Want to watch movies and TV shows stored in the Plex Media Server? Install Plex on your LG TV. The Plex app is natively available on the LG Content Store for LG Smart TVs running webOS 3.0 and above. So you can install the Plex app on your LG TV with ease.
Alternatively, open a web browser on your LG TV to stream the Plex content from its website. Plex supports Chromecast and AirPlay. So, you can wirelessly stream Plex on an LG TV using Android or iPhone. For that, connect your LG TV to WiFi, which should be the same as your phone.
If you have a Firestick, Roku, or Apple TV, install the Plex app on a streaming device. Connect any of those devices to a TV to access the Plex content.
In this article, you will learn the possible ways to stream Plex on your LG TV.
How to Install Plex on LG TV from the LG Content Store
1. Open the LG Content Store on your LG Smart TV.
2. Enter Plex in the Search bar and locate the app.
3. Hit the Install button on the Plex app description.
4. Once done, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate Plex on LG Smart TV
1. When you open the Plex app on your TV, it will display a short note about Plex.
2. Click Sign In. It will display a 4-digit character code. Take a note of it.
3. Open a browser on your PC and go to the Plex activation website (plex.tv/link/).
4. Enter that code on the website and click Link.
5. If the code is valid, the Plex player app on your TV will refresh.
Stream the popular movies and TV shows on your LG TV.
How to Watch Plex on LG TV Using a Web Browser
1. Run a web browser on your TV.
2. Go to the official website of Plex (watch.plex.tv).
3. Sign in to your Plex account.
4. From the library, click on a title that you like to watch.
5. On the next page, click Watch Now and stream it on your LG TV.
How to Cast Plex to LG Smart TV
If your LG TV has Chromecast built-in, you can directly cast your Android screen to your LG TV. Otherwise, connect a Chromecast to an LG TV and set it up. Beforehand, connect the LG TV and Android phone to the same WiFi network.
1. Install the Plex app on your smartphone from the Play Store.
2. Open the Plex app on your Android device.
3. Sign in to your account.
4. Tap Cast and choose LG Smart TV Name.
5. Choose any video and play it on your smartphone.
Now, the video will play on your LG Smart TV via casting.
How to AirPlay Plex on LG Smart TV
Before getting into the steps, you should enable AirPlay on LG TV.
1. Connect the iPhone/iPad and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Plex application on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
3. Launch the Plex application on your iOS device.
4. Complete the login process using the Plex account credentials.
5. Play any content on the app and click the AirPlay icon.
6. Select your LG TV name from the list of devices.
Now, the Plex content will play on your Smart TV using AirPlay.
Alternate Ways to Watch Plex on LG TV Using a Streaming Device
LG non-Smart TV users can convert it into a Smart TV by connecting a Roku, Apple TV, or Firestick. With that, you can access Plex on your streaming device by installing the app from its relevant store.
Note: If you are a new Roku user, check our guide to connect Roku to an LG TV.
Fixes for Plex Not Working on the LG TV
Many users reported that the media keeps freezing on an LG TV. Even if you see a black screen on Plex, don’t worry. Try these workarounds to resolve the Plex not working issue.
- Test the internet speed on your LG TV. Ensure you have at least 15 Mbps of speed to stream the Plex content without interruptions.
- Connect the LG TV to a wired internet connection using an ethernet cable.
- Update the LG TV and the Plex app to the latest version.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Plex app to fix the app-related issues.
- Restart your LG TV to clear the temporary bugs or software-related problems.
- Check your TV’s location settings that may restrict access to Plex content.
- Check for server outages for Plex by visiting the Downdetector website.
- Reset the LG TV to bring it back to its initial settings.
Plex Subscription Plans
Plex offers more features in the Plex Pass, such as DVD Recording, Add lyrics, Skip Credits, etc. Here are the subscription plans offered by Plex.
- Monthly ($4.99/mo)
- Annual ($39.99/year)
- Lifetime ($119.99)
Yes. You can watch some content for free. But for more features and on-demand content, you need a subscription, which starts from $4.99/month.
If the content keeps buffering on LG TV, it indicates that the WiFi signals are weak. Connect your LG TV to a wired internet connection to fix the buffering issue.