Do you want to watch Hulu Originals, movies, and live TV channels? You should get Hulu on your LG TV. The Hulu app is compatible with LG Smart TVs (2016 and above) running webOS 3.0 and up. So, the installation is straightforward.
If you have an older LG TV model, visit the Hulu official website using a built-in web browser and stream its content. The good news for smartphone users is that the Hulu app supports Chromecast and AirPlay.
You can cast Hulu on an LG TV if you have an Android device. Those with an iPhone or iPad can AirPlay Hulu to watch the content on the Smart TV. To do this, connect the LG TV to WiFi, which should be the same as your smartphone.
This guide will teach you how to install and stream Hulu on an LG Smart TV.
How to Download Hulu on LG Smart TV from LG Content Store
Basically, the Hulu app comes pre-installed on LG TVs running webOS 3.5 or higher. If unavailable, you can install Hulu easily using these steps.
(1) Turn on the LG Smart TV and connect it to an internet connection.
(2) Navigate to the home screen by pressing the home button on your LG TV remote.
(3) Hower the cursor towards the LG Content Store and launch the application.
(4) Click the Search icon at the top right corner of the app.
(5) Type Hulu using the on-screen keyboard.
(6) Select the Hulu app from the list of apps.
(7) Click the Install button to install the app on your TV.
(8) Once you have installed the app, click the Launch button to open the Hulu app on your LG Smart TV.
How to Get Hulu on LG TV from Roku Channel Store
Some LG TVs, like the LF5700 series, run with Roku OS. In those LG TVs, you can download the Hulu app from the Roku Channel Store.
(1) Connect your LG Roku TV to WiFi once you turn it on.
(2) On your home screen, click the Streaming Channels option.
(3) Scroll down and select the Search Channels option.
(4) Enter Hulu using the virtual keyboard.
(5) Select the Hulu app from the list of apps displayed.
(6) Click the +Add Channel option to install the Hulu app.
(7) After installation, click Go to Channel to launch Hulu on the Roku TV.
How to Install Hulu on LG Roku TV Using Roku Website
The advantage of Roku-powered TVs is that you can install apps on Roku TV without turning on the device. Follow these steps to do so.
(1) Launch a browser on your PC or smartphone.
(2) Visit the official website of Roku.
(3) Click the Sign in button and enter your account credentials.
(4) Tap the Search Channels option and search the Hulu app.
(5) Select the Hulu app from the suggestion and click the Details button below the app.
(6) Click the +Add Channel option to download the Hulu app.
(7) The Hulu app will be added to your Roku within 24 hours. You can also update your Roku TV to get the channel immediately.
How to Activate Hulu on LG Smart TV
(1) Open the Hulu app on your Smart TV.
(2) Click Log In and select Activate on a computer.
(3) Take note of the activation code that appears on the TV screen.
Note: If prompted, log in with your Hulu account to proceed.
(4) Visit (hulu.com/activate) from a PC or mobile browser.
(5) Enter the code and you will be logged in to your account.
The Hulu app on your TV will refresh. Start watching your favorites.
How to Watch on LG Smart TV Using Web Browser
(1) Open a web browser on your LG TV.
(2) Visit the Hulu official website on a web browser.
(3) Click LOG IN at the top right corner of the screen.
(4) Log in with your Hulu account to continue.
(5) Then click on a TV show or movie to play on your LG TV.
How to Cast Hulu to LG TV from Android
If your LG TV has Chromecast built-in, you can directly cast your Android screen to an LG TV. Otherwise, you can follow these steps.
(1) Connect a Chromecast to the HDMI port of your LG TV.
(2) Connect your mobile and TV to the same WiFi network.
(3) Download the Hulu app on your Android from the Google Play Store.
(4) Now, launch the Hulu app on your device.
(5) Click the Login button and log in with your account credentials.
(6) Select the video you want to cast on your LG Smart TV.
(7) Click the Cast icon that appears at the top.
(8) Select your LG Smart TV name from the available devices.
That’s it. The selected video will start to play on your LG TV.
How to AirPlay Hulu to LG TV from iPhone
Before entering the steps, you must enable AirPlay on the LG TV. Press the Home button >> Home Dashboard >> AirPlay >> Turn ON.
(1) Connect your iPhone/iPad and LG Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
(2) Download the Hulu app from the App Store on your iPhone.
(3) Launch the Hulu app and sign in to your account.
(4) Select the content you need to view on your LG TV.
(5) Click the AirPlay icon at the top right corner.
(6) Select your LG Smart TV from the popup menu.
Now, you can access the Hulu app on your LG Smart TV wirelessly.
How to Download Hulu Outside the US
Since Hulu is a Geo-restricted streaming service, it cannot be viewed outside the US. If you are willing to access Hulu from outside the US, you can use any VPN to bypass the restrictions.
- IPVanish VPN
Fixes for Hulu Not Working on LG Smart TV
If Hulu is not working on LG TV, follow these fixes below to fix it instantly.
- Check the internet connection: The internet connection plays a vital role in every streaming service application. If the network goes down, Hulu buffers or freezes. Restart your WiFi router to fix the problem.
- Check the Hulu server: Visit the Downdetector website to check if there is an outage in the Hulu server. If so, wait until it gets resolved.
- Update the Hulu app: Updating the app is the best way to fix the bugs from the last update. It is essential to update the app on LG TV to get the latest features on time.
- Update the firmware: Sometimes, the application may not work if your TV runs on an old version. To get all the latest features, you must update the LG TV firmware.
- Clear the Hulu cache: The Hulu app may be unresponsive due to a corrupted cache. You can clear the Hulu cache on LG TV to fix the issue.
- Reset LG TV: Resetting is the best way to eliminate all temporary bugs from your TV. If you reset the LG TV, it will bring it back to a default state.
Hulu Subscription Plans
You need to subscribe to Hulu to any of the plans to gain access to the content.
|Hulu (With Ads)||$7.99/mo|
|Hulu (No Ads)||$14.99/mo|
|Disney+ (No Ads), ESPN+ (With Ads)|
Hulu (With Ads) + Live TV
|Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV,|
Disney+ (No Ads), ESPN+ (With Ads)
|Hulu (With Ads) + Live TV,|
Disney+ (No Ads), ESPN+ (With Ads)
Frequently Asked Questions
Open Hulu on LG TV → Go to Settings → Click Log out → Select Log out of Hulu.
Clear the Hulu app cache on the LG TV, which will release some storage space. Still, have issues? Uninstall and reinstall Hulu on LG TV.