Most users face volume not working issue on their LG TVs. Streaming the videos without audio will not provide a better streaming experience. If the audio port is not working or the volume is not loud enough on your LG TV, it is a general and common problem faced. It can probably be fixed easily by the user with some basic troubleshooting knowledge.
How to Fix Volume Not Working on LG TV
The audio port on your LG TV may not work for many reasons like software glitches, technical faults, connection with external speakers, and more. However, you can fix and resolve this problem by the methods mentioned below.
Technical Fixes for Volume Not Working on LG TV
If you have connected your LG TV with external speakers, you cannot hear the audio from the TV output. You can fix this problem by power cycling the LG TV and removing the external speaker cables from the TV.
- Connected with another speaker on low volume
- Technical glitch
As mentioned, you can fix the LG TV volume not working on remote by power cycling the LG TV and checking whether the TV is connected to any other external speakers.
1. Power Cycle Your LG Smart TV
(1) Turn off the TV and remove the power cable from the power socket.
(2) Wait for 5-10 minutes.
(3) Now, connect the power cable to the socket and turn on the switch.
(4) Power on your LG smart TV and check if LG TV no sound issue is resolved
2. Remove the External Speaker
(1) Turn off your TV and check the RCA port, HDMI port, and 3.5mm audio jack port.
(2) If the connection of the cable is not in use, remove those unwanted cables from your TV.
(3) Now, turn on your TV and play any video to check the volume of the TV.
(4) If the volume is not working on your TV, ensure to turn Off the Bluetooth and AirPlay feature on your TV.
(5) Now, the volume should be heard on your LG smart TV.
Software Fixes for Volume Not Working on LG TV
Software issues are resolvable issues, and you can fix LG TV no sound issue by updating the operating system of the TV.
- Software glitches
- Poor internet connection
- Place your mobile close to the TV while transferring the audio via AirPlay
The steps mentioned below helps fix the LG smart TV software problems that inturn is the reason for LG TV sound is not working.
1. Update the webOS on your LG Smart TV
You can update your LG TV to fix temporary bugs and glitches that occurred in the last update.
(1) Turn on your LG smart TV and connect your TV to a strong WiFi connection.
(2) Press the Settings button on your LG magic remote.
(3) Select the All Settings option from the settings menu.
(4) Click the General option from the left pane.
(5) Locate and select the option About This TV.
(6) Click the option Check for Updates on the next page.
(7) Now, your TV will scan for the update.
(8) If your TV is available for update, you will receive a popup menu regarding the update.
(9) Click Yes from the popup menu to update your LG TV.
(10) You can enable the Automatic Update by toggling the button near Allow Automatic Updates on the About This TV page.
2. How to Factory Reset LG Smart TV
Performing the factory reset on LG TV will put back the device to its original stage.
(1) Turn on your LG TV and select the Settings option.
(2) Choose All Settings and select the General option from the left pane.
(3) Scroll down to the last and select the option Reset to Initial Settings.
(4) Click OK from the Warning message.
(5) The TV will return to its original stage within a few minutes.
(6) After completing the Factory reset, set up your LG TV.
(7) Now, perform the sound test to check the volume not working problem on the LG smart TV.
3. Poor Internet Connection
The Internet is the key factor in streaming content on streaming platforms like YouTube, Netflix, etc. If you have connected your TV to an unstable internet connection, you may face buffering and no volume issues. Always connect your TV to a better and more stable WiFi connection. You can power cycle the WiFi router to speed up the internet connection.
(1) Remove the power cable of the WiFi router from the power outlet.
(2) Wait for 3-5 minutes.
(3) Now, insert the power cable into the power outlet and turn on the switch.
(4) Finally, turn On the WiFi router to fix the slow internet problem.
(5) The sound problem on your TV might have been fixed now.
4. Customize the Sound Settings on your LG Smart TV
You can customize the sound settings to fix the LG TV sound doesn’t work on LG smart TV.
(1) Turn on your LG smart TV and select the Settings option on your LG magic remote.
(2) Select the All Settings option on the next page.
(3) Choose Sound from the left panel.
- Select the Smart Sound Mode option and turn off the feature.
- Get back to the Sound page and select the option Sound Out.
- Locate and select the Optical menu
- Choose Digital Sound Out and change it to PCM
- Select LG Sound Sync and turn it on.
- Locate and select the Optical menu
- Select Dolby Atoms and turn off the feature.
(4) Now, the LG TV volume not working will be fixed automatically.
5. Contact Customer Support
If still the volume problem is not solved on your LG TV, you can contact customer support LG service from the official website. You can explain the problem to the executive to get a certified solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the sound is not working on the other apps on your LG TV, you can clear the app from the recent apps and relaunch the app to fix this problem.
Try removing the debris or dirt on the remote. If that doesn’t help you out, you shall use the LG Thinq app or the physical button to control the volume of the TV.
Leave a Comment