Want to listen to over 100 million songs in HiFi sound quality? Tidal is the best app for LG Smart TVs. The Tidal app is natively available on the LG Content Store for LG TV models (2017 or later) running webOS 4.0 or above.
If your LG TV model was older than the mentioned year, you can visit the official website of Tidal to stream songs on a web browser. If your TV doesn’t have a built-in web browser, you can Cast Tidal from your smartphone or PC.
How to Get Tidal on LG Smart TV
Here are the direct ways to stream Tidal on your TV.
How to Install Tidal on LG Smart TV
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
2. Launch the LG Content Store from the Home screen.
3. Click on the Magnifier icon and search for the Tidal app.
4. Select the app from the search results and tap Get or Download.
5. Once installed, move the app to your LG Home screen for easy navigation.
Further, you should activate the app to play Tidal songs on your TV.
How to Activate Tidal on LG Smart TV
1. Open the Tidal app on your LG Smart TV.
2. Log in to your existing account or click Start Free Trail if you are a new customer.
3. An Activation code will appear on your TV, note it down.
4. Open a web browser on another device and enter the URL (link.tidal.com).
5. Enter the code on the login page opened on your device’s web browser.
That’s it. Stream your favorite songs or playlists with lyrics on your LG TV.
How to Listen to Tidal on LG TV Using Web Browser
1. Open the Web browser on your LG TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://tidal.com) in the address bar and visit the website.
3. Tap Log In and click Web Player.
4. Log in with your Tidal account and tap Continue.
Once you have logged in, click on your favorite song to start listening.
Note: For the best music experience, you can connect a Bose soundbar to LG TV.
How to Cast/AirPlay Tidal on LG TV
1. Install the Tidal app on your Android or iOS device from Playstore or App Store.
2. Launch the Tidal app on your smartphone.
3. Log in to your existing account or Sign up for free.
4. Play any song and tap on the Sound Output icon.
5. Select your LG TV name from the list of available devices.
Start streaming Tidal songs on a big screen with High Fidelity sound quality.
Alternative Way to Install Tidal on LG Smart TV
If you have an older model LG TV, you can install and stream Tidal by connecting any of the following streaming devices to your LG TV.
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
1. Turn on your LG TV and connect the streaming device.
2. Connect your streaming device to a stable WiFi network.
3. Launch the App Store or Channel Store on your streaming device.
4. Search and find the Tidal app and click Get or Download to install it on your LG TV.
5. Launch the Tidal app on your streaming device.
6. Login, if you are already a customer, or start your free trial if you are new to Tidal.
7. Take note of the Activation code that appears on your TV screen.
8. Visite the Tidal website (link.tidal.com) on your phone or PC web browser.
9. Enter the activation code on the login page opened on your browser.
If activated, listen to songs and albums on your TV.
No, Spotify is the better service with its free access to millions of songs around the world. But, Tidal is getting close to matching Spotify’s well-rounded functionality.
If Tidal is not working, restart the WiFi router, clear the cache, level up the device volume, and update the app and LG TV firmware to the latest version.
Tidal exclusively offers you both access. You can stream free the Tidal deep music catalog with limited ads or sign up for Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus for ad-free listening.