VLC is a popular media player that is used to stream local video and audio files from your device. Unfortunately, the VLC media player is unavailable on the Content Store so you cannot download the app on your LG TV. But it doesn’t mean you cannot use VLC on your webOS.
Alternatively, you can cast your Android screen to an LG TV to watch media files via VLC wirelessly. If you are an iPhone user, you can AirPlay VLC media player on your TV from an iPhone or Mac. Other than that, you can cast or AirPlay VLC from a Windows or Mac to your Smart TV.
How to Access VLC on LG Smart TV
Here are the possible ways to stream VLC on your webOS Smart TV.
- Cast from Android
- AirPlay from iPhone
- Screen Mirror VLC from PC
How to Cast VLC on LG Smart TV from Android
If your LG TV has built-in Chromecast support, you can directly cast VLC to your TV. Otherwise, you have to connect a Chromecast device to your LG TV and proceed with the steps.
1. Turn on your LG TV using the LG TV Remote.
2. Connect your Android Smartphone and the LG TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Install the VLC Media Player on your Android from the Google Play Store.
4. Open the VLC app and click the Cast icon.
5. Select your LG TV or Chromecast-connected TV from the list of devices.
6. Now, choose the media content, play it, and watch it on your LG TV.
How to AirPlay VLC on LG TV from iPhone
To begin with the steps, you need to enable AirPlay on your LG TV. Go to the Home Dashboard on your LG TV. choose the AirPlay option and you will be taken to the AirPlay & HomeKit Settings page. Select AirPlay and turn it ON.
1. Connect your LG TV and iPhone/Mac to the same WiFi network.
2. Download the VLC Media Player on your iPhone from the App Store.
3. Once installed, open the app and play the content that you wish to stream on your TV.
4. Tap the AirPlay icon in the media player and select your LG Smart TV name.
5. If prompted, enter the AirPlay code that appears on your LG TV.
Now, you can stream the VLC content on your LG TV via wireless mirroring.
How to Screen Mirror VLC to LG TV from PC
1. Press the Power button on the LG TV to turn it on.
2. Connect the LG TV to the same WiFi network as your Windows or Mac.
3. If you don’t have VLC on your desktop/laptop, visit the official website of VLC to download and install the app.
4. Play the content on the VLC app that you wish to watch on your TV.
5. Click the notification icon at the bottom right of the Windows and click Connect. If you are a Mac user, click the Control Center icon and select Screen Mirroring.
6. Choose your LG TV or Chromecast-connected TV from the list of devices.
Enjoy watching your favorite videos on a big screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. you can access VLC on LG TV by connecting a streaming device like Firestick or Apple TV. The VLC app is officially available on the App Store (tvOS) and Amazon App Store (Fire OS).
Sky Media Player is the best media player for webOS that is natively available in the Content Store.