MLB is a premium sports app to watch live baseball events plus on-demand content. Sadly, the MLB app is not supported by LG Smart TV models. Nonetheless, you can use FOX Sports on LG TV to stream MLB games. Notably, FOX Sports has acquired broadcasting rights where you can watch all the MLB sporting events to the 2028 season.
In addition, you can get the latest news, scores, standings, statistics, and live stream of major league baseball on your LG TV using Chromecast and AirPlay.
The World Series of the 2023 MLB playoff bracket starts on October 27, 2023, and ends on November 04, 2023. Those with cable TV provider subscriptions can watch these games live using FOX, FS1, TBS, ESPN, ABC, and MLB Network.
Remember, you can’t watch the out-of-market MLB games on these live TV channels. So, getting a subscription to watch the out-of-market games is essential. To stream MLB games on LG TV without cable, you can use streaming services like fuboTV, DirecTV Stream, Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, and Vidgo.
7 games are scheduled for the MLB World Series, which will be played between October 27 – November 04, 2023.
How to Watch MLB on LG Smart TV
As the MLB app is not available on the LG Content Store, you can use the below-mentioned methods to stream the 2023 MLB World Series on your LG TV.
- Using FOX Sports
- Using Chromecast
- Via Apple AirPlay
How to Stream MLB on LG TV using FOX Sports
1. Press the Home button on the LG Magic Remote.
2. Click on LG Content Store by scrolling through the apps.
3. Choose the Apps section, enter FOX Sports in the search bar, and locate the app.
4. Click Install to get FOX Sports on your TV.
5. Next, open the FOX Sports app and click Sign In to proceed.
6. It will display an activation code on the TV screen.
7. Go to go.foxsports.com from a browser, enter the code, and click Submit.
8. After that, select your TV provider and sign in with the appropriate credentials.
9. Once verified, you can watch the FOX Sports content on LG TV.
10. Choose an MLB category and start watching the live event.
How to Cast MLB World Series on LG TV
1. Connect your LG Smart TV to a WIFI network. Ensure that LG Smart TV and the Android mobile use the same WIFI network.
2. Open the Play Store on your Android smartphone.
3. Search for MLB and choose the app from the suggestions.
4. Click Install to install the app on your Android device.
5. After the installation, open the MLB app and click the Browse icon at the top right of the home screen.
6. Scroll to the bottom and click on Account Settings.
7. Click Log In and enter your MLB.TV account credentials.
8. Once logged in, select any MLB game you want to watch on TV.
9. When it starts playing, click the Cast icon and select your LG TV name to connect.
With this, you can watch your favorite MLB games on your LG TV.
How to AirPlay MLB World Series on LG TV
If your LG TV runs webOS 4.0 or later, you can enable AirPlay on LG TV. Then, follow these steps to watch the MLB games on LG TV.
1. Press the Home button on the LG TV remote.
2. Scroll down the applications and click on AirPlay.
3. Click on AirPlay & HomeKit Settings → Turn On AirPlay.
4. Connect your iPhone/iPad and LG Smart TV to the same WIFI network.
5. Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
6. Enter MLB in the search bar and locate the app.
7. Click Get to begin the installation on your Apple device.
8. Open the MLB app and log in with your MLB.TV account.
9. Play any baseball match from the MLB home screen.
10. Hover to Control Center on your iPhone/iPad, and click on Screen Mirroring.
11. Choose your LG Smart TV from the available devices.
12. If prompted, enter the AirPlay passcode to pair your device.
Finally, your smartphone screen is now mirrored to your LG Smart TV.
MLB Subscription Plans & Pricing
MLB offers three different tiers based on the user’s requirements. You can subscribe to MLB At Bat to know match results via radio. For live video streaming, you can get MLB.TV subscription, which also provides access to 250+ Spring Training games. Visit mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe to subscribe to any one of the following subscription plans.
For a limited-period, you will get a 50% offer for the following subscription plans.
|MLB At Bat||$3.99 per month||$14.99 per year||7 Days|
|MLB.TV||$24.99 per month||$69.99 per year||7 days|
|Single-Team||–||$59.99 per year||–|
How to Watch MLB on LG Smart TV Without Cable
The following are the streaming services you can use to watch MLB games on LG TV without cable. It includes all the live TV channels that stream the MLB games. Besides the MLB games, you will receive 60+ live TV channels to watch movies, TV shows, sports, documentaries, and more.
Vidgo on LG TV allows you to watch live baseball events. The subscription for Vidgo Plus costs $64.99 per month and offers 110+ live channels, including ESPN, ESPN Deportes, ESPN2, FOX, FOX Deportes, FS1, FS2, and MLB Network. New customers are also eligible for a 7-day free trial.
fuboTV on LG TV offers major sports channels like MLB Network, FS1, ESPN, and FOX to stream the 2023 MLB World Series. You can pay $74.99 per month to get all these channels under the fubo Pro package. Moreover, you can access their services for free using a 7-day free trial.
DirecTV Stream’s Entertainment plan provides 75+ channels for $74.99 per month. By tuning in to ESPN, ESPN2, or FS1, you can enjoy baseball events live using DirecTV Stream on LG TV. Though it does not offer a free trial, you can use unlimited DVR to record your favorite shows.
You can get Sling TV on LG TV from the LG Content Store. Sling Blue carries sports networks like FOX and FS1, whereas Sling Orange has ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3. It is best to subscribe to Sling Orange & Blue for $55 per month to get all these channels at a fair cost.
Hulu + Live TV
Like Sling TV, you can get Hulu on LG Smart TV from the built-in app store. Subscribe to Hulu + Live TV to get 85+ channels featuring FS1, FS2, ESPN, ESPN2, FOX, and more. You will also get access to ESPN+ for streaming international soccer and UFC on LG Smart TV. The Hulu+Live TV subscription will cost you $69.99/month.
2023 MLB World Series Schedule
Here are the teams playing in the World Series round of the MLB playoff bracket.
|1||October 27||Texas Rangers vs Arizona Diamondbacks||8:03 pm|
|2||October 28||Texas Rangers vs Arizona Diamondbacks||8:03 pm|
|3||October 30||Arizona Diamondbacks vs Texas Rangers||8:03 pm|
|4||October 31||Arizona Diamondbacks vs Texas Rangers||8:03 pm|
|5||November 1||Arizona Diamondbacks vs Texas Rangers||8:03 pm|
|6||November 3||Texas Rangers vs Arizona Diamondbacks||8:03 pm|
|7||November 4||Texas Rangers vs Arizona Diamondbacks||8:03 pm|
Yes. You can use the MLB.TV subscription on devices like PlayStation, Xbox One, Android TV, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Xfinity Flex, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung Smart TV.