Magic Tap is a smart feature in LG TV that allows you to share the contents between your mobile and LG TV. The technology works with a smart feature called NFC connection. So, the Magic Tap feature isn’t compatible with all LG TV models. You can access the feature only from the LG TV with the NFC connection.
LG TVs Compatible with Magic Tap
You can access the Magic Tap feature only from the LG TV models like LG OLED Z2, G2, C2, B2, and A2 series.
How to Setup Magic Tap on Smartphone
(1) Download the LG ThinQ application from the Play Store and App Store of your device.
(2) Ensure you connect your mobile and TV to the same WiFi connection.
(3) Now, place your mobile on the N icon on your Magic remote.
(4) Click the Add button from the on-screen prompt.
(5) Now, an 8-digit code will display on your TV, which you need to make a note of.
(6) Enter the code on your smartphone and click the Next button.
(7) Select your LG TV from the LG ThinQ application.
(8) Click the three-dotted icon at the top right corner of the app.
(9) Select the LG ThinQ TV Settings option.
(10) Tap the NFC Connection option and enable the option Always show NFC Connection pop-up.
(11) Now, you will receive a pop message whenever you place your mobile on the N button in the LG Magic Remote.
Note: You can enable the Eye comfort mode on LG TV to save your eyes from the blu rays.
How to Use Magic Tap on LG Smart TV
(1) Turn on your LG Smart TV and ensure to connect your mobile and TV to the same WiFi connection.
(2) Place your mobile on the N icon on your Magic Remote.
(3) Now, you can see the list of options displayed on your mobile. The Magic controls are
- Mobile Screen Mirroring
- Mobile Contents on TV
- View TV Screen
- Play TV Sound
- Mobile Sound on TV
Mobile Screen Mirroring
This option lets you share your mobile screen with the connected LG TV.
- Select the Mobile Screen Mirroring option and click the OK button to start mirroring on your TV.
Mobile Contents on TV
With the Mobile Contents on TV option, you can cast the videos from the local storage of your phone. Once you have started playing the video on your mobile, you can do other work on your mobile. It will not mirror the entire screen on your mobile. It will transfer only the videos that you have played on your mobile.
- Select the Mobile Contents on TV option from the popup menu.
- Now, you will be directed to the local storage of your mobile.
- Select the video that you need to cast on your mobile.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the video on your LG smart TV.
- With this, you can start doing your other work.
View TV Screen
With the View TV Screen option, you can view the content of your TV on the smartphone you have connected to the LG TV. But the audio will be played on your TV.
- Select the View TV Screen option from the popup menu and click the OK button to start viewing your TV screen on your mobile.
Play TV Sound
This feature allows you to play the sound on your smartphone connected to your TV. Once you have selected this option, your TV will be muted. You can view only the videos on your TV. The audio will be played on the mobile that you have connected to your TV. Select the Play TV Sound option and click the OK button to begin the process.
Mobile Sound on TV
With the Mobile Sound on TV option, you can play videos on your mobile and hear the sound in the Dolby Atoms of the LG TV you have paired with your smartphone.
- Select the Mobile Sound on TV option from the popup menu and click the OK button to hear the sounds on your TV.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes. You can use the Magic Tap feature on your LG C1 OLED77C1AUB series.
Leave a Comment