|How to Turn On||Via LG TV Settings|
|Purpose of Simplink||To use the kit remote for multiple devices|
LG Smart TV offers multiple input options. Along with that, you can control all the inputs by using the kit remote. With the Simplink feature on your LG Smart TV, you can control external devices with HDMI-CEC standards using the LG TV remote. For example, you can use your LG TV remote to control a connected Sound Bar, Blu-ray Player, and other HDMI devices.
If you want to control external devices using an LG TV remote via Simplink, there are some requirements that you need to fulfill.
- Make sure that the device that you are going to connect is HDMI-CEC enabled.
- Check for the Simplink logo on the external device to confirm compatibility.
- A high-speed HDMI-CEC cable is required.
Connect External Devices to LG TV
You have to use an HDMI cable to make the physical connection with external devices like a soundbar and speakers with your LG TV. Grab an HDMI cable and locate the HDMI ports on both devices. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI IN port of your LG TV and the other end into the HDMI OUT port on the external device that you want to connect. Once you make the connection, you must turn on Simplink on LG TV to complete the setup.
Steps to Turn on Simplink on LG Smart TV
Simplink is one of the common features that you can see on modern-day Smart TVs. Based on the TV brand, the name will vary. In Samsung TVs, the feature is named Anynet+. In Sony TVs, the name is BraviaLink.
1. Press the Home Button on your LG TV remote.
2. Click on the Settings icon at the top right corner of the screen.
3. Choose All Settings and select General.
4. Select Simplink (HDMI-CEC).
5. Turn on the feature using the toggle.
6. Turn on the Auto Power Sync feature. When you turn on Auto Power Sync, your LG TV will turn off if you turn off the connected devices and vice versa.
7. Now, connect multiple inputs on LG Smart TV and control them with your remote.
Supported Simplink Functions
There are certain functions that you can access with Simplink.
- Play/Pause functions
- Turn Off/On
- Volume controls
If you can’t control the external input using the TV remote or the Simplink feature is not working on your LG TV, check the input device. Make sure that the device is featured with the HDMI-CEC option.
Leave a Comment