Want to watch on-demand popular shows and movies on your LG TV? Then Xfinity Stream is the best option since this platform comes with thousands of movies, shows, and 250+ live TV channels. The Xfinity Stream app can be downloaded on LG TV models (2018-2023) from the LG Content Store.
The Xfinity Stream app also has Chromecast and AirPlay support. So, users with unsupported LG TV models can use this feature to watch their favorite movies, and TV shows without installing the app on LG TV.
With Xfinity Stream on LG TV, you can even download and watch your favorite content offline using 150 hours of cloud DVR.
How to Create Xfinity Account on LG TV
1. Switch on your LG TV and connect it to the strong WiFi network.
2. Launch the home screen and navigate to the web browser.
3. Enter xfinity.com/getstarted on the address bar to create Xfinity ID.
4. On the Sign-in page click on the Create an Xfinity ID option.
5. Provide your Mobile phone number or Social Security number details, then click Continue.
6. After the account verification, enter your Email Address and verify it.
7. Then click on Continue and you are done creating your Xfinity ID.
How to Watch Xfinity Stream on LG Smart TV
Xfinity Stream can be streamed on LG TV using any of the following ways.
How to Install Xfinity Stream on LG TV
1. Connect your LG TV to WiFi and make sure the connection is strong and stable.
2. Grab the LG TV remote and press the Home button to launch the main menu.
3. Navigate to the LG Content Store and select Apps at the top of the page.
4. Search and find the Xfinity Stream app and click on it to bring up the App preview.
5. Then hit the Install button to get the Xfinity app on your LG Smart TV.
How to Activate Xfinity Stream on LG TV
1. Launch the Xfinity Stream app on your LG TV and choose Sign in.
2. You will see the activation code on your LG Smart TV screen, note it down.
3. From another device’s web browser, visit the Xfinity Stream activation page.
4. Enter the code you’ve noted and hit the Continue button.
5. Sign in using your Xfinity ID and Password and the app is ready to use on your LG TV.
How to Cast Xfinity Stream to LG TV
1. Connect your LG TV and Android device with the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Xfinity Stream app on your Android device from Play Store.
3. Open the app and sign in with your Xfinity ID and Password.
4. On the home page, you can find the cast icon at the top, click on it.
5. Now you can see the list of compatible devices, select your LG TV.
6. Once connected, select a program that you want to watch on your LG TV.
How to AirPlay Xfinity Stream App on LG TV
1. Make sure you’ve connected your LG TV and iPhone/iPad with the same Network.
3. Launch the app on your iPhone and sign in using the Xfinity account credentials.
4. Use one of the below ways to connect your LG TV to your iOS device.
- Go to Home > Cast > AirPlay and Bluetooth Devices > LG TV.
- Go to Movie/Show page > Cast > AirPlay and Bluetooth Devices > LG TV.
- Play Movie/Show > AirPlay > LG TV.
- On your iOS, go to Control Center > AirPlay/Screen Mirroring > LG TV.
5. Once connected, you can start streaming the Xfinity app on a big screen.
Note: If you are using AirPlay for the first time, enter the on-screen LG TV code on your iOS device’s prompt.
How to Fix Xfinity Stream App Not Working on LG TV
If you encounter issues like the app not working, buffering, or not signing in while using the Xfinity Stream app on your LG TV, follow these troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
- Check if the Xfinity Stream app is compatible with your LG TV.
- Restart your Router/Modem and ensure that the signals are strong.
- Log out the Xfinity account from the unused device, if the device limit is reached.
- Update or reinstall the Xfinity Stream app from the Content Store.
- Turn off the VPN and correct the Location settings on your LG TV.
- Update your LG TV firmware and relaunch the Xfinity app.
- Factory reset your LG TV to its initial settings.
No, the Xfinity Stream app needs to be installed separately from LG Content Store. Remember, it is supported on LG TV models released in 2018 or later.
Yes, by using a single Xfinity account, you can create six distinct user IDs. Xfinity Stream allows simultaneous streaming of up to five devices.