The screenshot is an amazing feature on LG TV that lets you capture what you see on the TV screen. You can take a screenshot on an LG Smart TV with the help of an LG Magic Remote. It helps when you want to capture your favorite scenes and share them with your friends. Other than that, you may need a screenshot to take note of the MAC address on the LG TV.
If the LG TV remote is not working, you can use the LG ThinQ app as a virtual remote to take a snap of the screen.
This article will teach you how to screenshot the LG Smart TV in easy steps.
How to Take a Screenshot on LG Smart TV
As discussed earlier, you can use your LG TV remote to take screenshots.
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV and pair your LG Magic Remote with your TV.
2. Open any streaming app or go to the page where you want to take a screenshot.
3. Press the 3-dots button on the LG Magic remote. It is located just below the number pad.
4. It will display a set of options on the TV screen. Highlight the Capture option using an Air Mouse and press the middle button of the scrolling wheel.
5. You will see a notification message, “Captured image is added to Photo & Video app,” at the top right corner.
The captured image will be saved on your TV’s internal storage.
How to View Screenshots on LG Smart TV
1. Press the Home button on the LG Magic remote.
2. Scroll along the list of apps and click on Photo & Video to open the app.
3. Click on the Captured Image folder to view the images you captured on TV.
However, apps like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video do not allow users to take screenshots due to Digital Rights Management. It restricts users from sharing copyrighted content with anyone.
Can You Capture LG TV Screen Without a Remote
Yes, you can use the LG ThinQ app as a remote controller to capture the screen. It is helpful when the LG TV remote is not responding to the commands. The LG ThinQ app is compatible with Android and iPhone.
Visit the Play Store or App Store to install the LG ThinQ app on your device. In addition, connect your LG Smart TV to WiFi, which should be the same as your smartphone. Now, follow the above procedure to screenshot your LG TV.
That’s how easy and simple it is to capture the LG TV screen for any reference.
Go to Settings on your Windows PC, select System → Display Multiple Displays → Connect to a Wireless Display → Select LG TV → Click Accept on the LG TV.
It happens due to technical bugs. Restart your LG Smart TV to fix the issue.