Standby mode is a wonderful feature on LG TV that helps to reduce power consumption without turning off the TV. Sadly, it has some drawbacks too. Many users have reported that LG TV is stuck in standby mode. In such cases, the best solution is to turn off the Standby mode on LG TV.
In this guide, you will learn to turn off the Standby mode on an LG TV with or without a remote.
How to Turn Off Standby Mode on LG TV
Here are the possible ways to turn off standby mode on your Smart TV.
- From LG TV Settings
- Using Physical buttons
- Using the LG ThinQ App
- Power Reset LG TV
- Hard Reset LG TV
How to Turn Off Standby Mode on LG TV from Settings
This is the traditional way to turn off the Standby Mode on your LG Smart TV.
1. Press the Settings icon on your LG Magic Remote.
2. Select the All Settings option and navigate to the General menu.
3. Click Additional Settings and choose the Eco Mode.
4. Then, tap the Auto Power Off option.
5. Further, click the Off option to turn off the Standby mode.
How to Turn Off Standby Mode using the Physical Button
In case your LG TV remote is not working, you can use the physical key present in the TV to switch off the Standby mode.
1. Press the Power button on the LG TV once. A list of menu will appear on the TV screen.
2. Now, press the same button again to switch between the options.
3. Select the Settings option, then press and hold the same button again to go into the settings.
4. Now, go to All Settings → General.
5. Finally, deactivate the Standby Mode.
How to Turn Off Standby Mode Using LG ThinQ App
The LG ThinQ app is an official remote controller application developed by LG. It is available on both Android and iOS devices. You can turn off the Standby Mode by using this remote app.
1. Download and install the LG ThinQ app from the App Store or Play Store.
2. Connect your LG Smart TV to the same WiFi network as your smartphone.
3. Open the LG ThinQ app and Sign in to your LG account.
4. Now, tap on the +Add Device button and choose the Select Device option.
5. Select your LG Smart TV Name from the list of devices.
6. Enter the PIN Code on your smartphone and click Next.
7. You can find the remote Interface on your Smartphone.
8. Now, tap on the Home icon and navigate to Settings.
9. Then go to General → Timer → Deactivate the Standby Mode.
How to Turn Off Standby Mode by Power Resetting your LG TV
Imagine the worst-case scenario in which your TV physical button and remote controller failed to respond when you got stuck in Standby Mode. In that case, power resetting is the best solution.
1. Go nearer to the power socket of your LG TV and turn off the switch.
2. Wait for 2 to 3 minutes and power on the switch again.
3. Now, your LG TV should start normally.
How to Turn Off Standby Mode by Factory Resetting LG TV
If none of the above methods helped to turn off the standby mode, the last method is factory resetting. Follow the steps below to factory reset your LG TV.
1. Locate the hidden Factory reset button on your LG TV.
2. Once you find it, hold it for about 10 to 20 seconds.
3. After a few seconds, your LG TV will reboot.
Once it restarts, it will automatically disable the standby mode.
It may occur when the sleep timer on the LG TV is turned on. Make sure to turn off sleep mode to resolve the issue.
You can check our guide on the Energy saving mode on LG TV to enable or disable the power saving feature.