The Xfinity Stream app is supported on LG Smart TV (2018 and above) models running webOS 4.0 and later. This app is accessible to users who have an Xfinity service subscription. With the Xfinity Stream app, eligible users can watch 250+ live TV channels and thousands of movies and series.
Visit the LG Content Store on your LG TV to get the Xfinity Stream app. If you can’t install this app, go to (xfinity.com/stream) using a built-in web browser to watch its content.
The Xfinity Stream app also supports Chromecast and AirPlay. So, users with unsupported LG TV models can use this feature to watch their favorite movies and TV shows without installing the app on an LG TV.
In this article, I have explained all the possible methods to watch Xfinity Stream on an LG Smart TV.
How to Install Xfinity Stream on LG TV from the LG Content Store
1. Connect your LG TV to WiFi once you turn it on.
2. Grab the LG TV remote and press the Home button to launch the main menu.
3. Navigate to the LG Content Store and select Apps at the top of the page.
4. Search for the Xfinity Stream app and click on it.
5. From the Xfinity Stream app description, hit the Install button.
6. Once installed, click Launch to run the app.
How to Activate Xfinity Stream on LG TV
1. Launch the Xfinity Stream app on your LG TV and choose Sign in.
2. You will see the activation code on your LG Smart TV screen. Note it down.
3. Visit (https://xtv-pil.xfinity.com/xtv-authn/activate) from a PC or phone browser.
4. Enter the code you’ve noted and hit the Continue button.
5. Sign in using your Xfinity ID and password, and the app is ready.
How to Watch Xfinity Stream on LG TV Using Web Browser
1. Turn on the LG TV and connect it to WiFi.
2. Visit (xfinity.com/stream) and click Sign In at the upper right corner.
3. Sign in with your Xfinity ID to proceed.
4. Click on the desired content you like to stream.
This way, you can watch live TV, on-demand movies, and TV shows.
How to Cast Xfinity Stream to LG TV
If your LG TV lacks Chromecast built-in, plug a Chromecast into the TV’s HDMI port and set it up.
1. Connect your LG TV and Android device to the same WiFi.
2. Get the Xfinity Stream app on Android by visiting the Play Store.
3. Open the app and sign in with your Xfinity ID and Password.
4. Play any content in the Xfinity Stream app. Click the Cast icon.
5. Select your LG Smart TV name to connect.
That’s it. The selected content will play on your LG TV.
How to AirPlay Xfinity Stream App on LG TV
You must enable AirPlay on LG TV to continue. Go to ThinQ Home Dashboard → AirPlay → AirPlay and HomeKit Settings → Turn ON AirPlay.
1. Connect your iPhone to the same WiFi as your LG Smart TV.
2. Get the Xfinity Stream app on your iPhone by going to the App Store.
3. Run the app on your iPhone and sign in with your Xfinity ID.
4. Play a movie or TV show you want to watch.
5. Hit the Cast icon → AirPlay and Bluetooth Devices → Choose LG TV.
6. If asked, enter a 4-digit code that appears on the LG TV.
The selected media file will play on your LG Smart TV via AirPlay.
How to Fix Xfinity Stream App Not Working on LG TV
If your Xfinity Stream app is not working, buffering, or not signing in on your LG TV, follow these methods to fix the issue.
- Check if the Xfinity Stream app is compatible with your LG TV.
- Restart your WiFi router and ensure that the signals are strong.
- Log out of your Xfinity account from the unused device if the device limit is reached.
- Restart the LG Smart TV to fix the unknown errors.
- Update or reinstall the Xfinity Stream app from the Content Store.
- Turn off the VPN connection on your LG TV.
- Update your LG TV firmware and relaunch the Xfinity app.
- Factory reset your LG TV to its initial settings.
How to Create an Xfinity Account on LG TV
1. Switch on your LG TV and connect it to the strong WiFi.
2. Go to the home screen and navigate to the web browser.
3. Enter xfinity.com/getstarted on the address bar to create an Xfinity ID.
4. Click the Create an Xfinity ID option on the sign-in page.
5. Provide your Mobile phone number or Social Security number details, then click Continue.
6. After the account verification, enter your Email Address and verify it.
7. Click Continue, and you are done creating your Xfinity ID.
No. The Xfinity Stream app needs to be installed separately from the LG Content Store. It is supported on LG TV models released in 2018 or later.
Yes. You can create six distinct user IDs using a single Xfinity account. Xfinity Stream allows simultaneous streaming of up to five devices.