Kodi is an open-source software media player where you can watch your favorite media content by installing add-ons. Unfortunately, LG TV does not have an official application for Kodi in the LG Content Store.
But don’t worry, you can use alternative methods like Cast or AirPlay to stream the Kodi on your TV. Otherwise, you can use a streaming device like Firestick, Roku, etc. to watch the Kodi content on your LG Smart TV.
How to Get Kodi on LG Smart TV
You can stream Kodi on your Smart TV in three different ways, as mentioned below.
How to Chromecast Kodi from Android
The Kodi app is compatible with Android-based devices. Hence, you can directly download this app from the Google Play Store. For casting, ensure that your LG TV has Chromecast built-in support. Otherwise, plug a Chromecast into the HDMI port of the LG TV and set it up.
(1) Turn on the LG TV without a remote or using the TV remote.
(2) Connect your LG TV to WiFi which should be the same as your Android smartphone.
(3) Install the Kodi app from the Google Play Store on your Android device.
(4) Launch the Kodi app and play the content that you need to watch.
(5) Swipe down from the top to open the Control Panel or Quick Settings on your Android device.
(6) Hit the Cast or Screencast option.
(7) Select your LG Smart TV name from the available devices.
Finally, start streaming IPTV content on a big screen using Kodi add-ons.
How to AirPlay Kodi from iOS
The Kodi app is unavailable on the App Store for iOS, so you cannot install the app officially. But you can get the app by visiting the Kodi official website. Keep in mind that the app can only be installed by jailbreaking which is unsafe.
(1) Enable AirPlay on LG TV once it has been turned on.
(2) Connect your iOS device and LG Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
(3) Launch the Kodi app on your iPhone or iPad.
(4) Select the content that you need to stream on your LG Smart TV.
(5) Now, navigate to the Control Center of your device and select the Screen Mirroring option.
(6) Choose your LG TV from the available devices.
(7) Now, you can stream the Kodi app on your TV.
Note: Just like Kodi, you can screen mirror Stremio on LG webOS TV using the same steps.
How to Stream Kodi on LG TV Using Streaming Devices
The streaming device is a compatible smart product that converts your normal TV into a smart TV. By connecting the streaming device to the HDMI ports on your Smart TV, you can use the Kodi app.
Most streaming devices are compatible with the Kodi app. In case your device is incompatible with Kodi, you can mirror the content from your mobile to the TV. Here are compatible devices that you can use to stream Kodi on the TV.
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Android TV Box
Features of Kodi
- You can use Kodi to play the media from your local storage.
- You can get access to IPTV channels by installing add-ons.
- It allows you to stream media content in SD, HD, and UHD formats.
- Watch Live TV and use DVR/PVR for recording live TV content.
- Set multiple profiles on a single account to get a unique user experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Kodi is an open-source and free media player, so the LG TV doesn’t allow the installation of this app as it contains add-ons that stream copyrighted content.
Plex on LG Smart TV is the best alternative to Kodi to stream movies and series through a media server.
No. It is impossible to sideload Kodi or any 3rd party apps on LG TV.