Want to TikTok videos on your LG Smart TV? Install the TikTok TV app from the Content Store for free. TikTok has a native app for LG TV which is available in 2018 and above models. Also, update your LG Smart TV to the latest version since the TikTok TV app is compatible with WebOS 4.0 and above versions.
If you have an older LG TV model, you can Cast or AirPlay TikTok from your smartphone. Other than that, you can use LG TV’s built-in web browser to watch TikTok videos by visiting its official website.
How to Watch TikTok Videos on LG TV
You can stream TikTok videos on your TV in any of the convenient ways.
- Install TikTok
- Stream TikTok using Browser
- AirPlay TikTok
- Cast TikTok
- Get TikTok using Streaming Devices
How to Download TikTok on LG TV
(1) Turn on your LG TV. Make sure to connect the LG TV to WiFi or wired internet connection.
(2) Press the Home button on your LG TV remote and launch the LG Content Store app.
(3) Click the Search icon and type TikTok using the on-screen keyboard.
(4) Locate and select the TikTok app from the list of apps.
(5) Click the Install button to get the app on your LG TV.
(6) Launch the TikTok app once the installation process has been completed.
(7) Click the Sign in button and sign in with your TikTok account credentials.
(8) Finally, start streaming the TikTok videos on a big screen.
Note: If you want to upload singing videos on TikTok, you can use The Karaoke Channel app on LG TV and practice singing along with it.
How to Watch TikTok on LG TV Using Browser
An alternate way to stream TikTik on your LG Smart TV is by using the browser. As LG TV has a native browser, you can access the platform with ease.
(1) Ensure that LG TV has internet access and go to the home screen.
(2) Open the Web Browser app using the remote.
(3) Click the Address Bar and enter the URL of the TikTok website.
(4) Once you access the home page, click Log In and enter the credentials to start watching TikTok videos.
How to AirPlay TikTok on LG TV
If you have an AirPlay-compatible LG TV, you can use your iPhone to wireless stream TikTok on TV using AirPlay.
(1) Begin by enabling the LG TV AirPlay and HomeKit under Settings.
(2) Connect your iPhone and TV to the same WiFi network.
(3) Launch the App Store on your iOS device and search for the TikTok app.
(4) Select the official TikTok app and click the Get button to download the app from the App Store on your iOS device.
(5) Now, launch the TikTok app and Sign in with your account credentials.
(6) Select and play any video on the TikTok app.
(7) Navigate to the Control Center of the iOS and click the Screen Mirroring icon.
(8) Choose the LG Smart TV name from the popup menu.
(9) Finally, start streaming the TikTok videos on your Smart TV.
How to Cast TikTok to LG TV Using Chromecast
If your TV doesn’t have a Chromecast built-in, you can connect a Chromecast and then cast your Android screen to an LG TV.
(1) Connect a Chromecast device to the HDMI port of your LG Smart TV and turn on your TV.
Note: Don’t forget to change the input on the LG TV to which you have connected a Chromecast.
(2) Ensure to connect your TV and Android to the same WiFi network.
(3) Launch the Google Play Store on your mobile.
(4) Download the TikTok app from the Google Play Store.
(5) Launch the app and log in with your account credentials.
(6) Play the video on the TikTok app and go to the Notification panel on your mobile.
(7) Hit the Cast or Screencast icon and select your LG TV from the available device.
(8) Now, you can stream TikTok videos on your TV.
How to Get TikTok on LG TV Using Streaming Devices
TikTok supports working only on WebOS models. You can’t be able to find the app on NetCast models, as it is incompatible. However, you can still install the app on your older version of the LG Smart TVs by using streaming devices. TikTok is compatible with limited streaming devices. They are,
- Chromecast with Google TV
You can find TikTok on the official app store of these devices and can be downloaded directly without sideloading.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Unfortunately, TikTok is unavailable in India. However, you can still access the app by connecting to a VPN.
TikTok is a free-to-use application that does not require any subscription.