Stan is a premium streaming service in Australia that offers unlimited access to thousands of movies, TV shows, and Originals. Stan is compatible with selected LG TV models (2013-2021) running WebOS 1.0 to 5.0 and NetCast 4.0 to 4.5.
Therefore, users with those models can get the Stan app from the LG Content Store. Else, you can visit the Stan website from your TV web browser and watch your favorite programs with a subscription.
Additionally, you can stream Stan on LG TV by Screen mirroring from an Android or PC and AirPlay from an Apple device. Apart from that, you can access Stan on LG TV using streaming devices like Fire TV, Chromecast, and Apple TV.
How to Install Stan on LG Smart TV from LG Content Store
1. Open the LG Content Store on your LG TV.
2. Click the magnifier icon and search for the Stan app.
3. Choose the respective app and click on Install.
4. Open the Stan app and stream the TV shows and movies by logging in with your account.
How to Watch Stan on LG TV Using Web Browser
If your LG Smart TV is incompatible with the Stan app, visit its official website from a web browser to stream the content.
1. Turn on your LG TV using the remote.
2. Connect your LG Smart TV to WiFi or a wired internet connection.
3. Press the Home button on your remote.
4. Locate the Web Browser on the TV home screen and open the app.
5. Enter the URL (stan.com.au) in the address bar and visit the website.
6. Click Log in to sign in with your account.
Tips! If you don’t have an account, click Start your 30 day free trial and follow the on-screen guidelines to create an account.
How to Watch Stan on LG TV Using Screen Mirroring
Based on your convenience, you can stream Stan on LG TV using these methods.
Screen Mirror Stan from iPhone/iPad to LG TV
1. Begin by enabling Airplay on your LG TV to stream files wirelessly.
2. Install the Stan app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
3. Open the Stan app, log in to your account, and select a title to play.
4.. Swipe down the screen on your iOS to open Control Center.
5. Tap Screen Mirroring and select your LG TV from the available devices.
6. If prompted, enter the Airplay passcode that appears on the TV screen.
Finally, you can Enjoy streaming Stan content on your LG TV.
Screen Cast Stan from Android
1. Install the Stan app on your Android device from Play Store.
2. Once installed, open the Stan app and select any content to stream.
3. Swipe up/down the notification panel on your Android device. Click on Cast/Smart View/Screen Cast from the list of icons.
4. Select your LG Smart TV from the available devices.
Now it will cast Stan to your LG Smart TV using a wireless connection.
Screen Share Stan from PC
1. Open your Windows PC, and go to Settings > System > Display.
2. Scroll down to Multiple Displays and click on Connect to a Wireless Display.
3. Select the LG Smart TV to which you want to share the screen.
4. Click on Accept on your LG TV to allow the screen-sharing request.
5. Once done, your PC screen will be mirrored on your TV screen.
6. Further, visit the Stan Website on your PC and play your favorites.
Alternative Ways to Watch Stan on LG TV
If you insist on downloading the Stan app on your LG TV even if it is incompatible, you got a solution. To do so, you can install the Stan app on any of these devices.
How to Watch Stan on LG TV Using Chromecast
If you have a Google Chromecast, you can easily cast content from an Android to LG TV. For this to work, connect your LG TV and Android smartphone to the same WiFi network.
1. Plug your Chromecast device into the LG TV’s HDMI port.
2. Install the Stan app on your Android from the Google Play Store.
3. Complete the Sign in process by entering your account credentials.
4. Choose Stan content from the library and tap Play.
5. Swipe the Notification Panel on your Android and tap the Cast icon.
6. Select Chromecast-connected LG TV from the devices list.
Once connected, you are ready to stream Stan on a big screen.
How to Watch Stan on LG TV using Firestick
1. Plug your Firestick into the LG TV’s HDMI port and turn it on.
2. Connect your LG Smart TV and Firestick to the same WiFi network.
3. On the home screen go to the Spotlight category and select Stan.
4. Click Get to download the app on your Fire TV.
5. Once installed, open the Stan app.
6. Sign Up with 30 days free trial or Log in with an existing account.
6. Click Log in – Start Watching! and log in by visiting the activation website and entering the 4-digit code that appears on your TV screen.
Start playing awesome movies and TV shows on your LG TV.
How to Watch Stan on LG TV using Apple TV
Stan is natively available on Apple TV. You can stream all Stan content if you plug in Apple TV to your LG TV. But, Is Apple TV compatible with your LG TV? Make sure that your LG TV appears on the Apple TV-supported devices list.
Setting up Stan on Apple TV Gen 2/3
You can directly launch Stan on your Apple TV Gen 2/3 from the Home Screen.
1. Find and select the Stan app from the Apple TV Home Screen.
2. Launch the Stan app and complete the Sign in process.
3. Log in to Stan by clicking Existing Customer if you already have an account. You need to enter your Stan username and password.
Now you can stream thousands of movies and TV shows on your LG TV.
Setting up Stan on Apple TV Gen 4/4K
You will need to download the Stan app from the App Store to access it on your Apple TV 4 or 4K.
1. Go to your Apple TV Home Screen and launch the App Store.
2. Click on the Stan app from the list.
3. Select Get to download and install the Stan app on your Apple TV-connected LG TV.
4. Once installed, launch the Stan app.
5. Sign in to start your free trial or log in to an existing account.
6. Click on Already a Customer? to log in.
7. Note the login activation code that appears on your TV screen.
8. Enter the code by visiting the website (stan.com.au/activate).
Once activation is successful, you can start streaming Stan on your Apple TV-connected LG TV.
Stan Subscription Plans
Though Stan is a subscription-based service, it provides a 30-day free trial to decide whether it is really worth it. If you want to watch UEFA Champions League on LG TV, subscribe to Stan Sport add-on ($15). Stan Sport lets you stream live and on-demand content ad-free in up to 4K quality.
|Downloads on Devices||1||3||5|
|Access to on-demand||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|4K Ultra HD||No||Yes||Yes|
If Stan has a black screen with no sound, restart the Stan app, update LG TV and the Stan app to the latest version, and check the internet connection.
Open LG Content Store and click Apps. Go to My Apps and select the Stan app. Click Update if there is an update available for the app.