Want to program an Xfinity Remote to an LG Smart TV? Go through this guide. You can use the Xfinity Voice Remote to control TV, AV receiver, soundbar, and other audio devices. Xfinity offers a Remote Code Lookup tool, which lets you identify the right code for your device for remote programming. You can even program an Xfinity Remote to the LG Smart TV without codes using the app.
This article briefly explains how to program an Xfinity Remote to an LG Smart TV.
How to Program XR15 Voice Remote to LG TV
(1) Turn on your LG TV using the TV power key.
(2) Tap and hold the Xfinity and Mute keys simultaneously for 5 seconds.
(3) The indicator light on the remote changes from red to green.
(4) Enter the five-digit code of your LG TV.
Note: Try 12731, which works in most cases. If it doesn’t work, enter 11178, 10178, 11530, 10442, 11314, 11756, 11637, or 10017.
(5) Check whether the green light flashes twice, which means the code is valid.
Note: If the code is invalid, the indicator light will blink red and green.
(6) Point the XR15 remote at the LG TV and press the Power button.
(7) The remote programming is successful if the LG TV is turned off.
Press the Volume and Mute buttons to test if it works.
How to Program XR11 Voice Remote to LG TV
You can use the same steps to program the XR5 Remote to an LG TV.
(1) Turn on your LG TV using the physical power key.
(2) Tap the Setup button and hold it until the light changes from red to green.
(3) Enter the 5-digit code (12731) or any from the list.
- 10178, 11756, 11637, 11454, 12253, 11314, 11032, 11758, 12246, 10032, 10856, 11178, 11265, 11993, 10017, 12271, 11934, 11530, 10700, 10442.
(4) If the code is valid, the status light will flash green twice. If the code is invalid, the light will blink red and green. Try with a different code
(5) Press the Power and Volume buttons to check whether it works.
How to Program Non-Voice Xfinity Remote to LG Smart TV
(1) Turn on your Xfinity-connected LG TV.
(2) Tap and hold the Setup key on the remote until the LED light turns green.
(3) Now, enter the relevant 4 or 5-digit code number using the remote.
(4) Once you have entered the correct paring number, the LED light on the remote will flash twice.
(5) Now, point the remote toward the TV and press the Power button.
(6) If the TV turns off, you have paired your remote with the Xfinity-connected TV.
Note: For other universal remotes, you can use the LG TV remote codes to program a remote to your LG TV.
How to Program XR16 Voice Remote to LG TV
(1) Press and hold the Voice button on the remote and say “Program Remote.”
(2) Follow the on-screen instructions to select LG TV.
(3) You can see the prompt to confirm the process.
(4) Point the XR16 remote at the TV and press the Power button.
If it turns off the LG TV, the XR16 Voice Remote has been programmed.
How to Program XR2 Remote to LG TV
(1) Turn on the LG TV and tap and hold the Setup key on the XR2 remote.
(2) Release the Setup button if the status light turns green from red.
(3) Enter the 5-digit code (10178) or anyone from the list.
- 11178, 11265, 11637, 11530, 10856, 10700, 10442, 10017, 11314, 11032, 11758, 10032, 10037, 11993, 11934, 11756, 10016
(4) If the code is valid, the status light will blink green twice. If the code is invalid, the status light will blink red. Try again with a new code.
(5) Press the Volume and Power keys on the XR2 remote to test the functions.
How to Program XRA Remote to LG TV
(1) Turn on the LG TV and press the Home and Mute buttons for 5 seconds.
(2) Enter the 5-digit code (12731) or anyone from the list.
- 11178, 10178, 11756, 11637, 10017, 11530, 10442, 11314
(3) The status light will blink green twice if the code is valid.
(4) If the code is invalid, the status light will flash red and green. Repeat the steps with a new code.
(5) Point the remote at the TV and tap the Power button. If it turns off the TV, the remote programming is successful.
How to Program Other Xfinity Remote to LG TV
(1) Open a browser on your phone or TV.
(2) Visit the Xfinity Remote website (xfinity.com/support/remotes).
(3) Select your Xfinity remote model and click the Continue button.
(4) Now, choose your TV brand and click the Continue button.
(5) Go through the on-screen instructions to program an Xfinity remote to your LG TV.
How to Program Xfinity Remote With the Manufacturer Code
(1) Turn on your Xfinity-connected TV.
(2) Fetch the Xfinity remote, press the Setup button, and keep hold of it.
Tip: If your Xfinity remote does not have the Setup button, you can press the Xfinity or i button on the remote.
(3) Tap the Setup button until the red LED changes to green.
(4) Then enter the number 9-9-1 on the remote.
(5) Now, the LED light on the remote will flash twice.
(6) Press the Channel up button multiple times on your remote until the TV turns Off.
(7) Press the Setup button to lock the code once the TV has been turned off.
(8) Now, press the Power button on your remote.
(9) If the TV has turned on, you have successfully programmed the remote.
How to Program Xfinity Remote Using the Xfinity My Account App
(2) Power On the TV and the set-top box.
(3) Launch the Xfinity application and select the TV icon.
(4) Choose the TV box and click the Setup a remote option.
(5) Pick up the model of your remote and tap on the Continue button.
(6) Then choose a TV option, and the remote is programmed to your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Press the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons and keep hold of them. Release the buttons if the light blinks red and green. Press 9-8-1 to reset the Xfinity remote.
Yes. You can program the Xfinity Remote to the DVD player using a 5-digit code.
Yes. You can pair the Xfinity Remote to any TV using the Remote Code Lookup tool.