Vudu is a freemium service to watch movies & TV shows. Vudu is officially available on LG Content Store for selected LG TV models. This app is compatible with LG Smart TVs (2014 and above) running webOS 1.0 or higher.
If you have an older LG TV model, open a web browser on your LG TV and visit the Vudu official website to stream movies & TV shows online for free.
As the Vudu app possesses a built-in Chromecast feature, you can cast Vudu content from your smartphone to your TV. Besides that, you can also watch Vudu on LG TV by installing this app on a streaming device.
How to Watch Vudu on LG Smart TV
You can stream Vudo on your LG TV with or without the app by using the following methods.
How to Install Vudu on LG Smart TV
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV without a remote using the TV power button.
2. Ensure that your LG TV has stable internet access.
3. Open LG Content Store from the Home menu.
4. Search and find the Vudu app in the content store.
5. Click on Get or Download on the Vudu app shown in the search results.
6. Once installed, Log in to your Vudu account by entering your email and password and start streaming.
How to Activate Vudu on my LG Smart TV
1. Launch the installed Vudu application on your LG TV.
2. Tap Sign In and you will get a 6-digit activation code.
Tip: If you are a new user, click Create Free Account and enter your email address.
4. Visit the Vudu activation webpage from a PC or mobile browser.
5. Enter the code and click Log In to continue.
Further, follow the on-screen instructions to activate your Vudu account.
How to Watch Vudu on LG TV from Web Browser
1. Power on your LG TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
2. Open the Web browser on your LG TV and visit the Vudu website.
3. Log in to your Vudu account with your respective credentials.
4. Rent or buy the latest movies & TV shows to watch on your TV.
How to Cast Vidu on LG Smart TV
You can cast Vudu either from the mobile app or via the website. If you want to cast from a PC, you can use Google Chrome.
How to Cast Vudu from Android/iOS Device
Beforehand, check if your LG TV has Chromecast built-in support. Else, you need to connect a Chromecast to LG TV and set it up.
1. Connect your Android or iOS phone and the LG TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Launch the app and Log in to your account.
4. Click the Cast icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
5. Choose your LG TV from the list of available devices.
Once connected, play a movie or TV show and watch it on your TV.
How to Cast Vudu from PC
1. Connect your PC and the LG TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Open Google Chrome on your PC and go to the URL (vudu.com).
3. Click the Menu icon at the upper-right corner of the screen.
4. Click the Cast option from the drop-down menu and let it scan for the devices to connect.
5. Select your LG TV from the list of devices shown.
6. Choose a source to Tab, Window, or Desktop based on your needs.
7. If you are streaming from the website set the source to Tab. Select the source to Desktop if you are using the Vudu Windows app.
Start streaming free movies & TV shows from Vudu on your big screen.
How to Watch Vudu on LG Smart TV Using Streaming Device
Apart from casting, if you one any of these devices, you can directly install the Vudu app and watch its content on your TV.
- Apple TV
- Fire TV Stick
1. Turn on your LG TV and plug in a streaming device.
2. Your streaming device must have stable internet access.
3. Install the Vudu app from the App Store or Channel Store on your device.
4. Launch the app on your streaming device.
5. Log in to your Vudu account and activate it by the above-mentioned steps.
6. Play Vudu content and stream it on your LG TV.
Fixes for Vudu Not Working on LG TV
When all is set right to stream Vudu, but the app is not working, what should you do? If you are clueless, we recommend you some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue then and there.
- Unstable Internet Connection: Test the network on your LG TV, if it is unstable, switch to a stable one or restart your WiFi router.
- Server Down: You may also experience such an issue if the Vudu server is down. Visit the Downdetector website to check the same. If there is an outage, keep your patience until the problem gets sorted out.
- Cache Files: Uncleared cache might occupy the storage and cause trouble. You can clear the cache on the LG TV to resolve the error.
- Outdate App & Firmware: Update LG TV firmware and the app to eradicate the error.
- Temporary bugs: To clear the temporary glitches on your device, restart your LG Smart TV.
Vudu is not a subscription-based service but a rental-based service. You can rent/buy movies or watch them for free with limited ads.
Vudu movie rentals range from $4.99 to $24.99. If you want to rent individual episodes, it will range from $1.99 to $2.99. The entire season will range from $16.99 to $43.99.