Is there no sound after connecting LG Soundbar to your TV? Maybe the issue is with the HDMI ARC port. It is one of the most frustrating issues faced by LG TV users. It may have occurred due to device incompatibility, defective HDMI cable, or technical issues. In some cases, HDMI may stop working on LG TV if the port has been damaged. This could be the case for why HDMI ARC exhibits no sound on LG TV. Fortunately, you can fix it by following these troubleshooting solutions.
Reasons for LG TV HDMI ARC No Sound
Below are the major reasons behind no sound on LG TV after connecting the device using the HDMI ARC port.
- Corrupted data on LG TV
- Improper cable connection on HDMI ARC port
- Damaged HDMI cable/port
- Connected device itself issue
- If Dolby Atmos is turned on
- Incorrect sound settings on LG TV
- Older LG TV software
DIY Fixes for LG TV HDMI ARC No Sound
To fix the LG TV HDMI ARC no sound issue, you have to try these workarounds.
Check the LG TV Remote
If your TV is on low volume and the LG TV remote is not working properly, You can’t access the sound settings. Ensure that your LG TV remote is functioning correctly. Sometimes the battery on your remote control may have drained. So check the remote battery and replace it if necessary.
If you can’t be able to use the remote after replacing the battery, there are chances for a damaged/broken remote. Replace the remote or use the LG ThinQ app to adjust the volume settings on LG TV.
Note: If you are using LG TV Magic remote, you have to pair LG Magic remote to control your TV.
Power Cycle LG TV
Most of the LG TV issues were rectified easily when we perform a soft reset on LG TV. It is nothing but giving some time for LG TV to cool down.
1. Disconnect all auxiliary devices and unplug the LG TV power cable.
2. Press and hold down the power button on the LG TV for 30 seconds.
3. After 15 minutes, plug in the cable and restart the LG TV.
Now connect the device to the LG TV HDMI ARC port and check whether the audio is working or not.
Turn Off Smart Sound Mode
Newer LG TV models come with a Smart Sound feature, which automatically detects the movie and show adjust the volume based on it. Sometimes, it can also be a reason why you can’t hear any sound after connecting the device to the HDMI ARC Port.
1. Launch the Home screen on your LG TV and click on the Settings icon.
2. Now go to All Settings and select the Sound tab from the menu.
3. Click on the Smart Sound Mode and turn it off.
Now, check whether you can hear sound after connecting a device HDMI ARC port of an LG TV.
Check the Connected Device
Sometimes it is the connected device that may fail to send audio input to your LG Smart TV. To verify this, connect a speaker to the LG TV. If you can hear audio, the issue is with your connected device. You have to replace or repair the device.
Change the Cable/Port
In some cases, it can be caused by loose cabling or due to a dirty port. Clean the port using a microfiber cloth and connect the cable properly. Another possible reason behind the no sound issue on LG TV is the damaged/broken cable that is connected to the LG TV’s HDMI ARC port.
Luckily, most of the time using different and quality HDMI cable fix the issue. If it is not the cable, the ARC port may have been damaged on your LG TV. In such cases changing the port is the only solution.
Enable HDMI-CEC Setting
If the HDMI-CEC setting on your LG TV is disabled, you can’t control the connected device’s sound on your LG TV. So you need to turn on it manually by using the below steps.
1. Press the Settings icon on your LG TV aiming at your TV sensor.
2. Go to All Settings and click on the General tab from the menu.
3. Go to the Simplink or HDMI-CEC and enable it.
Update LG TV Firmware
An outdated firmware on your LG TV could be the reason behind your LG TV’s no sound issue. Update LG Smart TV to the latest firmware and connect the device to the HDMI ARC port again.
1. Open the Settings on your LG TV and go to All Settings.
2. Select the Support tab and choose Software Updates.
3. After that, click on the Check For Updates button.
4. Finally, hit Download and Install to start the update process.
Factory Reset LG TV
Factory reset is the final solution to fix the LG TV HDMI ARC no sound issue. This will remove all data and revert your LG TV settings back to default. However, it is the best option to rectify the unknown error on your LG TV.
1. On the LG TV home screen, click on the Settings icon.
2. Navigate to All Settings and select the General tab.
3. Click on Reset to Initial Settings to reset your LG TV.
When none of the above fixes helps you out, then you can contact LG TV Customer Support to know about the root cause of the issue. If you have queries about hardware damage on your LG TV, get help from the LG TV Service Center professional and repair it. Remember, if your LG TV is under warranty you can repair it at no cost.
Check if there is any loose connection with your LG TV and connect it properly to resolve if LG TV has sound but no picture.
The LG TV remote won’t work after changing batteries if the hardware is faulty. Use physical buttons to adjust the volume on LG TV without a remote.