Are you looking for an IPTV player to stream live TV, VOD, and series? Sky Media Player is the best choice for an LG Smart TV. The Sky Media Player app is natively available on the Content Store for LG TVs (2016-2022) running webOS 3.0 and above versions.
In this article, you will learn to install and activate Sky Media Player on an LG Smart TV using our step-by-step instructions.
How to Install Sky Media Player on LG Smart TV
1. Press the Home button on your LG TV remote.
2. Navigate to the LG Content Store and open it.
3. Click on the Search icon and search for the Sky Media Player app.
4. When you find the app, click on the Install button.
5. Then, tap the Open button to launch the Sky Media Player app.
Note: To stream HD videos on a big screen with hardware acceleration, you can use VLC on LG TV.
How to Activate Sky Media Player on LG Smart TV
To sign in with your IPTV provider on Sky Media Player, you need to activate the app from the Sky Media Player website. There is no direct sign-in option available in the app.
1. Open a web browser on your smartphone or PC.
2. Go to the Sky Media Player website (https://skymediaplayer.com/activate.php).
3. Now, enter the required details like Device ID (MAC Address of LG TV), Email ID, and License ($2 per year or $10 for a lifetime) option.
4. After entering all the details, click on Pay Now.
5. Complete the payment using any of the available payment options.
6. When you complete the payment, the Sky Media Player will be activated on your TV. If not, click the Refresh button.
7. Now, enter your IPTV credentials (Xtream Codes API or M3U Playlist URL).
8. For the first time, it will take more than five minutes to load the content. After that, you can stream the content of your IPTV provider.
Note: Sky Media Player is an IPTV player and it won’t offer any video content.
How to Cast Sky Media Player to LG Smart TV
If you have installed the Sky Media Player on your phone, you can cast your Android screen to LG TV. For this to work, connect your LG Smart TV and smartphone on the same WiFi network.
1. Install Sky Media Player on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
2. Open the app and sign in with the IPTV credentials. In some models of smartphones, you have to activate the app.
3. Once the IPTV content is loaded, click on the Cast icon.
4. From the list of devices available, choose your LG Smart TV Name.
5. Now, play the video content. It will appear on your LG TV.
6. To stop the casting, press the Cast icon and choose Disconnect.
Note: Similarly, you can cast Xtream IPTV player on LG Smart TV if it has Chromecast built-in.
Features of Sky Media Player
The Sky Media Player has key features that are unavailable in the other IPTV players.
- You can sign in with your IPTV provider using both the Xtream Codes API and M3U Playlist URL.
- Using the media player app, you can download video content offline and record live TV shows.
- The video player is equipped with a built-in Search function to search for a specific channel or a video title.
- All the movies and series available in the player are added with the TMDb data.
- You can also upload an EPG guide for all the live TV channels.
- If you want, you can upload subtitles or auto-download subtitles with the video title name.
- You can use the app in 25+ languages.
Yes. You can AirPlay Sky Media Player to LG TV from an iPhone or iPad. You can get this app on your device by paying $9.99 from the App Store.
You can check our suggestions on the best IPTV apps for LG TV and download the app based on your liking.