Many users reported problems while using Hulu on an LG Smart TV. The frequent issues are Hulu keeps freezing, logging out, blurry content, and no sound. Do you want to know why the Hulu app is not working on an LG Smart TV? We got you covered. In this article, I have compiled the DIY fixes to solve the Hulu app issues.
How to Fix Hulu Not Working on LG TV
We have listed troubleshooting methods based on different scenarios. Try these techniques to make the Hulu app run properly on your LG Smart TV.
Hulu Content Buffering on LG TV
The video may buffer on Hulu due to numerous factors. Here are the most common reasons that cause Hulu to buffer on your LG TV.
- Issues with the router
- Low bandwidth
- Hulu server busy
- Router/WIFI issue
If you are paying for the internet service regularly, then internet issues can be fixed by troubleshooting.
Check the Bandwidth
The internet speed is a key factor for uninterrupted streaming. The higher the streaming resolution, the faster the internet connection should be. Test the internet speed on LG TV to know whether it matches the minimum bandwidth requirements.
|Video Quality||Required Internet Speed|
|Standard Definition||1.5 Mbps|
|720p HD||3 Mbps|
|1080p HD||6 Mbps|
|4K Ultra HD||13 Mbps|
Power Cycle the WiFi Router
Restarting the router is the ideal solution if you receive weaker WiFi signals.
(1) Unplug the WIFI router power cable from the socket and wait a few minutes.
(2) Replug it again and connect it to the LG Smart TV.
(3) Check the internet speed with any speed test app on your LG Smart TV.
(4) If the speed exceeds 5 Mbps, launch Hulu and stream the content.
Restart the LG Smart TV
(1) Close all the apps and turn off the LG Smart TV using the magic remote.
(2) Then, remove the power cable of the TV from the power socket.
(3) Wait for 5 seconds and plug it back in to restart the LG TV.
(4) If WiFi has issues, connect your LG Smart TV to the wired internet using an ethernet cable and start playing the Hulu content.
Check if Hulu Server is Down
This is one of the issues that happen occasionally and prevents you from streaming content on Hulu. While the user cannot completely solve it, some actions can be taken by raising the issue with Hulu customer service. You can let them know by commenting on the Hulu official community page.
Modify the DNS on LG TV
Modifying the DNS is another possible way to increase the speed of the internet and also provides additional security while streaming content on LG TV. Here is how you can modify the Domain Name System on your LG TV.
(1) Press the Settings key on the LG TV remote.
(2) Go down the list until you get to Network.
(3) To change the DNS settings, click WiFi connection.
(4) Click the Other Network option from the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
(5) Navigate to Advanced WiFi Settings to find your IP Address and DNS.
(6) Scroll down to the bottom, click Edit, and untick the Set Automatically option
(7) Now, change the DNS SERVER to 220.127.116.11.
Hulu Keep Crashing While Streaming
When launching the Hulu App on your LG smart TV, you might have gone through the force-stop issue or app crash issue. We have listed some reasons for this problem below.
- Outdated App
- Outdated Hardware
- Cache and data overload
- Other App conflicts
Here is the list of possible solutions for the force-stop issue of the Hulu App on the LG Smart TV.
Update the Hulu App
Updating the Hulu app to its newer version is essential. Some minor updates will not affect much, but missing major updates may lead to a lack of new features, which can cause force-stop issues on your LG TV. So, it is always recommended to enable the automatic update. If you do not want the auto-update option, follow the steps below to update the LG TV app manually.
(1) Press the Home button and click the Apps tile.
(2) Tap the Search icon and find the Hulu app.
(3) Open the Hulu app description page and click the Update button.
(4) After a few minutes, the Hulu app will be updated.
(5) Select Open to run the app and check whether the app works.
Clear the App Cache
Clearing the cache date of any application is important to get a smooth experience, especially when using low-RAM Smart TVs. Follow the steps below to clear the app cache on LG TV.
(1) Press the Settings button and navigate to the Application Manager option.
(2) You can see the list of installed or preloaded apps on your LG TV.
(3) Select the Hulu app from the list and hit Clear Cache.
(4) Now, launch the Hulu app and start streaming your favorite content.
Uninstall 3rd Party Apps
If you install 3rd party apps on your LG TV, that may cause conflict with the Hulu app or interfere with the functionality. So, uninstall the 3rd party app and then launch the Hulu app to check whether it works.
Hulu Not Opening on LG TV
Let’s say you have updated your Hulu app to the latest version by following the previous method, and the app is not even opening. If this is your scenario, you must update your LG TV firmware to the latest. Also, check out the list below for more Hulu apps not opening issues.
