|Feature Discussed||Program DirecTV remote|
|How to Program||Using the On-Screen Paring or Manual method|
|Alternate Way||Using DirecTV Genie Remote|
The kit remote on your LG TV is used to control the LG TV alone. But by programming the DirecTV remote to your LG Smart TV, you can control your LG Smart TV along with the external devices. With the DirecTV remote, you can program up to four devices, including the LG Smart TV.
Steps to Program DirecTV Universal remote to LG TV
If the LG Smart TV’s kit remote is not working, you can use these methods to control your TV. But we recommend you reset the LG TV remote first if you have any issues with it. If you have the DirecTV universal remote, there are two ways to program the remote. You can follow the manual method and the on-screen pairing method.
In the manual method, you have to use the remote alone to program it. Here, you don’t need the DirecTV box.
1. Power on your LG TV.
2. Set the slider to the TV Mode on your remote.
3. Now, long press the Mute and Select buttons simultaneously.
4. You can see the green light will blink twice. In some models of DirecTV remote, you will get the red light instead of the green light.
5. Now, enter the remote code that corresponds to the Samsung Smart TV.
6. After that, press any button and check if the remote is responding to the command. If not, repeat the same process with a different code.
7. Type 960 to save the remote code. The green light will flash twice, indicating that the remote code is saved.
8. Now, you can use the DirecTV remote to control your Samsung TV.
On-Screen Paring Method
In this method, you need to use the DirecTV box to program the remote to Samsung Smart TV. Before getting into the steps, connect the set-top box to your Samsung Smart TV.
1. Press the Menu button on your remote.
2. Click on Settings and select Help.
3. Choose Remote Control and select the Program Remote option.
4. Select the TV option and enter the remote code.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the pairing.
6. With the correct remote code, the DirecTV remote will be paired with the LG TV.
Steps to Program DirecTV Genie remote to LG TV
If you have the DirecTV Genie remote, the steps required to program the remote will vary. In the Genie remote, you won’t have the slider.
In the manual method, you don’t have to enter any remote codes. The correct remote code will be automatically entered on your TV.
1. Press the Select and Mute buttons simultaneously on your remote control.
2. Your remote will flash the green light two times.
3. Now, enter the number 961.
4, Press the Channel Up button and press the Enter button.
5. A message will pop up on your TV saying that YOUR REMOTE IS NOT SETUP FOR RF. Click the OK button to close the pop-up.
6. Turn on your LG TV and press the Menu button.
7. Click on the Settings icon and select Remote control.
8. Select Program Remote. Now, your LG will scan for nearby universal remotes.
9. When your Genie remote is detected, tap on it.
10. Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the pairing.
On-Screen Pairing Method
In the on-screen pairing method, you will use the IR setup process.
1. Keep the remote closer to your DirecTV receiver.
2. Press the Select and Enter buttons.
3. Do not release the buttons until the green light flashes twice.
4. You will see a message on your LG TV screen saying that APPLYING IF/RF SETUP.
5. Now, turn on your LG TV and press the Menu button on your remote.
6. After that, click on Settings.
7. Click on Remote Control and select Program Remote.
8. Select the TV option from the list of available devices.
9. Then, follow the on-screen programming instructions to complete the process.
How to Get DirecTV Remote Codes for LG Smart TV
To program the DirecTV remote to your LG TV, you need to enter the correct remote code. Below are some of the remote codes that suit almost all the models of LG Smart TVs.
If none of the remote codes suits your LG TV model, you need to get remote codes from the DirecTV website.
1. Open a web browser on your PC or smartphone.
2. Go to the DirecTV remote code website (directv.com/DTVAPP/content/remote_codes)
3. Now, select your DirecTV remote model.
4. Choose Add New TV and select LG.
5. Here, you can enter your LG TV model number and get the specific remote code.
6. Or, you can click the I don’t know my model number to get all the remote codes available for LG TVs.
7. Click on More and you can see multiple model numbers of LG TVs.
7. From the list, choose the correct remote codes.
These are the different ways to set up the DirecTV remote for your LG Smart TV. If you have any issues with the LG TV remote, you can use the DirecTV remote or any other universal remote as a quick solution. If you have doubts about the article or using LG Smart TV, mention them in the comments below.
Leave a Comment