Stremio is a media center where you can organize and stream media files of different services using add-ons. But the Stremio app is unavailable for LG Smart TV to date. However, you can still access Stremio on LG TV by visiting its official website using a built-in web browser.
The Stremio mobile app supports Chromecast and AirPlay. So you can cast or screen mirror movies and TV series from a smartphone to an LG TV. The process is similar if you’re using Stremio on Windows and Mac. For wireless streaming, you must connect your LG TV to the same WiFi as your phone or PC.
This article will teach you to watch Stremio on LG TV with simple instructions.
How to Watch Stremio on LG Smart TV using Web Browser
1. Open a web browser on your LG Smart TV.
2. Enter the URL (web.stremio.com) in the address bar and visit the website.
3. Then click the three-dots menu and tap Log in/Sign Up.
4. Once you log in, you can access the add-ons that you have linked with Stremio.
Note: If you are new to Stremio, browse the home page and install add-ons by clicking on the respective title.
That’s it. Enjoy streaming movies and series on your LG Smart TV.
Alternative Ways to Watch Stremio on LG Smart TV
Here are other possible ways to stream the Stremio media files on webOS.
- Cast Stremio from Android
- Screen Mirror Stremio from Windows
- Screen Mirror Stremio from Mac
How to Cast Stremio on LG TV from Android
1. Connect your LG Smart TV to WiFi, which should be the same as your Android smartphone.
2. Install the Stremio app on your Android device from the Play Store.
3. Swipe up/down the Notification Panel and hit the Cast icon.
4. From the list of scanned devices, click on your LG Smart TV name.
5. If prompted, accept the screen mirroring request on your TV.
6. You can now see your Android device’s screen on your LG Smart TV.
7. Open up the Stremio app on your Android phone and sign in to your account.
8. Choose any of your favorite movies or TV shows and watch them on your LG TV.
How to Screen Mirror Stremio to LG TV from Windows
1. Download and install Stremio on Windows by visiting its official website.
2. Connect your Windows and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Using your keyboard, press the Windows + K shortcut.
4. Choose your LG Smart TV name from the available devices list.
5. On the LG Smart TV, accept the screen mirroring request.
6. Your PC’s screen will now be screen mirrored to LG TV.
7. Run Stremio on LG TV and sign in with your account credentials.
8. Select and start to stream your favorite movies or TV shows on LG TV.
How to Screen Mirror Stremio to LG TV from Mac
Turn on AirPlay on LG TV which is available with webOS version 5.0 or later. After that, follow these steps to screen mirror the Stremio app to LG TV.
1. Initially, go to the official website of Stremio and install the app on your Mac.
2. Connect your Mac and LG Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Go to the Control Center of your Mac and click on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Select your LG Smart TV name from your scanned devices list.
5. On your TV screen, accept the mirroring request.
6. Launch Stremio on Mac and ensure you sign in to your account.
7. Browse for your favorites and watch them on LG TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Stremio is free to use, but installing add-ons requires a subscription.
Stremio is completely legal and safe to use on all its compatible devices.
You can use Plex on LG TV, which is natively available in the LG Content Store.