If a key lock function is turned on, you can’t access LG TV settings, change channels, or adjust the volume using TV buttons. So, you don’t need to worry even if kids unknowingly press the TV buttons. But if the LG TV remote is not working, this feature must be turned off to use physical buttons. Want to learn how to unlock the key lock on an LG TV? Go through the below instructions.
How to Unlock LG TV Key Lock With Remote
1. Tap the Menu button on the LG TV remote.
2. Navigate to Settings from the TV home screen.
3. Select Lock in the options shown.
4. Click Key Lock and turn it OFF.
How to Unlock LG TV Key Lock Without Remote
You can try soft resetting LG TV as the Power button on the panel alone works when firmware is key locked.
1. Turn OFF the LG TV and unplug its cable from the power socket.
2. Press and hold the Power button on the LG TV for 15 seconds.
3. Next, plug the cable into the power source and turn on your LG TV.
How to Unlock LG TV Key Lock With LG ThinQ App
LG ThinQ app is an alternative way to control and reset your TV when you cannot access it via remote or physical buttons. Priorly, connect your LG TV to the same WiFi network as your smartphone.
1. Install the LG ThinQ app from the relevant app store on your smartphone.
2. Launch the app and sign in with the LG account details.
3. Select the +tile option.
3. Click TV and the device connected to the same WiFi will shown.
4. Select your LG Smart TV name and a passcode will appear on your TV screen.
5. Enter the code on the and hit OK to complete pairing.
6. Tap the Home button on the app to view the TV home screen.
7. Now, navigate to Settings > click Lock.
8. Choose the Key Lock to turn it OFF virtually.
You can also connect a universal remote to your LG TV, and follow the same steps to unlock the key lock.
Frequently Asked Questions
You cannot use the buttons present on the TV panel to control your LG TV.
Yes. You can use the power button to turn on/off the TV even though the key lock is enabled.