Once upon a time, I asked for my friend’s notes to prepare for a seminar. He sent his notes via WhatsApp. I thought it would be easy to understand if I could read the notes on a big screen. So, I tried to install WhatsApp on my LG Smart TV. Later, I found that WhatsApp is unavailable in the LG Content Store. When I asked my friend about this, he told me to access WhatsApp on an LG Smart TV using a web browser or screen mirroring method.
In this article, I will teach you how to access WhatsApp on an LG Smart TV using an Android, iPhone, and PC.
How to Use WhatsApp on LG Smart TV Using Web Browser
If your LG Smart TV has a web browser, you can follow this method. Otherwise, skip the steps and try the next method.
1. Turn on the LG TV and ensure it is connected to the internet.
2. Go to the home screen and open Web Browser on your Smart TV.
Note: You must set Google as the default Search Engine. To check that, go to Settings and head to Search Engines. Select Google.
3. Visit the URL (web.whatsapp.com) and scan the QR code using WhatsApp on an Android or iPhone.
4. Later, you can preview the WhatsApp chats and files on a big screen.
How to Cast WhatsApp to LG TV Using Android
If your LG Smart TV doesn’t have Chromecast built-in, plug a Chromecast device into the TV’s HDMI port and set it up.
1. Connect your LG Smart TV to WiFi, which should be the same as an Android mobile or tablet.
2. Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
3. Enter the mobile number and click Next.
4. Next, enter the Verification code to access your account.
5. Swipe your Android device’s notification panel and click the Smart View or Screen Cast option.
Note: This option will have different names based on the device manufacturer.
6. Select your LG Smart TV model name from the list.
7. Once mirroring is activated, you can view your Android smartphone’s screen on your LG Smart TV. With this, you can access WhatsApp on TV.
Note: If LG TV Screen Share is not working, check whether the WiFi is stable and disable other Bluetooth devices.
How to Screen Mirror WhatsApp on LG TV Using iPhone
Similar to Android, you should connect your LG Smart TV to the same WIFI as an iPhone.
1. Install WhatsApp on your iPhone from the App Store.
2. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and finish the sign-in process.
3. Swipe up or down the iPhone screen to access Control Center. Click the Screen mirroring icon.
4. Select your LG Smart TV from the list of devices. Enter the passcode if prompted.
Start using WhatsApp on your iPhone and view it on the TV.
How to Mirror WhatsApp on LG TV Using Windows/Mac
1. Install WhatsApp on your Windows or Mac from the official app store.
2. Open WhatsApp on your PC and sign in with your mobile number.
3. Connect your Windows or Mac to the same WIFI as your LG Smart TV.
4. If you use a Windows PC, press Windows + K on your keyboard. Select your LG Smart TV from the list of available devices.
Note: If you are a Mac user, hit the Control Center icon and tap Screen Mirroring. Choose your LG TV from the devices to connect.
5. Once connected, you can view WhatsApp on your LG TV.
Minimum Requirements to Get WhatsApp
Your device should meet the following requirements to install WhatsApp on your smartphone or PC.
- Android (requires Android 5.0 or later)
- iPhone (requires iOS 12.0 or above)
- Windows (Windows 10.0.18362.0 or higher)
- Mac (requires macOS 11 or later)
In addition, you must have a valid mobile number to log in to WhatsApp.
Yes. WhatsApp web is accessible on leading browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, Brave, and Opera. Visit web.whatsapp.com from any browser and sync the device by scanning the QR code.
Yes, it is possible to view Whatsapp video calls on an LG Smart TV if paired with your smartphone via mirroring or a screencast.
If you need an end-to-end encrypted messaging app like WhatsApp, consider using Telegram on LG TV.