Kodi is a free and open-source media player that allows you to stream your favorites by installing various add-ons. LG TV is based on webOS, which is not compatible with the Kodi app. So, you cannot download the Kodi app on your LG smart TV directly. But you can cast the Kodi content from your mobile to the LG smart TV. Kodi provides a friendly user interface to stream all videos in high quality.
How to Stream Kodi on LG Smart TV
You can stream Kodi on LG smart TV in three different ways, as mentioned below.
How to AirPlay Kodi from iOS
The Kodi app is unavailable on the iOS device, so you cannot install the app officially from the App Store on your device. You need to jailbreak your iOS device to install the Kodi app on your iOS device. Upon installing Kodi on an iOS device, follow the steps mentioned below to stream Kodi on LG smart TV.
(1) Turn on your LG smart TV and enable the AirPlay feature.
(2) Connect your iOS device and LG smart TV to the same WiFi network.
(3) Launch the Kodi app on your iPhone or iPad.
(4) Select the content that you need to stream on your LG smart TV.
(5) Now, navigate to the Control Center of your device and select the Screen Mirroring option.
(6) Choose your LG TV from the available devices.
(7) Now, you can stream the Kodi app on your TV.
How to Chromecast Kodi from Android
The Kodi app is compatible with Android and Android-based devices. You can download Kodi on your Android device directly from the Google Play Store.
(1) Connect the Chromecast device to your LG TV or enable the cast option in the TV and turn on LG TV without a remote or using a remote.
(2) Ensure to connect your TV and Android device to the same WiFi network.
(3) Now, download the Kodi app from the Google Play Store on your device.
(4) Launch the Kodi app and play the content that you need to watch on your LG TV.
(5) Swipe down from the top to open the Control Panel or Quick Settings on your Android device.
(6) Hit the Cast or Screencast option.
(7) Select your TV from the available devices.
(8) Finally, start streaming Kodi content on your LG smart TVs.
How to Stream Kodi on LG TV with Streaming Devices
The streaming device is a compatible smart product that converts your normal TV into a smart TV. By connecting the streaming device to the HDMI ports on your LG smart TV, you can stream your favorites on the Kodi app. Most of the stream devices are compatible with the Kodi app. If your streaming device is not compatible with Kodi, you can mirror the content from your mobile to the TV. The popular stream device which is compatible with the Kodi app is mentioned below.
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Android TV box
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find at least 2-3 HDMI ports on LG TVs.
Leave a Comment