Due to inappropriate settings, LG TV apps may not be working at some point. If there is a minor issue, it can be fixed by basic troubleshooting methods. Else, you need to reset your LG Smart TV which will bring it back to its factory defaults. As LG Smart TVs come with webOS and NetCast operating systems, the resetting procedure will vary. Keep in mind, a factory reset will clear the entire data and also delete the apps on LG TV.
Reasons to Reset LG TV
We have handpicked some important reasons that actually require a reset.
- When you are going to sell your LG TV.
- When the applications on your LG are not working properly.
- If your LG TV is not responding to the remote commands.
- When LG TV is not connecting or keeps searching for WiFi.
- If you want to reset all the customized settings.
- When LG TV keeps disconnecting or restarting.
- If your LG TV keeps turning on and off by itself.
- If the LG TV has a picture but no sound.
How to Reset LG Smart TV
There are various methods to reset your LG Smart TV based on the OS versions which include
How to Reset LG TV with webOS
1. Press the Home button on your LG TV remote.
2. You will get the LG Smart TV’s home screen.
3. Click on the Settings icon that is available in the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Now, select All Settings from the options that arise on the screen.
5. From the All Settings page, click on General and tap on the System option.
6. After that, choose Reset to Initial Settings.
7. Enter the password and hit OK.
8. On the confirmation screen, tap the Confirm button.
9. Within a few seconds, it will restart your LG Smart TV. After that, you need to set up the LG TV and start using it.
How to Reset LG TV with NetCast
1. Press the Home or Start button on your LG TV remote.
2. Click on the Settings icon that is available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
3. From the Settings page, choose Option.
4. After that, choose the Factory reset option.
5. Enter the four-digit password that you have set for your TV.
6. To confirm the process, click on Yes.
7. Your LG TV will be reset.
Note: Factory resetting is also the best troubleshooting method to unlock LG TV hotel settings.
How to Reset LG TV with Roku OS
A few years before, LG Smart TVs were equipped with Roku OS. If you have any of those models, here’s how to reset it.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
2. Now, click on the Settings icon.
3. From the settings page, select System.
4. Click on Advanced System Settings.
5. Select Factory Reset.
6. After that, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the process.
How to Soft Reset LG TV Without Remote
A soft reset is a low-level reset option available on the LG TV. In the soft reset, you won’t lose any data stored on your TV.
1. Initially, disconnect all the cables connected to your LG Smart TV.
2. After disconnecting, wait for a minute or two.
3 Then, connect the TV cord to the power source and switch on the TV.
4. Hopefully, the issues that you were experiencing earlier will be resolved.
How to Power Reset LG TV Without Remote
In all LG TV models, there is a dedicated physical Power button. Using the Power button, you can power reset the LG TV without a remote.
1. Press the Power button on your LG Smart TV for at least 5 to 10 seconds.
2. The TV screen will go darker & the LG TV logo will appear.
3. After a few seconds, your LG TV will restart.
4. Now, your LG TV will be reset.
How to Reset Apps on LG Smart TV
If you have an issue while accessing a specific app on your LG Smart TV, you can reset the specific app to fix the issue. You can uninstall the particular app and install the app again from the LG Content Store. Alternatively, you can reset all the applications by updating your LG TV to the newest software. You can also try updating apps on your LG TV to fix the issue.
How to Reset LG Smart TV Without Password
When you reset the LG Smart TV, it will ask for the password to confirm the process. Sometimes, LG TV users may forget the password. In such cases, you need to reset the LG TV without a password. To do that, you need to reset the old password and set a new one. Then, carry out the reset steps.
1. Enter into the LG TV Settings page.
2. Scroll down through the options and select Advanced Settings.
3. Select Safety in the Advanced Settings tab.
4. You can find the option that says Reset Password.
5. Highlight that option and press the Channel Up button twice.
6. Then, press the Channel Down and Channel Up once.
6. Enter 0313 or 0325 in the menu. This will reset the password.
7. Then, enter 0000 in the safety dialogue box.
8. Now, a screen will appear on your LG TV where you can set the new PIN.
9. After setting up a new PIN, you can reset the TV.
No, LG Smart TV doesn’t have a reset button. But you can use the Power button to restart the TV.
After the reset, user data on your TV will be cleared, settings will be restored to their defaults, and the installed apps will be deleted.
If you have forgotten the password of your TV, you can use the default reset code either 0000 or 1234.