One day, my LG Smart TV repeatedly displayed error code 105 while streaming Amazon Prime on LG TV. When I looked at the Amazon Forum website, I learned that error code 105 indicates that the LG TV has a network connection issue. Sometimes, it may occur due to software glitches or technical bugs. I tried some troubleshooting measures suggested by Amazon Staff, which worked for me. So, I have prepared an article for those who need guidance in fixing error code 105.
In this article, I will teach all the possible ways to fix the error code 105 on LG Smart TV.
How to Fix the Error 105 on LG Smart TV
You can fix the error code 105 on your TV with the troubleshooting ideas mentioned below.
- Content Not Loading on the LG TV
- LG TV Malfunctions
Content Not Loading on the LG TV
If the internet speed on the LG Smart TV is slow, the streaming content may fail to load. In such cases, you won’t be able to stream videos on LG TV from the streaming platforms. To avoid such problems, try these workarounds.
- If the WiFi signals are weak
- Temporary bugs on your WiFi router
- Technical errors on the TV
- Incorrect DNS settings
Follow these steps if your LG Smart TV is not connecting to WiFi or wired internet connection.
Power Cycle the WiFi Router
By restarting the WiFi router, you can fix the temporary bugs and slow internet connection on your router.
(1) Remove the power cable of the WiFi router and TV from the power socket.
(2) Wait for 5-10 minutes.
(3) Plug in the power cable of your TV and WiFi router to the socket.
(4) Turn on the WiFi router. Hit the Power button on the LG TV to turn it on.
(5) Now, the internet connection on your TV will be fixed automatically.
If your TV has not received an internet connection, don’t worry. You can contact your ISP to rectify the internet connectivity issue.
Change the DNS on the LG Smart TV
Changing the DNS of your LG Smart TV will help to fix the internet connectivity issue on your TV. Also, it will fix the error code 105 on the LG Smart TV.
(1) Turn on your LG TV and navigate the home page.
(2) Hit the Settings icon and select All Settings option.
(3) Tap the Network option from the left and choose the WiFi option.
(4) Open the Advanced WiFi Settings option and click DNS Server Settings.
(5) Click the Edit button and disable the Set Automatically option.
(6) Now, enter the server code you will use.
(7) Hit the Connect option to connect to the server that you have chosen.
Connect LG TV to Stable WIFI
An unstable WiFi might also be the reason for error 105 on the LG smart TV. So, you should connect your LG TV to a stable WiFi network. To get a high-speed internet connection without interruptions, you can connect your LG TV to a wired internet with an ethernet cable.
Check the LAN Cable
Check whether the LAN cable is connected properly if you use a wired internet connection. In case of loose cabling, you will see an internet connectivity issue. Also, use branded LAN cables, which can last longer than non-branded cables.
Malfunction on LG TV
Malfunction is one of the common problems in all Smart TVs. It happens due to some unknown errors, and that can be fixed with troubleshooting measures.
- Outdated TV firmware
- Unstable internet connection
- Temporary bugs
- Wrong date and time on the TV
Follow these steps to fix the malfunctioning issue on the LG Smart TV.
Restart the LG Smart TV
You can restart your LG TV if it fails to receive an internet connection. By restarting the TV, you can fix the problem easily by yourself without any hassle.
(1) Fetch the remote of your LG Smart TV and turn on your TV.
(2) Hit the Power and Volume Down keys for a few seconds until you see the LG TV logo.
(3) Release the buttons once you see the LG TV logo.
(4) The TV will be turned off and automatically turn on within a few minutes.
(5) Once your TV has turned on, the internet problem on your TV will be fixed automatically.
Update LG TV Firmware
By updating LG TV firmware, you can resolve most of the issues from the TV. After updating the firmware of your TV, you can explore new things and automatically fix the bugs and glitches from the last update.
(1) Turn on your LG TV and connect it to a strong internet connection.
(2) Hit the Settings icon and select All Settings option.
(3) Click the General option from the left pane and select the About this TV option.
(4) Tap the Check for Updates option to search for the new update.
(5) Once your TV has found an update, click the Yes button to update your LG smart TV.
Factory Reset LG Smart TV
If you wish to clear the entire data, factory reset the LG TV. It will restore the TV to its initial settings and fix error code 105.
(1) Turn on your LG TV and press the Home button on your remote.
(2) Click the Settings icon and choose the All Settings option.
(3) Select the General option from the left panel and click the Reset to Initial Settings option.
(4) Tap OK from the on-screen prompts to perform the Factory Reset on your LG Smart TV.
Change the Date and Time on LG TV
Your TV may malfunction when running on an incorrect date and time. So, you must change the date and time according to your current region to fix the connectivity issues. You can’t change the date and time manually at any time.
Instead, you can use the Auto Set option to set the date and time according to your region.
(1) Power on your LG Smart TV.
(2) Click the Settings icon and select the All Settings option.
(3) Choose General from the left panel and click the Date & Time settings.
(4) Enable the Auto option to set the date and time automatically with your current region.
(5) Now, turn off and on your TV.
(6) Once you have turned on your TV, it will fix the internet connectivity issue on your TV.
Contact Customer Support
Follow the above-mentioned methods to fix the error code 105 on your LG smart TV. Still, your TV is not connecting to the internet. Contact customer support of LG TV by visiting its webpage.
If LG TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi or wired internet, inspect whether the cable is connected properly. Use a new ethernet cable if it has signs of damage.
Yes. It is possible to resolve error code 105 by connecting your LG TV to a new WiFi network.