If your LG TV screen turns white for no reason, don’t worry. It is an indication that your LG TV has an unstable internet connection. This issue can also occur due to loose cabling or defective cable, wrong input, backlight issue, software glitches, etc. As the white screen is a common issue on LG TVs, you can easily fix it on your own by following the troubleshooting methods given below.
Reasons Behind White Screen on LG TV
The following factors would be responsible for the white screen or grey screen issues on LG TV.
- Improper Power Voltage
- High white balance
- Faulty cables/connected device
- Incorrect input source
- Technical bugs
- Hardware related issues
- Non-updated firmware
- Crashed apps on LG TV
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix the LG TV White Screen Issue
Try the below solutions one-by-one to fix the issue. In some cases, the white screen issue will be fixed with a few solutions.
Soft Reset LG TV
As we know most of the issues on LG TV occur because of some technical glitches. So the first thing you should rely on when you find the unexpected white screen on your Smart TV is power cycling. You can soft reset your LG TV without a remote using the below steps.
1. Remove all connected devices from your LG TV including wireless connection.
2. Turn off your TV and unplug the TV cord from the wall socket.
3. Hold down the power button on your TV panel for 5-10 seconds.
4. After 10 minutes, plug in the cable and restart your LG TV.
Adjust White Balance
Not a solid white screen but the pictures appear whitish on your LG TV? You may have adjusted the Picture Mode settings and the white balance went to a little more extent. Here is the way to change the white balance settings on your LG TV.
1. Press the Home button on the remote to go to the home screen.
2. Press the Settings button and click the All Settings option.
3. Hit the Picture tab and select the Picture Mode Settings.
4. Now, click on Advanced Controls and choose Expert Controls.
5. Tap on the White Balance and adjust it as you prefer.
Check Input Source
If you connected an external device to LG TV, it is important to change the input on LG TV to access it. In some cases, incorrect input sources on LG TV cause malfunction and end up showing a white screen or too dark screen on LG TV.
1. Launch the Home screen on your LG TV and click on the Inputs icon.
2. You will find the list of inputs you’ve connected with your LG TV.
3. Highlight the correct input source and press the OK button on the remote.
Update LG TV Firmware
Updating the firmware on LG TV is quintessential if you are facing white screen issues on your LG TV. Keeping the updated software on Smart TVs is the main key that prevents unnecessary issues caused by software bugs.
1. Connect your LG TV to WiFi and head to the Settings Menu.
2. Scroll down to All Settings and select the General tab.
3. Click on About This TV and tap the Check For Updates button.
4. If the update is available, click Yes to install the latest update on your LG TV.
Factory Reset LG TV
If you have any incorrect settings or apps crashing, you can choose to factory reset everything on your LG TV. Remember, this process will delete all customized settings and user data from your LG TV database.
1. Press the Settings button on your LG TV remote.
2. Navigate to All Settings and select the General option.
3. Hit the Reset to Initial Settings button.
If your LG TV is stuck in the white screen and settings are inaccessible, move on to the next step.
If the device is not connected properly via cable, the LG TV won’t be able to receive proper inputs. Sometimes, it will indicate the issue through the white screen. You need to check all possible errors blocking the inputs on LG TV.
- Check and clean any dirty ports on your LG TV and connected device.
- Use a different HDMI Cable if you doubt the cable might have been damaged or broken.
- Ensure that the connected device is not faulty and working as it is supposed to.
- Look over for any visible damage on your LG TV HDMI port or connect your device to a different port.
Contact LG Support
If nothing works, it is time to call LG Support. There is a possibility for hardware like capacitors, T-con boards, Backlight, or Motherboard have gotten into the issues. We suggest you avoid changing the damaged part on LG TV by yourself. Seek help from a professional or visit LG Service Center to fix the issue. Moreover, if your LG TV is under warranty you can repair or replace it at no cost.
If you want to get assisted more with the issue, you can contact the
It is because of the broken cable connection or in rare cases damaged hardware on LG TV.
Oscillating or high-voltage power on your LG TV primarily causes backlight failure.