|Topic Discussed||MAC Address|
|Where to Find||In the Advanced WiFi Settings|
|What is the Purpose||Used to find the physical location of the LG Smart TV|
MAC (Media Access Control) Address is a unique physical address that you find on all devices. MAC Address is an important element on your LG TV when it comes to a wired internet connection. With the MAC address, you can easily find your TV when connected to a LAN network. MAC address is also known as a burned-in address, ethernet hardware address, hardware address, or physical address.
Steps to Find MAC Address on LG Smart TV
The MAC Address is available for both the wired and wireless network connection. Each NIC (Network Interface Controller) has an individual WiFi MAC Address that we use as a network address to communicate.
1. Pick up your LG TV remote control.
2. Press the Settings button on the remote.
3. You can see certain options appearing on the left side of your LG TV.
4. Using the directional pad, scroll down and select the Network option.
5. Press the right arrow on your LG TV remote.
6. Select WiFi Connection and press the OK button on your remote.
7. Now, scroll down and select Advanced WiFi Settings.
8. In the menu, you can see your IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS Server, and MAC Address of your LG TV.
MAC Address vs. IP Address
There is a big difference between a MAC Address and an IP Address. The IP Address helps the user to identify the network connection of your device. We use the MAC Address to know the device’s physical location.
No, you can’t. MAC Address is assigned by the manufacturer of the device and it cannot be changed under any circumstances.
With the help of the MAC address, you can find the physical location of the device.
Leave a Comment