Steam Link is unavailable in the LG Content Store. Therefore, it is impossible to install Steam Link on an LG Smart TV. Hence, you can screen share your Android or iPhone screen to the LG TV to watch Steam games on a big screen.
For screen sharing to LG TV, you must pair the Steam Link mobile app with the Steam app on your Windows or Mac.
Once done, connect your LG TV, smartphone, and PC to the same wireless connection. If your LG TV doesn’t have Chromecast built-in, connect a Chromecast to an LG TV and finish the setup.
This guide demonstrates how to screen share Steam Link on an LG Smart TV.
Before you begin, ensure that the following requirements are fulfilled.
- Install Steam on an Android or iPhone.
- Install the Steam Link app on your Windows or Mac.
- Connect your PC, Android, or iOS and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
- Pair the Steam Link mobile app with your PC.
How to Setup Steam Link on Mobile and PC
1. Install the Steam app on your Windows or Mac.
2. Get the Steam Link app on Android or iOS from the official store.
3. Connect your Android or iOS and PC to the same WiFi network.
4. Run the Steam app on your Windows PC and sign in to your account.
5. Go to Settings > Choose Remote Play from the left pane. Then, enable the Remote Play feature.
6. Open the Steam Link app on Android or iOS and pair the gaming controller.
7. Select your Windows PC’s name, which will display a PIN on your phone.
8. Enter the PIN on your PC to pair the Steam mobile app with your PC.
That’s it. You have successfully configured Steam Link on both devices.
How to Cast Steam Link to LG TV from Android
If your LG Smart TV doesn’t have Chromecast built-in, you need to connect a Chromecast to an LG TV and set it up.
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV. Check whether your LG TV is connected to the same WiFi as your PC and Android.
2. Launch the Steam Link app on your Android phone.
3. Swipe the Notification Panel of your Android and click Cast.
4. From the list of devices, click the LG Smart TV Name to pair it up.
5. If prompted, accept the screen mirroring request on your LG Smart TV.
6. Go to the Steam Link app on your Android device and play any game you want.
Enjoy streaming the gameplay from Steam Link on a bigger screen.
How to Screen Mirror Steam Link to LG TV from iOS Devices
Initially, you need to enable AirPlay on LG TV. Then, you can screen mirror the Steam Link app to your TV. Go to Home Dashboard > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings > Select AirPlay and turn it on.
Once you finish the pre-requisite, follow these steps to screen mirror the Steam Link app to your TV from an iPhone.
1. Ensure you connect your iOS, LG TV, and PC to the same WiFi network.
2. Swipe down the Control Center and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. From the scanned devices list, hit your LG TV name.
4. An AirPlay Passcode will appear on your TV screen. Note the passcode on your TV screen and enter it on your iOS device.
5. This will mirror your iPhone’s screen to your LG TV.
6. Launch the Steam Link app and stream the gameplay on your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
GeForce NOW is the best cloud-gaming app for LG TV natively in the Content Store.
The Steam Link app is supported on Windows, Mac, Linux, Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, Android, Android TV, Samsung Smart TV, and Raspberry Pi 3, 3+, and 4.