Energy Saving Mode is used to reduce the power consumption of your LG TV. This feature is available on selected LG Smart TVs running webOS. It uses a built-in sensor to adjust the LG TV brightness based on the ambient light conditions. If you enable the power-saving mode, it will improve the working life of the LG TV. Also, you won’t get eye strain even if you watch the TV continuously for hours.
In this article, you will learn the instructions to turn on/off Power Saving Mode on an LG Smart TV.
How to Turn On Energy Saving Mode on LG Smart TV [New Models]
1. Turn on your LG TV and press the Smart or Home button on the remote.
2. Click on the Settings icon.
3. Select All Settings and choose Picture.
4. Select the Energy Saving option and choose the preferable options.
- Auto – Automatically adjusts the brightness of the TV screen.
- Off – It will disable the Energy Saving Mode.
- Minimum / Medium / Maximum – It will apply the selected preset.
- Screen Off – You will only hear audio, and the screen will be turned off. To wake the screen, press any key on the remote except Power.
5. Go back to the Picture Mode Settings and choose the Eco option. This will automatically adjust the brightness based on the room.
How to Enable Energy Saving Mode on LG TV [Old Models]
1. Click on the Settings button on your LG TV remote.
2. Select the three-dotted icon. It represents All Settings.
3. Choose Picture Settings and click on Energy Saving. For some LG TV models, you must select General → Eco Solution to get into the energy-saving settings.
4. Turn on/off the Energy Saving Mode by clicking on it.
6. If you turn it on, choose energy saving intensity between minimum, medium, and maximum.
How to Turn On Eco Mode on LG Smart TV
Some LG Smart TVs will have the Eco Mode feature. This mode helps to put your LG TV to sleep if it is inactive for a certain period.
1. Press the Home button on the LG TV remote.
2. Go to Settings and click the General option.
3. Click the Eco Mode and turn on the HDD Eco Mode option.
4. Then, click the Auto Power Off option and set a Time duration.
Once done, the LG TV will be turned off after the selected duration.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can reset the LG Smart TV to its factory settings to turn off the power-saving mode.
Yes. Using the LG ThinQ app, go to Settings → All Settings → Picture → Energy Saving → Choose Off.