Pluto is a free streaming service that let you stream live TV channels and on-demand content. Currently, Pluto TV is available on the LG Content Store for LG Smart TVs (2020 or above) running WebOS 5.0 or later.
If you have older LG TV models, visit the Pluto TV website from your TV’s built-in browser and start streaming television channels, movies, shows, etc.
Furthermore, you can stream Pluto TV by screen mirroring from an Android or AirPlay from an Apple device. Alternatively, you can watch Pluto TV on LG TV by connecting streaming devices like Firestick, Chromecast, and Roku.
How to Stream Pluto TV on LG Smart TV
Here are the possible ways to stream Pluto on your Smart TV.
How to Install Pluto TV on LG Smart TV
As discussed earlier, you can easily download Pluto TV from the LG Channel Store. If you couldn’t find the LG Channels app, you can enable it manually with these steps.
Go to TV Menu > Settings > All Settings > Channel > LG Channels ON/OFF.
1. Go to the LG Channel Store on your LG TV.
2. Search for Pluto TV by clicking the magnifier icon.
3. Choose the respective app and click on Install.
4. Further, open the Pluto TV app and start streaming the TV show you want.
How to Watch Pluto TV on LG TV Using Web Browser
1. Turn on your LG TV using the LG Magic Remote.
2. Connect your LG Smart TV to WiFi or a wired internet connection.
3. Tap the Home button on your remote.
4. From the installed apps, click on Web Browser to open the app.
5. Enter the URL (pluto.tv) in the address bar and visit the website.
6. Click on Live TV or On Demand from the top menu.
Select any movie or TV show to begin streaming on your LG TV.
How to Watch Pluto TV on LG TV Using Screen Mirroring
If your TV does not have a web browser, you can still stream Pluto TV by screen mirroring it from a PC, Android, or iOS device. For this purpose, connect your LG TV and screen-mirroring device to the same WiFi network.
- Screen Share Pluto TV from Windows
- Screen Mirror Pluto TV from iOS
- Screen Cast Pluto TV from Android
Screen Share Pluto TV from Windows
1. Open your Windows PC, go to Settings > System > Display.
2. Scroll down to Multiple Displays and click on Connect to a Wireless Display.
3. Select the LG Smart TV to which you want to share your screen.
4. Click on Accept on your LG TV to allow the request.
5. Once done, your PC screen will be displayed on your TV screen.
6. Further, visit the Pluto TV website on your PC and play your favorites.
Screen Mirror Pluto TV from iOS
1. Make sure to enable AirPlay on your LG TV to stream files wirelessly.
2. Install the Pluto TV app on your Apple device from the App Store.
3. Open the Pluto TV app on your iPhone and select a title to play.
4. Swipe down the screen on your iPhone to open Control Center.
5. Tap Screen Mirroring and select your LG TV from the available devices.
6. If prompted, enter the Airplay passcode that appears on the TV screen.
Enjoy watching Pluto TV channels for free on a big screen.
Screen Cast Pluto TV from Android
1. Install the Pluto TV app on your Android device from the Play Store.
2. Once installed, open the Pluto TV app and select any content to stream.
3. Swipe up/down the notification panel on your Android. Click on Cast/Smart View/Screen Cast from the list of icons.
4. Select your LG Smart TV from the dropdown list.
Now it will cast Pluto TV to your Smart TV using a wireless connection.
Alternate Ways to Watch Pluto TV on LG TV
The Pluto TV app is also compatible with the following streaming devices. So, you can install the app on the device you have and stream it on your LG TV.
How to Watch Pluto TV on LG TV Using Firestick
1. Plug your Firestick into the LG TV’s HDMI port and turn it on.
2. Connect your LG Smart TV and Firestick to the same WiFi network.
3. Search for Pluto TV in the Amazon App Store and install the app on Firestick.
4. Open the Pluto TV app and sign in to your account if required.
Start playing live TV channels on LG TV
How to Cast Pluto TV to LG TV Using Chromecast
If you have a Google Chromecast, you can easily cast content from an Android to LG TV. For this to work, connect your LG TV and Android smartphone to the same WiFi network.
1. Plug your Chromecast device into the LG TV’s HDMI port.
2. Install the Pluto TV app on your Android from the Google Play store.
3. Complete the Sign in process by entering your account credentials.
4. Choose Pluto content from the library and tap Play.
5. Swipe the Notification Panel on your Android and tap the Cast icon.
6. Select Chromecast-connected LG TV from the devices list.
Once connected, you are ready to stream Pluto TV on a big screen.
How to Watch Pluto TV on LG TV Using Roku
1. Connect Roku to your LG TV and ensure it has internet access.
2. Go to the Roku Home page and open the Roku Channel Store.
3. Tap on Add Channel and find Pluto TV.
4. Install Pluto TV on your Roku device and click Go to Channel to open the app.
Start watching your favorite live TV shows, movies, and series for free.
You can stream over 250 channels for free on Pluto TV without any subscription.
Yes, it is completely free to install. No registration or subscription is required to access the Pluto TV app.