, you can stream YouTube videos and shorts on your Smart TV.
How to Activate YouTube on LG Smart TV
1. Open the YouTube app on your TV.
2. Click on the Sign In button from the introduction screen.
3. You can see an activation code displayed on your TV.
4. On your smartphone or PC, open a web browser and go to the YouTube activation website (youtube.com/activate).
5. Enter the code shown on the TV and hit Continue.
6. After entering the code, you must sign in with your Google Account for the verification.
7. Allow all the permissions that are shown on the screen.
8. Finally, the YouTube app on your TV will be activated. Start watching all your favorite videos.
How to Watch YouTube on LG TV Using a Web Browser
1. Open a web browser on your LG TV.
2. Go to the YouTube website (youtube.com).
3. Click the Profile icon and sign in to your Google account.
4. Search for the video that you want to watch.
Enjoy streaming your favorite long videos and shorts on a big screen.
How to Stream YouTube on Your LG Smart TV
If you don’t want to install the YouTube app on your LG TV, you can cast the app from your smartphone or PC.
How to Cast YouTube from Mobile to LG Smart TV
2. Then, connect your smartphone and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Now, open YouTube on your smartphone.
4. Click on the Cast icon and choose your LG TV.
5. Within a second, you can see YouTube on the screen.
How to Cast YouTube from PC to LG Smart TV
1. Connect your PC and the LG TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Web browser on your PC and enter the URL (youtube.com).
3. Play the video that you want to watch on TV.
4. Now, tap on the Cast icon at the upper right corner of the video player.
5. Choose your LG TV from the list of available devices.
6. Once connected, the content will play on your TV.
If you have finished streaming, click the Cast icon and click Stop Casting.
Note: Similarly, you can AirPlay YouTube to LG TV by connecting your TV and Apple device to the same WiFi network. To do this, you must turn on AirPlay on your LG TV. Further, go to the dashboard of LG TV and click the AirPlay icon. Select AirPlay and HomeKit settings → Turn on AirPlay.
Alternative Ways to Stream YouTube on LG Smart TV
You can download and watch YouTube on your LG TV using YouTube-compatible streaming devices like Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, and Roku.
1. Turn on your LG TV and plug in a streaming device.
2. Connect your LG TV to a WiFi network and ensure that your streaming device has internet access.
3. Visit the app store of your streaming device and find the YouTube app.
4. Click Get or Download to install the YouTube app on your streaming device.
5. Once installed, launch the YouTube app and click Sign in.
6. Enter the URL (youtube.com/activate) on your phone or PC and enter the code displayed on your TV to activate your account.
That’s it. Enjoy streaming YouTube on your big screen.
YouTube Subscription Plans
How to Fix YouTube Not Working on LG Smart TV
There are many reasons why YouTube is not working on your LG Smart TV. The possible reasons could be a poor internet connection, temporary glitches, or outdated app or device firmware. By restarting your LG TV, you can fix the issue.
If restarting your TV doesn’t resolve the issue. Try other fixes like clearing the app cache, reinstalling the YouTube app, or updating the app. If none of the fixes worked, refer to the complete guide on fixing YouTube not working on LG TV to resolve the issue.
You can use a wired mouse and keyboard to control your LG TV or install the LG ThinQ app on your smartphone which acts as a virtual remote.
There is no separate option to block ads on YouTube. Get a Premium plan or enable Ad-blocker to stream YouTube videos Ad-free on your TV. Besides that, you can block ads on the LG TV that appear on the home screen.