MAC address is slightly similar to an IP address on the LG TV that lets you identify a device on a wired or wireless network. You can go to Network Settings to find the MAC address of the LG TV. MAC address has many names, such as burned-in address, ethernet hardware address, hardware address, or physical address. It contains 12 hexadecimal digits that use numbers and letters separated by hyphens.
This article explains the procedure to find the MAC address of your LG TV of all models, such as 4K UHD, OLED, QLED, etc.
How to Find MAC Address on LG Smart TV
The MAC Address is available for both the wired and wireless network connection. Each NIC (Network Interface Controller) has an individual WiFi MAC Address that we use as a network address to communicate. Before you go ahead, connect your LG Smart TV to a WiFi or wired internet connection.
1. Hit the Home button on the LG Magic Remote and click on Settings.
2. Click on All Settings and select General from the menu.
3. Using the directional pad, scroll down and select the Network option.
4. Press the right arrow on your LG TV remote.
5. Choose WiFi Connection and select Other Networks.
6. After that, select Advanced WiFi Settings.
7. In the menu, you can see your TV’s IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS Server, and MAC Address.
MAC Address vs. IP Address
There is a mild difference between a MAC Address and an IP Address. The IP Address is a temporary address the Internet Service Provider gives to know the device’s global location. On the other hand, the MAC Address will be provided by the manufacturer of the NIC (Network Interface Controller).
With the help of a VPN, you can easily mask the IP address of the LG TV to unblock geo-restricted content. But it is impossible to hide the MAC Address.
No, you can’t. The device manufacturer gives the MAC Address, which is impossible to change.
With the help of the MAC address, you can find the device’s physical location.
Yes. You can use the LG ThinQ app to find the MAC address by visiting the settings.
You can connect the LG TV to a wired internet connection. Then, check the MAC address.