Mubi is a premium streaming service for watching new movies in HD every day by paying $10.99 per month. If you have LG Smart TV that was released after 2016, you can install Mubi from LG Content Store.
If Mubi is unsupported for your LG TV, you can use streaming devices or Cast/AirPlay feature to access the Mubi app.
By creating a free Mubi account, you can search and add films to your watchlist. But to watch movies and access the entire catalog on your LG TV, you need to subscribe to its monthly or yearly plan. Mubi subscribers can also download movies on LG TV and watch them offline.
How to Watch Mubi on LG Smart TV
Here are the simplest ways to access the Mubi app on your LG TV.
How to Install Mubi App on LG Smart TV
1. Turn on your LG TV and connect it with a strong WiFi connection.
2. Press the Home button on your LG TV remote aiming at your LG TV sensor.
3. Navigate to the LG Content Store and go to the Apps section.
4. Select the Mubi app to launch the app preview page and then click on the Install button.
5. Once downloaded, you can open the app on your LG TV.
How to Activate Mubi on LG Smart TV
1. Launch the Mubi app and go to the Settings page.
2. Then click on Already a member? Login button to proceed with activation.
3. Now you will see two different options such as QR Code and 6 digit code.
4. Scan the QR Code and log in to your Mubi account to activate.
5. Alternatively, visit the Mubi activation page from a web browser and enter the displayed code.
6. Click on the Activate button and log in to your Mubi account, if needed.
7. Once done, you will see the message “Your device is now connected”.
How to Chromecast Mubi on LG Smart TV
1. Make sure you’ve connected Chromecast-connected LG TV and Android device to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install the Mubi App on your device from the Play Store.
3. After that, launch the app and Sign in to your Mubi account.
4. Start playing a film and then click on the Cast icon to scan the devices.
5. From the list of compatible devices, select your LG TV Name.
6. Now the selected movie will start playing on your LG TV screen.
How to AirPlay Mubi on LG Smart TV
For wireless mirroring, make sure to enable AirPlay on your LG TV.
1. Connect your LG Smart TV and iPhone/iPad to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Mubi app on your iOS device from App Store.
3. Open the Mubi app on your device and log in to your account using the credentials.
4. Select and play a movie on your device and click on the AirPlay icon in the player menu.
5. From the list of available devices, choose your LG TV.
Finally, the selected movie will stream on your Smart TV.
How to Get Mubi on LG Smart TV Using Streaming Devices
Since the Mubi app is compatible with streaming devices and gaming consoles, you can use the below devices to get the Mubi app on your TV.
- Apple TV
How to Stream Mubi on LG TV Using Connected Devices
1. Connect and set up your streaming device or gaming console with your LG TV.
2. Connect it to a strong WiFi and launch your device’s home screen.
3. Go to your device’s App Store and install the Mubi app on your device.
4. Now launch the App and log in to your Mubi account using the credentials.
5. Then select a movie and start watching it on your LG TV screen.
How to Fix Mubi App Not Working on LG Smart TV
Occasionally you may find issues with the Mubi app while using it on TV. In such time, below are the fixes you should try to rectify the Mubi app issues.
- Test the internet speed on LG TV and ensure it is strong and stable.
- If the Mubi app is outdated, update the app on your Smart TV.
- Clear the cache on your LG TV to remove corrupted temporary files.
- Set the correct location settings on your TV and relaunch the Mubi app.
- Keep the updated software on LG TV to prevent compatibility issues.
- Factory reset your LG TV to rectify the incorrect settings.
No, Mubi doesn’t support the web browser of LG Smart TV. Mubi can only be accessed on Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Firefox.
Yes, you can easily pause your Mubi subscription. To do so, open Mubi app/website > Log in > Settings > Pause Membership.