Do you want to receive notifications related to sporting events? You can use the built-in Sports Alert app on your LG Smart TV. So, you will never miss the live action of the NHL, NBA, PGA Tour, and NFL on LG Smart TV. You can even set an Alarm to get alerts for game start/result and to know real-time scores.
This article explains how to turn on and use Sports Alert on an LG Smart TV.
Is Sports Alert Compatible with all LG TV Models
No. Sports Alert is supported on selective LG Smart TVs. It comes pre-installed on LG TV models like OLED, QNED Mini LED, UHD 4K Smart TV, and NanoCell TVs. So, you can’t uninstall or install the app on an LG TV.
How to Enable Sports Alert on LG Smart TV
(1) Turn on your LG TV using the LG Magic Remote.
(2) Connect the LG TV to WiFi or wired internet connection.
(3) Press the Home button on the LG Magic Remote.
(4) Select and launch the Sports Alert app on your LG Smart TV.
(5) Click the Add My Team + button on the home page of the Sports Alert app.
(6) Choose your favorite game from the left pane (i.e., Football, Basketball, Cricket, and more).
(7) Now, select your favorite team on the next page using the navigation keys and click the OK button to select the team.
That’s it. You have successfully enabled Sports Alert on your LG Smart TV.
How to Use the Sports Alert App on LG TV
You can use the Sports Alert app on your LG TV in two different ways, such as
- Set an Alarm
- View Upcoming Matches and Highlights
How to Set Alarm on Sports Alert App
(1) Go to the home page of the Sports Alert app and click the name or icon of the team you have added.
(2) Tap the option Set Alarms and wait for the popup menu to appear at the top right.
(3) On the Set Alarm menu, you will receive three options mentioned below.
- Game Start Alarm
- Real-time Score Alarm
- Game Result Alarm
Game Start Alarm
By enabling the Game Start Alarm on your LG TV, you will not miss any of the matches of your favorite team. However, there may be times you might have forgotten the match day while streaming the other content on the TV. In such situations, you will receive a popup message regarding the match with the Watch and No Alarm options.
- By clicking the Watch option, you will be directed to the match.
- Select the No Alarm option to clear the popup message.
Real-Time Score Alarm
By enabling the Real-time Score Alarm option on your LG TV, you can get live score updates of your favorite matches. So, you will never miss the match update at any cause.
Game Result Alarm
Generally, the Game Result Alarm will pop up at the end of the match. It will let you know the match results in detail. The Game Result Alarm opens with two options: Watch and No Alarm. By clicking any of the options, you can view the match result or clear the notification.
How to View Upcoming Matches and Stream Highlights
(1) Navigate to the home page of the Sports Alert app and click the name or logo of the team.
(2) Click the Search Web option on the next page.
(3) Now, you will receive a popup message to get updates about the upcoming matches of your favorite team.
(4) Under the Game Schedule option, you can see the video clips of the matches from the desired team that you have selected.
(5) Here, you can see the complete details. Click on the video clip to view the highlights of the match.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can install Paramount Plus on LG Smart TV to watch the live sporting events of the UEFA Champions League.
Yes. You can watch FOX Sports and fubo Sports Network for free using LG Channels.