WhatsApp is a useful social media application for sending messages, images, documents, and audio or video files using the internet. You can even make voice or video calls with secure end-to-end encryption. However, WhatsApp is only compatible with Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac. So, you can’t install WhatsApp on a Smart TV. Nonetheless, you can use screen mirroring to access Whatsapp on LG TV.
How to Use WhatsApp on LG Smart TV
As discussed earlier, these are the possible ways to access WhatsApp on LG TV.
How to Screen Mirror WhatsApp from Android
Before you begin, you need to enable Screen Share on LG TV.
- To do this, press the Home button on the LG TV remote.
- Open the Screen Share app on your TV and Turn on Listening Mode.
1. Connect your LG Smart TV to a WIFI network which should be the same as your Android mobile or tablet.
2. Open WhatsApp Messenger on your Android device.
- If you haven’t installed the app, go to the Play Store to install it.
3. Enter your mobile number and click Next.
4. Next, enter the Verification code to access your account.
5. Swipe your Android device’s notification panel and click the Smart View or Screen sharing option.
Note: This option will have different names based on the device manufacturer.
6. Select your LG Smart TV model name from the list.
Important Note: If your LG TV doesn’t have Miracast support, you should set up a Chromecast or Google TV and connect it to your home WIFI.
7. Once mirroring is activated, you can view your Android smartphone’s screen on your LG Smart TV. With this, you can access WhatsApp on TV.
Note: If LG TV Screen Share is not working, check whether your internet connection is stable and disable other Bluetooth devices.
How to Screen Mirror WhatsApp from iPhone
Similar to Android, you should connect your LG Smart TV to the same WIFI network as your iPhone.
1. Install WhatsApp Messenger on your iPhone from the App Store.
2. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and finish the sign-in process.
3. Swipe up or down the iPhone screen to access Control Center. Click the Screen mirroring icon.
4. Select your LG Smart TV from the list of devices. Enter the passcode if prompted.
5. Now, start using WhatsApp on your iPhone, and it will appear on the TV screen.
How to Mirror Whatsapp from PC (Windows/Mac)
1. Install WhatsApp on your Windows or Mac PC from the official app stores.
2. Open WhatsApp on your PC and sign in with your mobile number.
3. Connect your Windows or Mac to the same WIFI network as your LG Smart TV.
4. If you are using Windows PC, press Windows + K on your keyboard. Select your LG Smart TV from the list of available devices.
(Or) If you are a Mac user, click the Control Center icon and tap Screen Mirroring. Choose your LG TV from the devices to connect.
5. Once connected, you can view WhatsApp on your LG TV.
How to Mirror Whatsapp via PC Browser
Before you begin, ensure that your PC is connected to the same WIFI network as your LG Smart TV.
1. Go to web.whatsapp.com from Safari.
2. Open Whatsapp on your smartphone.
3. Click Menu → Settings → Linked Devices.
4. Select Link a Device.
5. Scan the QR code using your smartphone to connect.
6. Click the Control Center icon at the top menu bar of Mac. Tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
Note: For mirroring WhatsApp Web from Windows, press the keyboard shortcut Windows + K and choose LG TV.
7. Select your LG Smart TV to connect.
Now, you can view the Whatsapp Web screen on your LG TV.
Minimum Requirements to Get WhatsApp
Your device should meet the following requirements to install WhatsApp on your smartphone or PC.
- Android (requires Android OS 4.0.3 or later)
- iOS (requires iOS 12.0 or above)
- Windows (Windows 10 or later)
- Mac (requires macOS 10.11.0 or higher)
In addition, you need to have a valid mobile number to connect with others over WhatsApp.
Yes. WhatsApp web is accessible on leading browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, Brave, and Opera. Visit web.whatsapp.com from any browser and link your device by scanning the QR code.
Yes, it is possible to view Whatsapp video call on an LG Smart TV if it is paired with your smartphone via mirroring or a screencast.
Leave a Comment