Sky Go is a dedicated application for Sky TV customers in the UK and Ireland. With the Sky Go app, users can watch live TV channels and on-demand content. As the Sky Go app is unavailable in the LG Content Store, you can cast your Android screen to LG TV to watch its content.
If you are an iPhone user, you can watch Sky Go content on LG TV using the screen mirroring feature. Alternatively, you can screen mirror Sky Go to LG TV from Windows and Mac to watch its content effortlessly.
In this article, you will learn the possible methods to watch the Sky Go content on your LG Smart TV.
How to Watch Sky Go on LG Smart TV
Based on your convenience, use any of the methods to watch Sky Go on the TV.
- Cast from Android
- AirPlay from iOS
How to Cast Sky Go to LG Smart TV from Android
1. Turn on your LG TV by pressing the power button on the TV or remote.
2. Connect your Android smartphone and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Install the Sky Go app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
4. Launch the app and Sign in with your account credentials.
5. Swipe up/down the Notification Panel and click the Cast icon.
6. Select your LG Smart TV name or the Chromecast-connected TV from the list of available devices.
Once connected, play and stream your favorite content on your LG TV.
How to AirPlay Sky Go on LG TV from iOS
1. Enable AirPlay on your LG Smart TV once you turn it on.
2. Connect your LG Smart TV to the same WiFi network as your iPhone.
3. Download the Sky Go app on your iPhone from the App Store.
4. Once installed, open the Sky Go app and log into your account.
5. Play the content that you want to stream on your TV.
6. Open the Control Centre and select the Screen Mirroring option.
7. An AirPlay code will be displayed on your LG TV screen. Enter the code on your iOS device.
That’s it. Start streaming your desired Sky Go content on a big screen.
Alternative Ways to Stream Sky Go on LG TV
Besides cast or AirPlay, you can also screen mirror Sky Go from your PC or laptop. To do so, connect your LG TV and PC to the same WiFi network.
- Screen Share from Windows
- Screen Mirror from Mac
How to Get Sky Go on LG TV using Windows PC
1. Turn on your Windows PC and go to Settings.
2. Click System followed by Display.
2. Select the Multiple Displays option and tap on Connect to a Wireless Display.
3. Choose your LG Smart TV from the list of available devices.
4. Hit Accept on your LG TV to allow the request.
5. Once connected, your PC screen will be mirrored on your LG TV.
6. Visit the Sky Go official website and download the application on your PC.
7. After that, open the Sky Go app on your Windows.
8. Login with your Sky TV credentials and play the content you wish.
Enjoy watching Sky Go on your webOS wirelessly via screen mirroring.
How to Screen Mirror Sky Go to LG TV from Mac
1. Connect your LG TV and Mac to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Safari browser on your Mac and go to the Sky Go website (sky.com/pages/sky-go/download-the-app).
3. Download the Sky Go (macOS) app and launch it on your Mac.
4. Login with your Sky TV account and play the content you want.
5. Further, click the Control Centre icon at the top of the Mac menu bar.
6. Tap Screen Mirroring and select your LG Smart TV name from the drop-down list to connect.
Enjoy streaming Sky Go live TV channels and on-demand videos on a big screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can access Sky Go on a Firestick-connected LG TV by installing the app from the Amazon App Store.
Sky Go is a free complimentary service for users with a Sky TV subscription.