Sling TV is the US-based, most affordable replacement for cable and satellite networks. If you subscribe Sling TV app, you can directly download it on LG Smart TV as it is natively available on LG Content Store. Also, you can AirPlay Sling TV on LG Smart TV 2018+ models. Using the Sling TV app on your LG Smart TV, you can stream live sports channels, movies, shows, and popular channels like CNN, NBC, TNT, Fox, etc.
How to Install Sling TV on LG TV from LG Content Store
The Sling TV app is already preloaded on LG Smart TV. However, if you are not seeing the Sling TV app on LG Smart TV Home Screen, you can download it from LG Content Store.
1. Launch the LG Smart TV Home Screen by clicking the Home button on your remote.
2. With LG TV connected to WIFI, open the Content Store on your LG Smart TV.
3. Search for the Sling TV app by entering Sling TV on the search bar.
4. In the search result, click on the Sling TV app.
5. Select the Sling TV app and click the Download tab to install it from the Content Store.
Now the Sling TV app will be installed on your LG Smart TV and ready to use.
How to Sign Up for Sling TV
You can sign up for the Sling TV using one of the three base subscriptions, and it also gives you some add-on plans. If you don’t want to use a subscription plan, you can use Sling Free service. It comes with 100+ live channels and 40,000+ shows and movies.
1. Open the browser and go to Sling TV’s official website on your device.
2. Click on the Start Watching Now tab.
3. Enter your Email Address and Password.
4. Choose your Sling TV base subscription plan.
- Sling Orange – 30+ channels & 50 hours of DVR storage – $40/month.
- Sling Blue – 40+ channels & 50 hours of DVR storage – $40/month.
- Sling Orange & Blue-Every channel from both packages & 50 hours of DVR storage – $55/month.
5. Choose your Add-on plans along with your base subscription.
6. Add your Payment information.
7. Click on Submit tab, and now you are subscribed to Sling TV
How to Activate Sling TV
Once the Sling TV app is installed, you need to activate the Sling TV app before start using.
1. On your LG TV Home screen, click on the Apps tab.
2. Now launch the Sling TV app on your LG TV screen.
3. Note down the Activation code displayed on the screen.
4. By using any device, open the browser and search for Sling TV activation.
5. On the next screen, enter the activation code displayed on LG TV.
6. Click the Continue tab and sign in to the Sling TV app.
7. Now restart the Sling TV app on your LG TV.
Now you can start using the Sling TV app on LG TV without any interruption.
How to Watch Sling TV on LG TV
If you are thinking about your LG TV’s storage and don’t want to download Sling TV on your LG TV, you can try the below ways to stream its content.
How to Cast Sling TV on LG Smart TV from Android Device
1. Connect your LG TV and Android device with the same WIFI network.
2. Download the Sling TV app on your Android device from Play Store.
3. Open the Sling TV app and log in to your account.
4. Select and start playing the content you want to cast.
5. Click the Cast icon on the screen.
6. Select your LG Smart TV, and the content will start playing on your LG Smart TV.
How to AirPlay Sling TV on LG Smart TV from iOS
If your LG Smart TV is AirPlay compatible (2018+ model), it allows you to AirPlay Sling TV from an iOS device.
1. Connect your iOS device and LG Smart TV with the same WIFI.
2. Enable the LG TV AirPlay under Settings.
3. Get the Sling TV on your iOS device.
- On your iPhone/iPad, download the Sling TV app from Apple App Store.
- On your Mac, visit the Sling TV official website using the Safari browser.
4. Login and start playing the content you want on AirPlay.
5. Click the AirPlay icon on the Sling TV screen and select your LG Smart TV.
Now the content you are playing will start streaming on your LG TV from your iOS device.
How to Watch Sling TV on LG Smart TV using Web Browser
Using the Web Browser is another way if you want to stream Sling TV on LG Smart TV without installing the app.
1. Launch the LG Smart TV’s Home screen by pressing the home button on the remote.
2. Open the Web browser and type the URL https://www.sling.com/ on the address bar.
3. Login to your account using the credentials and play a content on your LG Smart TV.
How to Fix Sling TV Issues on LG TV
If you are facing issues like freezing, buffering, error messages, etc., you can use the following troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue.
- Update the LG Smart TV firmware. If your LG Smart TV software is outdated, you will face issues in installing and streaming the Sling TV app.
- To update LG TV, go to Home > Settings > All Settings > General > About This TV > Check for Updates > Yes.
- Check the Internet Connection. You need a minimum of 25MBPS internet speed to use Sling TV on LG Smart TV without any interruption.
- Update the Sling TV app. If you installed an older version of the Sling TV app, you need to update the app on LG TV to resolve issues.
- To do it, go to Home > LG Content Store > Apps > Sling TV > Update.
- Uninstall & Reinstall the Sling TV App: It will remove the temporary cache and cookies. It helps the Sling TV app to work properly.
- Power Cycle your LG Smart TV: Turn off your devices, wait for 2 to 3 minutes, turn on the devices, and launch the Sling TV app on your LG Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can stream a channel on multiple LG Smart TVs based on your Sling TV subscription.
1. Sling Orange – 1 stream
2. Sling Blue – 3 streams
3. Sling Orange & Blue – 4 streams
You can use VPN to watch Sling TV on your LG Smart TV outside the US.
Leave a Comment