Everyone will know that Smart TVs will be running in the Demo mode in the retail outlets until the TV has been sold. Rarely, you may find this setting enabled even on a new LG Smart TV. If you notice that the Demo mode isn’t disabled on your LG TV after the purchase, you can turn it off easily by visiting the Settings option.
When you switch off the Demo or Store Mode on your TV, you need to turn on Home mode, to use it normally. It is recommended to enable Store Mode to explore all the features available on the TV.
How to Turn Off Demo Mode on LG Smart TV [WebOS]
If you have a Smart TV running webOS 22 or up, you can disable the demo mode using the following steps.
1. Press the Home button on your LG TV remote.
2. Click on the Settings icon from your LG TV home screen.
3. Next, select All Settings.
4. Select General → Devices → TV Management.
5. Choose the Home/Store Mode option and click on the Home Mode option.
Note: If you have Smart TVs running webOS 6.0 and up, you can disable demo mode by going to Settings → General → TV Home/Store Mode.
How to Turn Off LG TV Demo Mode With Remote [NetCast]
1. Press the Settings or Menu button on your LG TV remote.
2. In the Settings page, click on Options and choose Mode Settings.
3. Choose Home Mode from the menu.
4. Instantly, the Demo Mode will gets turned off on your TV.
How to Turn Off Demo Mode on LG TV Without Remote
You can still disable the Demo Mode on your TV manually without a remote. This method will be useful if your LG Smart TV remote is not working.
1. Look for the Home or Menu button on the LG TV backside.
2. Press and hold any of these buttons for about 20 seconds.
3. Release the button when you can see Demo Mode: Off on the TV screen.
Alternative Way to Turn Off Demo Mode on LG TV Without Remote
If your LG TV remote stops working, you can pair the LG ThinQ app to the TV to control it. Since the LG ThinQ app works as a remote, you can go to Settings and disable the Demo Mode with ease. Other than LG ThinQ, you can use the infrared-based LG TV remote app available in the Play Store.
Is Your LG Smart TV Stuck in Store Demo Mode? Try This First
If your LG TV is stuck in Store Mode, you can reset the LG TV to fix the issue.
1. With the LG TV turned on, select Settings.
2. Navigate to select the All Settings option.
3. Select the General option.
4. You shall choose Reset to Initial Settings.
5. Hit the Confirm reset option.
Note: If you can’t reset the LG TV without a remote, you can buy a universal remote for the LG TV and use it to control the TV.
How to Disable Demo Mode on LG TV Without Factory Reset
Fortunately, you can disable the Demo Mode on your TV without navigating through factory reset settings.
1. Go to the Home screen on your LG Smart TV.
2. Press Settings and go to System Settings.
3. Choose General Set Up.
4. Click Shop Font Display Settings and turn off Demo Mode.
5. Next, disable Picture Reset Mode on your LG TV.
If your Smart TV keeps going to Demo mode, it might happen due to technical glitches. Restart your LG TV and try turning off the feature.
You shall reset the LG TV to factory settings. If it doesn’t work, you shall contact LG Customer Support to fix the issue.