Lately, users reported that LG Magic Remote is not pairing due to unknown reasons. It interrupts users from controlling the LG TV interface. The users, at times, mistake this issue for LG TV not working issue. Nonetheless, there are workarounds to solve the remote not pairing issue. With that, you shall pair the LG magic remote with an LG TV and control Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video or access the device settings without hassle.
How to Fix LG Magic Remote Not Pairing Issue
Like everyone, I personally feel it’s annoying if the remote fails to pair with the LG TV. If you have encountered the issue, you can fix it on your own with the below-mentioned solutions.
- LG Magic Remote Keeps Disconnecting
- LG Magic Remote is Not Registering
- Magic Remote Cursor Not Working
LG Magic Remote Keeps Disconnecting
Because of unknown errors, the LG Magic Remote may fail to pair. The following are the common reasons and solutions to eradicate the issue.
- Drained batteries
- Signal interference
- Errors caused in the TV
Here are some workarounds to fix if the remote keeps disconnecting by itself.
Replace the Batteries
The main reason for LG Magic Remote to stop working is the old batteries. The battery life depends on your regular usage. Sometimes, it may even drain so faster. Notably, there is a simple trick to identify the battery power.
Normally, you can see the light on the power button while pressing the remote keys. If there is no light, it indicates that the remote is running out of charge. In this case, you need to replace the old batteries with newer ones to fix the issue.
Clear the Obstructions
LG Magic Remote works with the help of infrared and Bluetooth. But due to electronic interferences, the remote may fail to transmit the signals to the TV receiver. For instance, if you have placed a soundbar infront of the LG TV sensor, it will obstruct the signal so that LG TV won’t receive a command to pair the remote.
Power Reset LG TV
Sometimes, remote pairing issues may occur due to unknown errors caused in the TV. You can power reset the TV to fix the issue. Eject the LG TV power cord from the source and leave it unplugged for 60 seconds.
Following that, pop out the batteries from the LG Magic Remote. After waiting for 60 seconds, plug the TV cord back in, and re-insert the batteries into the remote. Re-pair the LG Magic Remote and check now if it works.
LG Magic Remote is Not Registering
Suppose you have trouble while pairing the remote with your LG TV, it is for the following reasons.
- Faulty remote
- Not in a pairing range
- Unknown errors
Here’s what you should do if the LG Magic Remote is not registering.
Check for Physical Damage
If you can’t pair the remote, then it may be exposed to physical damage. The only solution is to buy a replacement remote by contacting LG support. This helps if your LG remote is within a warranty period.
Pair the Remote
After getting a replacement remote, you need to register your LG Magic Remote to start controlling your LG TV.
- Turn on your LG Smart TV and wait for 10 seconds to boot up.
- Aim the Magic Remote at the TV and press the Wheel (OK) button.
- If the remote is registered successfully, you will get a confirmation message on the screen.
- If not, switch off and on your LG TV and repeat the same steps.
Re-register the Remote
In case LG Magic Remote is not functioning after pairing, you can re-register the remote to fix the issue.
- Press the Smart Home and Back buttons on the remote and hold them for 5 seconds. This will initialize the remote for pairing.
- Point the remote at the LG TV and press the Wheel (OK) button.
- You will get a message if the Magic Remote Control is registered.
- For re-registering, press and hold the Back button for 5 seconds.
Reset LG Magic Remote
Due to unknown errors, the LG Magic Remote may stop working sometimes. To fix this, you can reset the remote.
- Press the Home and Back buttons for 5 seconds.
- Press the Exit button and keep holding it for 30 seconds.
- Keep hold of the Guide button for 30 seconds.
LG Magic Remote Cursor Not Working
In some cases, you may not see the cursor on the LG TV screen due to several reasons, even though the remote is paired.
- Electronics interference
- Internal error
These are the ways to fix if the LG Magic Remote cursor is not working.
Shake the Remote
It is important to keep your LG Magic Remote a little away from appliances like electronic stabilizers, fluorescent lamps, and microwave ovens. It can interfere with the remote’s signals, and it makes the cursor disappear sometimes. If the cursor disappears, you can shake the remote right and left to make it reappear.
Reset A/V Settings
If the volume button on LG Magic Remote is not working, it is recommended to reset the audio and video settings.
- Press the Mute button on the remote continuously 3 times.
- Click AV Reset from the list of buttons.
- You will see Resetting AV values notification on the TV screen.
Use the LG ThinQ App
If the remote is found defective, you can use a smartphone to control your LG TV. LG ThinQ App is the official remote app to control all LG Smart TVs.
- Connect your LG Smart TV to the same WIFI network as your smartphone.
- Install the LG ThinQ app on your device from the Play Store or App Store.
- Open the LG ThinQ app and choose TV from the list of products.
- Select your LG TV from the on-screen prompt. It will display a code on the TV screen.
- Enter the code on your smartphone and tap Next.
- If the connection is successful, tap Move to Home.
- Now, click on TV to get the remote control interface.
Start controlling your LG Smart TV without a remote.
Contact LG Support
If the LG Magic Remote is not working after trying all these fixes, there is still one last solution. You can directly seek help from LG Support Team. If necessary, you can click on LG Online Chat to get assistance via chat. For convenience, you can even call 850-999-4934 or 800-243-0000 between 8 AM-9 PM all day.
Leave a Comment