If you have an AirPlay 2-enabled LG Smart TV, you can control smart home devices from an Apple device using the HomeKit feature. Currently, the Apple HomeKit feature is available on LG Smart TVs running webOS 4.0 and above. Using Apple HomeKit, you can easily control the LG TV using an iPhone or iPad through the Home app or Siri.
This article explains how to set up a HomeKit on an LG Smart TV, along with its advantages and disadvantages.
- Update the LG TV to the latest version.
- Connect the LG TV to WiFi, which should be the same as your Apple device.
- Add the LG TV as an accessory to the Home app on your iPhone/iPad.
Apple AirPlay & HomeKit Compatible LG TVs
|2022||webOS 22||LG OLED – All the LG OLED Models|
LG QNED– All the QNED Models
UHD TV – UQ Series and NANO Series
|2021||webOS 6.0||LG OLED – All the LG OLED Models|
LG QNED– All the QNED Models
UHD TV – UP Series and NANO Series
|2020||webOS 5.0||LG OLED – RX, ZX, WX, GX, CX, and BX series|
LG NanoCell – Nano 99, 97, 95, 90, 85, and 80 series
UHD TV – UN85, UN73, UN71, UN70, and UN69 series
|2019||webOS 4.5||LG OLED – R9, Z9, W9, E9, C9, and B9 series|
NanoCell – SM99, SM95, SM90, SM86, and SM81 series
LG UHD TV – UM80, UM75, UM73, UM71, and UM69 series
|2018||webOS 4.0||LG OLED – B8, C8, G8, and E8 Series|
LG UHD TV – UK62 and UK7 series
How to Setup HomeKit on LG Smart TV
If the LG television is compatible with the AirPlay 2 feature, you can proceed with the following steps.
- Enable HomeKit Settings on LG TV
- Pair an iPhone with an LG TV
How to Enable HomeKit Settings on LG TV
 Turn on your LG TV and connect it to the same WiFi as your iPhone/iPad.
 Press the Home button on your remote control to go to the home screen.
 In the home menu, navigate and select the Home Dashboard option.
 Next, scroll and click AirPlay.
 Now, an AirPlay menu will display on your screen. Choose AirPlay & HomeKit Settings.
 Next, under Homekit & AirPlay Settings, click the Set Up HomeKit option available under the Homekit menu.
 Now, your TV will display a QR code on its screen to connect to Homekit accessories.
How to Pair Your iPhone to LG TV
 Once the QR code is displayed on LG TV, fetch your iPhone/iPad and open the Home app.
Tip! If you accidentally deleted the Apple Home app, you can install it again by visiting the App Store on your iPhone/iPad.
 From there, click the + icon at the top to access more options.
 Next, from the list of options, select Add Accessory.
 Now, the Home app will pop up a QR code scanner.
 Point the camera at the QR code displayed on your TV and tap Add to Home.
 Now, you’ve successfully set up HomeKit on LG TV.
Tip! If the QR code fails to scan, you can manually enter the 8-digit code displayed on your TV by selecting the I Don’t Have a Code option on your iPhone.
How to Disconnect HomeKit on LG TV
If you’re willing to unpair the HomeKit settings from your device, proceed with the following;
- On TV: After a successful connection, you can select the Disconnect TV from Home button on your TV to remove HomeKit.
- On iPhone/iPad: Once connected, navigate to the LG TV accessory on the Home app and click Remove Accessory to unpair it.
Advantages of Using HomeKit on LG TV
After completing the setup process, you can do the following on your LG smart TV with your iPhone:
- You can use LG TV Homekit commands. For instance, you can ask Siri to turn on and off the TV.
- Long press the LG TV accessory option on the Home application to access various inputs.
- You can use the Add Scene feature to customize your accessory according to your wish.
HomeKit Not Working on LG Smart TV: Fixes
Proceed with the troubleshooting technique when the HomeKit feature fails to connect.
- Unstable internet connectivity: Connect your devices to a stable WiFi network. If not, connect the LG TV to a wired internet connection with an ethernet cable.
- Outdated firmware: Ensure your LG smart TV runs on the latest webOS version.
- Temporary bugs: Restart your LG Smart TV and iPhone to fix the error.
- Corrupted cache: If your device is running out of storage, clear the cache on your LG TV to resolve the issue.
Is it Possible to Fix the No Response Issue in HomeKit?
Yes. It happens if there is an issue with the Home app or wireless internet connection. It can be fixed in the following ways.
- Update the LG TV firmware
- By using the HomeKit hub
- Use Mesh WiFi router kits
- Reset HomeKit accessory or HomeKit home
- Sign in with the same Apple ID
- Connect devices to a strong WiFi network
- Keeping the HomeKit accessory as close as possible
Using a different WiFi network is the reason why LG TV won’t connect to the HomeKit.
Yes. You can AirPlay to an LG TV by connecting the TV and Apple device to an identical WiFi network.