|Things discussed||Audio Guidance or Audio Description|
|What is it for||To give audio feedback to visually challenged users|
|How to turn it off||Via the Accessibility Settings|
|Alternative method||Via MIC button|
The Voice Guide feature provides users with visual disabilities to speak out about what is on the screen. Voice Guide is a built-in navigation system on LG TV that describes what is happening on the TV screen. Despite the advantage of this feature, like surfing the channels and shifting between menus, it can be a little bit annoying to receive feedback all the time from your TV. If you are annoyed with the Voice Guide, you can disable it from the Accessibility Settings.
Steps to Turn off Voice Guide on LG TV
In the LG Smart TV, the Voice Guide feature is named Audio Description or Audio Guidance. When you turn off the Audio Guidance on your LG Smart TV, the cursor will appear on your TV.
1. Press the Settings button on your LG TV remote.
2. You can see some options appearing on the side of the screen.
3. From the options, click on All Settings. If you use the LG TV with webOS 6 and above, click on General and choose All Settings.
4. Select Accessibility from the menu and press the OK button on your LG TV remote.
5. Click on Audio Guidance and turn off the feature. In some models of LG Smart TV, you need to turn off the Audio Description toggle.
6. Now, you won’t get any voiceover on your LG Smart TV.
How to Turn off Voiceover on LG Smart TV Using Mic Button
By using the voice commands, you can turn off the Voice Guide feature. The voice commands are available only on the new models of LG Smart TVs.
1. Grab your LG TV remote.
2. Press the Mic button and say the command TURN OFF AUDIO GUIDANCE.
3. Release the Mic button. Now, the feature will be disabled.
Voice Guide vs. Voice Assistant
First things first, Voice Guide and Voice Assistant are not the same. Voice Guide is a feature for visually challenged people. Voice Assistant is a personal assistant feature to do certain tasks using voice commands. You can interact with Voice Assistant using voice commands. In Voice Guide, you will get only the feedback based on which you can navigate on the TV screen.
These are the two different ways to disable the Audio Guidance feature on your LG Smart TV. If you have any doubts or issues with the Voice Guide feature, let us know in the comments.
Leave a Comment