- Outdated TV firmware
- Geo- Restriction issue
- Subscription-based issue
We have listed all the possible solutions for the Hulu app not responding or opening on the LG Smart TV.
Update the LG TV Firmware
Sometimes, the outdated LG TV might prevent Hulu from working without any issues. This is because the latest version of Hulu does not support the older version of LG TV Firmware. Follow the steps below to update the LG TV firmware to its latest version.
Update LG TV [5.0, 6.0, 22, and newer versions]
(1) Press the Settings key on an LG TV remote.
(2) Choose All Settings and hit on Support.
(3) Click Software Update and select Check for Updates.
(4) Now, download and Install the available update on your LG TV.
(5) After installing the update, your LG TV will automatically reboot.
Update LG TV [WebOS 4.0, 4.5, 3.5, and older versions]
(1) Hit the Settings icon on your LG TV magic remote
(2) Click on All Settings and navigate to General.
(3) Select About this TV and select Check for Updates.
(4) Download and install the update on your LG TV.
Hulu is available only inside the United States region. If you have tried to access the Hulu application outside the service zone, you will be restricted from accessing the content. So, you must connect it to the US server via VPN. After enabling a VPN, check if the Hulu app is working or not on your LG Smart TV.
Rectify Hulu Error Codes
If you get error codes while using the Hulu app, follow these workarounds to rectify it.
|Error 5003||Change the date and time on your LG TV and set to Auto|
|Error 320||Restart the router and ensure the internet is stable|
|Error 16||Use a premium VPN service instead of a free one|
|Error Runuk13||Clear the Hulu app cache on LG TV|
|Error 0328||Log out of your Hulu account and log in again|
|Error 5005||Restart the LG Smart TV to fix technical errors|
If you are still having issues with the latest version of the Hulu app on your updated LG TV, uninstall the app on LG TV and reinstall it again. Once over, run the Hulu app and log in to your account to stream the Hulu content.
(1) Press the Home key on an LG TV remote.
(2) Scroll right on the Apps section until you reach the Edit App list.
(3) Press the OK button and go to Edit Mode.
(4) Choose the Hulu app and click the Delete icon at the top.
(1) Click the Home key and select the LG Content Store app icon.
(2) Select the Search icon and type Hulu using the on-screen keyboard.
(3) Go to the app description and click the Install button.
The Hulu app will be installed on your webOS TV.
Update Time & Region Settings
Sometimes, the wrong time, date, and location settings on your LG TV may cause issues while running the Hulu application. However, you can fix this with a few simple steps.
(1) Press the Home button and click the Settings icon.
(2) Select All Settings and choose the GENERAL option.
(3) Select the Location option under GENERAL and enter your zip code.
(4) Then, change the Time & Date to Auto.
That’s it. Now, launch the Hulu app and check whether it is working.
Black Screen Issue on Hulu
The black Screen issue is one of the most common issues on Hulu. When you get a Black screen issue while watching content on Hulu, you will be shown the error message “Sorry, the video player failed to load. (Error Code: 101102) on your LG TV screen.
- Subscription invalid while streaming
- Simultaneous Streaming
- Internet interruption
If you are experiencing a Black screen error on your LG TV while streaming Hulu, check out the solutions below.
Log Out of Hulu and Log In
If you are getting a black screen issue while streaming Hulu content, check whether your ongoing subscription is still valid and if you have received any Emails or messages from Hulu customer service. If nothing goes your way, then log out and log in to the Hulu account. Check whether the Hulu app is working or not on your LG Smart TV.
Check for Subscription Related Issue
If there is any issue with your Hulu account, such as a subscription problem or account problem, that also prevents you from accessing the Hulu content. Encounter the steps below to solve those issues
- Verify your Hulu Subscription and billing information
- Reset your Password
- Contact Hulu customer support to resolve any account-related issues
Factory Reset the LG TV
If none of the above fixes help solve the black screen issue, you can reset the LG TV. Remember, a factory reset leads to losing all the data and installed applications on your LG Smart TV. You cannot undo this process.
(1) Press the Settings icon on your LG Smart TV remote.
(2) Select the All Settings menu and choose the General option.
(3) Select the Reset to Initial Settings option and click OK.
(4) Click OK again to confirm the factory reset.
Contact LG Support
For further assistance, you can visit the LG Support website. Alternatively, you can also contact 1800 315 9999 to raise a request. If you think the issue is within the Hulu app, contact Hulu Customer Support for further guidance.
That’s how you can identify and resolve the Hulu not working on LG Smart TV issue. With this, you can effortlessly watch your favorite live TV and on-demand titles.