The on-screen display (OSD) is a pop-up that appears as a response to LG TV remote commands. For example, if you press the volume up/down button, a level bar will appear indicating the volume level. This type of animation is called OSD.
Usually, OSD is always turned on on every LG TV as a default setting. It will help users in many situations while adjusting the brightness, modifying the contrast, changing the aspect ratio, etc. You can even turn off OSD on your TV if necessary.
How to Enable/Disable OSD on LG TV
As OSD is within the LG TV Hotel Mode, you should unlock it first to enable or disable the OSD feature on the TV.
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV with a remote.
2. Press and hold the Settings or Menu button on your remote for 5 to 10 seconds until you see some changes on your TV screen.
3. Now, quickly press 1105 on your remote and press OK/ENTER. If prompted, enter the passcode of your LG TV.
Tip: You can also try any one of these codes: 0413, 8878, 8741, 0000, 7777.
4. Once you enter the passcode, the LG Hotel Mode menu will appear.
5. Toggle on the Hotel mode at the top right to turn it on.
6. Scroll down and click on Limited mode where you can find the OSD option.
7. If it is disabled, enable it to unlock the OSD settings.
8. There you can turn ON or OFF the OSD settings.
How to Turn On OSD on Older LG TV
If you have an older LG TV model, you should try these steps to unlock the Hotel Mode and then you can turn on/off OSD.
1. Press the Menu button on the remote and the TV alternatively for about 7 seconds.
2. From the installation menu, select the LG Hotel Mode setup and turn it on.
3. Now, you can turn on or off the On Screen Display option using the slider.
How to Unlock LG Hotel Mode Without a Remote
If the LG TV remote is not working or it is lost, you can use a universal remote to turn on OSD in Hotel mode. Alternatively, you can install the LG ThinQ app and use it as a remote control to enable or disable OSD mode.
Keep in mind, if you change any TV setting wrong, it is impossible to retrieve it easily. In such cases, you have to seek assistance from LG Support.
OSD enables you to select viewing options and adjust the display settings such as brightness, color contrast, resolution, and input & outputs.
Using the LG Magic Remote, go to Settings > General > Turn on/off the Screen saver on LG TV.