Simplink is a unique feature on LG Smart TV running webOS. Enabling Simplink will let you control an HDMI-CEC compatible device, such as a Soundbar, Blu-Ray Player, or a streaming device with your LG TV remote. It is easy to turn on this feature with the help of an LG Magic Remote or by using the LG ThinQ app.
Is Simplink Available on LG NetCast TV
Unfortunately, there is no official source regarding the availability of Simplink in the older versions of LG Smart TVs. As per the official website of LG, the Simplink is available on the newer LG TV models, which is WebOS.
Functions of Simplink
Below we have a list of functions that can be performed using the Simplink feature.
- It lets you control the media of the multimedia device using an LG TV remote.
- Enabling Auto Power Sync on LG TV will turn ON/OFF your Smart TV simultaneously when the external device is turned on/off.
If you want to control external devices using an LG TV remote via Simplink, there are some requirements that you need to fulfill.
- Make sure that the device that you are going to connect is HDMI-CEC enabled.
- Check for the Simplink logo on the external device to confirm compatibility.
- A high-speed HDMI-CEC cable is required.
Connect External Devices to LG TV
You have to use an HDMI cable to make the physical connection with external devices like a soundbar and speakers with your LG TV. Grab an HDMI cable and locate the HDMI ports on both devices. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI IN port of your LG TV. Connect the other end to the HDMI OUT port on the external device that you want to connect. Once you make the connection, you must turn on Simplink on LG TV to complete the setup.
How to Turn on Simplink on LG Smart TV
Simplink is one of the common features that you can see on modern-day Smart TVs. Based on the TV brand, the name will vary. In Samsung TVs, the feature is named Anynet+. In Sony TVs, the name is BraviaLink.
1. Press the Home button on your LG TV remote.
2. Click on the Settings icon at the top right corner of the screen.
3. Choose All Settings and select General.
4. Select Simplink (HDMI-CEC).
5. Turn on the feature using the toggle.
6. Turn on the Auto Power Sync feature. When you turn on Auto Power Sync, your LG TV will turn off if you turn off the connected devices and vice versa.
7. Now, connect multiple inputs on LG Smart TV and control them with your remote.
Tip: Turning on Simplink on webOS 4.5 and webOS 6.0 or up will slightly vary, which are explained as follows.
For webOS 4.5 – Settings > All Settings > Connection > HDMI Device Settings > Simplink (HDMI-CEC) > On.
For webOS 6.0 or up – Settings > All Settings > General > Devices > HDMI Settings > Simplink (HDMI-CEC) > On
How to Disable Simplink on LG TV
You can easily turn off the Simplink feature on an LG Smart TV if you aren’t using it frequently.
1. Head to All Settings on your LG TV.
2. Go to General and select Devices.
3. Under Devices, select HDMI Settings from the list of options.
4. Select Simplink (HDMI-CEC) and click the Toggle button to disable it.
How to Fix Simplink Not Working on LG TV
If you can’t be able to control the external media device using the LG TV remote, we suggest you follow the troubleshooting steps to resolve it.
1. Ensure, that the HDMI cables are firmly connected to LG TV and external media device.
2. Check whether you have enabled Simplink on your TV settings.
3. Sometimes, the external device might not be supported by Simplink. Hence, check on the device compatibility.
4. Reboot LG TV, if it fails to detect the external device.
5. Update LG TV firmware, if the Simplink feature turns off frequently.
Supported Simplink Commands
There are certain remote commands that you can access with Simplink.
- Play/Pause functions
- Turn Off/On
- Volume controls
If you can’t control the external input using the Magic Remote or the Simplink feature is not working on your LG TV, check the input device. Make sure that the device is compatible with the HDMI-CEC option.
Yes. If you have paired the LG ThinQ App with your television, you can use it as a remote app and enable Simplink effortlessly.
If the Simplink keeps turning on your TV, it might happen due to technical glitches. By restarting your LG Smart TV, you can fix this issue.