Do you have a cable TV provider account for the Showtime channel? Then, you can definitely install and access the Showtime Anytime app for free. Moreover, since the Showtime Anytime app is made available directly on the LG Content Store, you don’t have to follow a hassled process to install the app on your TV. With this, advantage, you can definitely stream your favorite movies, TV shows, and the Showtime channel live on LG Smart TV.
The Showtime Anytime app comes with the Parental Control feature. With this, you are not even required to enable the Parental Controls on LG Smart TV. Even, the Showtime Anytime app has Closed Captioning support. With that, you will have a quality streaming experience on your LG Smart TV.
How to Install Showtime Anytime on LG Smart TV
All the LG Smart TVs with webOS 4.0 or later support Showtime Anytime. So, here are the steps you can use to install the Showtime Anytime app on your LG Smart TV.
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV and hit the Home button on your remote.
2. Then, hit the Right button on your remote and select the LG Content Store or Apps tile.
3. Search for Showtime Anytime and select the same from the search results.
4. Then, hit the Install button from the app description and install the Showtime Anytime app on your LG TV.
5. Based on your internet speed, the Showtime Anytime app will get installed on your TV.
Cable TV Providers that Support Showtime Anytime
Once you install the Showtime Anytime app, you need to activate it. For that, you need to sign in with the supported cable TV providers as mentioned below:
- AT&T U-verse
- Bright House Networks
- Charter Communications
- Verizon FiOS
- Suddenlink, and more.
How to Activate Showtime Anytime on LG Smart TV
Once you install the Showtime Anytime app, here are the steps you need to follow to activate the app. Then, you can start to stream your favorite movie, TV Shows, and live TV on your LG Smart TV for free.
1. Launch the Showtime Anytime app on your LG Smart TV.
2. Play any program you want on the Showtime Anytime app or go to Settings and select the Activate option.
3. Now, note the activation code that appears on your TV screen.
4. Then, open a web browser and visit the activation website (http://showtimeanytime.com/activate) of Showtime Anytime.
5. Input the activation code on the required field and hit the Submit or Activate button.
6. Choose a cable TV provider and sign in with your account.
7. Once you sign in, the Showtime Anytime app on your TV will get activated.
8. After the process, restart the Showtime Anytime app and start to stream your favorite movies or TV shows.
Alternative Way to Watch Showtime Anytime on LG Smart TV
Alternatively, you can use the following methods to watch Showtime Anytime on LG Smart TV:
- Screen mirror the Showtime Anytime app
- AirPlay the Showtime Anytime app
- Watch Showtime Anytime on a web browser
How to Screen Mirror Showtime Anytime on LG Smart TV
1. Connect your LG TV to a wifi network and make sure to connect your Android phone to the same wifi network.
2. Navigate to the Play Store on your Android phone and install the Showtime Anytime app.
3. Swipe down the Notification Panel and tap the Smart Mirroring or the Cast icon.
Note: The screen mirroring feature varies based on the Android phone brand you use.
4. From the list of scanned devices, tap on your LG Smart TV’s name.
5. Accept the screen mirroring request on your LG Smart TV if required.
6. After this, your Android phone’s screen will get mirrored to your LG TV.
7. Once you complete this process, launch the Showtime Anytime app and sign in with your TV provider account.
8. Choose and start to stream your favorite movies or TV shows on your LG TV.
How to AirPlay Showtime Anytime on LG Smart TV
The Showtime Anytime app supports AirPlay. Even, your LG Smart TV models with webOS version 4.0 or later supports AirPlay. So, if you have an LG Smart TV model that supports AirPlay, here are the steps you need to follow:
Before you come to the steps below, make sure to enable AirPlay on your LG TV. You can do the same from the LG TV Settings > Home Dashboard > AirPlay > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings > Turn on AirPlay.
1. Get to the App Store and install the Showtime Anytime app.
2. Ensure that you have connected your iOS device and the LG Smart TV to the same wifi network.
3. Launch the Showtime Anytime app and sign in.
4. Play any of your favorite movies or TV show and hit the AirPlay icon.
5. Choose your LG Smart TV name from the available devices list.
6. Now, an AirPlay Passcode will appear on your LG TV that you need to note down.
7. After this, input the AirPlay Passcode on your iOS device.
8. Once a successful connection is established, the selected content from the Showtime Anytime app will play on your TV.
How to Watch Showtime Anytime on LG Smart TV using a Web Browser
Your LG TV has built-in web browser support. Using it, you can access Showtime Anytime directly on the bigger screen.
1. Go to the home screen of your LG Smart TV.
2. Press the Right button on your remote and choose the Web Browser tile to launch it.
3. On the URL box, input the URL of the official website (https://www.showtimeanytime.com/) of Showtime Anytime.
4. Hit the Sign in button and choose your cable TV provider to sign in to your account.
5. Browse for your favorite movie or TV shows and watch them on your LG Smart TV.
Here’s the Simplest Way to Watch Showtime on LG Smart TV without Cable
In case you don’t have a cable TV subscription to Showtime, you can get a subscription to it directly. For that, you need to choose the Paramount Plus with Showtime subscription at $11.99/month. If it’s the first time you are to subscribe to Showtime, you will get a 7-day free trial which you can use to stream free movies and TV shows. You can get a subscription or free trial on Showtime from its official website. You even have the option to install the Showtime app on your LG Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can install the Showtime Anytime app on your LG Smart TV.
Yes, you can install, access, and watch on Showtime Anytime app on your LG TV for free. But you need to activate the app with the supported cable TV providers like Spectrum, Xfinity, Cox, DIRECTV, and more.