Are you a Skype user and want to view video calls on your LG Smart TV? This section is for you. Sadly, the Skype app is unavailable in the LG Content Store. Therefore, screen mirroring is the only way to view Skype video calls on LG TV.
In this article, I will teach you how to screen mirror Skype to LG webOS TV using an Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac.
How to Screen Mirror Skype to LG TV Using Android
This method works only if your LG Smart TV doesn’t have Chromecast built-in. Otherwise, plug in a Chromecast to the LG TV’s HDMI port and set it up.
1. Turn on the LG TV and ensure it is connected to the internet.
2. Connect your LG TV to WiFi, which should be the same as an Android.
3. Go to the Play Store on the Android smartphone and install the Skype app.
4. Then, open up the Notification Panel of your Android device.
5. Tap the Cast icon from the Notification Panel and choose LG Smart TV.
5. Accept the screen mirroring request on your LG TV to continue.
6. Launch the Skype app on Android and sign in to your account.
7. Make a video call to your contacts and watch it on a bigger screen.
How to Screen Mirror Skype to LG TV Using iPhone
Initially, you need to enable AirPlay on LG TV. For that, go to Home Dashboard > AirPlay > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings > AirPlay ON.
1. Install the Skype app on your iPhone from the App Store.
2. Head to the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. From the devices list, choose your LG Smart TV name.
4. Take note of the AirPlay Passcode and enter it on your iPhone.
5. Now, it will project your iPhone screen to the LG TV.
6. Open the Skype app and sign in to your account.
7. Make a video call to your friend or family and view it on an LG TV.
How to Screen Mirror Skype to LG TV Using Windows
Connect your Windows desktop/laptop and LG Smart TV to the same WiFi and follow these steps.
1. Download and install the Skype app on your Windows. Visit the Skype website (go.skype.com/windows.desktop.download) to get the app.
2. Hit Windows+K on your keyboard and select your LG Smart TV.
3. Now, your Windows screen will be mirrored to an LG Smart TV.
4. Launch the Skype app and sign in to your account.
5. Initialize a video call and view it on your LG Smart TV.
How to Screen Mirror Skype to LG TV Using Mac
1. Ensure your Mac and LG Smart TV are connected to the same WiFi.
2. Get the Skype app from its website (go.skype.com/mac.download). Then, install the Skype app on your Mac.
3. Click the Control Center icon on Mac and tap Screen Mirroring.
4. Choose your webOS TV’s name from the available devices list.
5. Enable the permissions on your Mac to screen mirror it to an LG TV.
6. Open the Skype app and sign in with your account.
7. Make a video call in the Skype app and preview it on your LG TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. It is impossible to install the Skype application on webOS TV.
Yes. The RemoteMeeting app is available for LG TVs in the LG Content Store. However, you must set up a Webcam to use it.