|Name of the App||Plex|
|How to Get||From LG Content Store|
|Alternate Way||Using Web Browser or Casting|
Plex app is currently available on almost all the models of LG Smart TV. Apart from installing the app, you can use the web browser or the Cast feature to access the Plex app on your TV. With Plex on LG Smart TV, you can manage your own media files on any device.
How to Install Plex on LG Smart TV [webOS]
You can get the Plex app on your LG TV from webOS 2.0 and above models. Plex is one of the fewest apps that are still available and running on Netcast LG TVs.
1. Open the LG Content Store on your LG Smart TV.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Plex app.
3. Hit the Install button when you find the application.
4. Wait until the application gets installed completely on your LG TV.
5. Open the app and sign in with the required details.
How to Install Plex on LG Smart TV [Netcast]
If you have an LG TV powered by Netcast OS, you can install the Plex app. The Plex app is available for the Netcast 2013 TV models.
1. Press the Home or Start button on your LG TV remote.
2. Now, click on the Premium Apps section.
3. As Plex is a popular app, you can find the app on the home screen. If not, search for the Plex app.
4. Select the Plex app and tap the Install button.
5. Open the Plex app on your TV.
How to Activate Plex on LG Smart TV
To activate the Plex app on your TV, you have to use your smartphone or PC.
1. When you open the Plex app on your TV, you will get a 4-digit code.
2. Open a web browser on your smartphone or your PC and go to the Plex activation website (plex.tv/link/).
3. You have to enter that code on the website.
4. Click on the Link button.
5. Sign in with your Plex account to complete the activation.
6. Now, you can access all the Plex media content on your TV.
How to Watch Plex TV Using a Web Browser
You can watch the content on the Plex app without installing the app on your LG TV. For that, you have to use the built-in web browser on your LG TV.
1. Open a web browser on your LG TV.
2. Go to the official website of Plex (watch.plex.tv).
3. Sign in to your Plex account.
4. After that, choose any video of your choice.
5. Click on Watch Now and stream them on your LG TV.
How to Cast Plex to LG Smart TV
Apart from installing the app and using the Plex website, you can use your smartphone to cast the app on your LG TV. For casting, you have to connect your LG Smart TV and your smartphone to the same WiFi connection.
1. Install the Plex app on your smartphone from the Play Store.
2. Open the Plex app on your smartphone.
3. Sign in to your account.
4. Click on the Cast icon and choose your LG Smart TV.
5. Choose any video and play it on your smartphone.
6. Now, the video will appear on your LG Smart TV.
Plex New Update
In the month of November 2022, Plex released a new update with an exciting feature called Discover Credits. In the Discover Credits menu, you will get information about artists like movies, TV shows, filmography, and what they are known for. With the Discover Credits feature, you can find video titles and artists with ease.
Leave a Comment