LG TV is one of the world’s best and most popular smart TV brands. If you are a dedicated sports lover and don’t want to miss your favorite team’s games, you can enable the sports alert message on your LG smart TV. To take advantage of this feature, you should rely on the Sports Alert app on your LG TV. It is a pre-installed app on the LG smart TV that will remind you of the game, live score updates, and the result of the game.
Is Sports Alert Compatible with all LG TV Models
No, the Sports Alert option is incompatible with all LG smart TVs. It comes pre-installed only with the LG TV models like OLED, QNED Mini LED TVs, UHD 4K Smart TVs, and NanoCell TVs.
How to Enable Sports Alert on LG Smart TV
(1) Start by connecting LG TV to WIFI after turning it on.
(2) Press the home button on your LG smart TV to navigate to the home page of the TV.
(3) Select and launch the Sports Alert app on your LG smart TV.
(4) Click the Add My Team + button on the home page of the Sports Alert app.
(5) Choose your favorite game from the left pane (i.e., Football, Basketball, Cricket, and more.
(6) Now, select your favorite team on the next page using the navigation keys and click the OK button to select the team.
That’s it. You have successfully enabled the Sports Alert option on your LG smart TV.
How to Use the Sports Alert App on LG TV
You can use the Sports Alert app on your LG TV in two different ways, such as
How to Set Alarm on Sports Alert App
(1) Go to the home page of the Sports Alert app and click the name or icon of the team you have added.
(2) Tap the option Set Alarms and wait for the popup menu to appear at the top right.
(3) On the Set Alarm menu, you will receive three options mentioned below.
- Game Start Alarm
- Real-time Score Alarm
- Game Result Alarm
Game Start Alarm:
By enabling the Game Start Alarm on your LG TV, you will not miss any of the matches of your favorite team. However, there may be times you might have forgotten the match day while streaming the other content on the TV. In such situations, you will receive a popup message regarding the match with Watch and No Alarm options.
- By clicking the Watch option, you will be directed to the match.
- Select the No Alarm option to clear the popup message.
Real-Time Score Alarm
By enabling the Real-time Score Alarm option on your LG TV, you can get live score updates of the matches from your favorite teams. By utilizing this option, you never miss the match update at any cause.
Game Result Alarm
Generally, the Game Result Alarm will pop up at the end of the match. It offers you the message of the match results in detail. The Game Result Alarm also pops up with two options such as Watch and No Alarm. By clicking any of the options, you can stream the match or clear the notification.
How to View Upcoming Matches and Stream Highlights
(1) Navigate to the home page of the Sports Alert app and click the name or logo of the team.
(2) Click the Search Web option on the next page.
(3) Now, you will receive a popup message to get updates about the upcoming matches of your favorite team.
(3) Under the Game Schedule option, you can see the video clips of the matches from the desired team that you have selected.
(4) Here, you can see the Highlights option. Click on the Highlights option to view the highlights matches.
Frequently Asked Question
You stream sports on LG TV by downloading the desired sports app, like ESPN Plus. You can also download streaming services apps to stream sports on LG TV.
Leave a Comment