Do you want to pair an LG Magic Remote? You will learn the procedure here. You can pair the LG Magic Remote with the LG TV by pressing the Wheel button. Beforehand, ensure the LG Magic Remote has sufficient charge in the batteries. Besides TV, you can also pair an LG Magic Remote to a set-top box, Blu-ray/DVD player, home theater, soundbar, or gaming console and control it easily.
If you have issues while pairing, you can de-register and re-register the Magic Remote. Otherwise, you can reset the LG Magic Remote to fix the problem.
This guide will teach you to pair an LG Magic Remote with simple instructions.
How to Pair LG Magic Remote to TV
1. Turn on your LG TV and wait 10 seconds to load the home screen.
2. Aim the remote at the LG TV and press the Wheel (OK) button.
3. If the remote is paired successfully, you will see the “Pairing is complete” message on the TV screen.
If the LG Magic Remote is not pairing, you should initialize it again to fix it.
How to Unpair LG Magic Remote
Remember, you can pair only one remote at a time. If you want to pair another LG Magic Remote, you must unpair the previous one.
1. Press the Smart/Home and Back buttons on the LG Magic Remote and hold them for 5 seconds.
2. If the remote is initialized, the LED light on the remote will flash 3 times.
As a result, the LG Magic Remote will get unpaired with the LG TV.
How to Re-pair LG Magic Remote
1. Press the Wheel (OK) button to re-pair the LG Magic Remote.
2. If you see a pop-up message, “registering new remote,” on the TV screen.
Later, you can use the Magic Remote to control your LG TV.
How to Configure LG Magic Remote Pointer
1. Press the Smart Home button on the LG Magic Remote.
2. Click Settings and choose OPTION.
3. Select Pointer to view the pointer settings.
4. You will see the following options. Click the one you want to modify.
- Speed: You can modify the speed of the pointer.
- Shape: Choose the shape of the pointer.
- Size: It lets you change the size of the pointer.
- Alignment: Toggle on/off the alignment function of the pointer.
How to Pair LG Magic Remote with Sound Bar
You can follow these steps for pairing the LG Magic Remote with other devices.
1. Press the Home key on the LG Magic Remote.
2. Select Device Connector from the list of home screen apps.
3. Select Sound Bar from the devices list.
4. Choose the TV port to which you have connected the soundbar. It is Optical in most cases.
5. Select the soundbar manufacturer and click Next.
6. Choose Remote Type from the slider and follow the on-screen instructions. Click Next.
7. Lastly, click Done if you have completed the steps.
How to Reset LG Magic Remote
If the LG Magic Remote is not pairing after multiple tries, it does not mean the remote is defective. You can reset the LG Magic Remote to resolve this problem.
1. Press the OK and Mute buttons and hold them for a few seconds.
2. Aim the remote at the TV sensor and press the Wheel (OK) button.
3. If the LED light blinks on the remote’s Power button, you have successfully reset the LG Magic Remote.
Note: Besides the LG Magic Remote, you can use the LG ThinQ app to control your LG Smart TV without a remote.
LG Magic Remote Control Buttons & Functions
LG Magic Remote lets you control your LG TV and can perform the following functions by pressing these buttons.
|Power||It lets you turn on or off your LG Smart TV|
|Smart Home||View the home screen of the LG TV|
|Back||Go back to the previous page or function|
|List||Displays the TV Guide|
|Voice Recognition||Use voice commands to control your Smart TV|
|Navigation||It brings up the cursor, or you can navigate the options|
|Wheel (OK)||Forward or backward movements, and change the channel by scrolling up or down|
|3D||Enable or disable 3D mode on the TV|
|Q.Menu||Access the Quick Menu to view local storage|
|Settings||Configure settings on Picture, Sound, and Aspect Ratio|
|Volume||Adjust the volume of the TV or external device|
|Mute||It allows you to mute or unmute the volume|
|Channel||Switch the TV channels on your Smart TV or other connected devices|
How to Use LG Magic Remote
Shake the LG Magic Remote to the left and right. Otherwise, press the Home or 3D button to make the pointer visible on the TV screen.
Remember, the pointer will disappear if the LG Magic Remote is unused and placed on a flat region. If the pointer doesn’t work properly, you can move it to the corner of the screen to reset it.
Note: The pointer will automatically appear for some LG TVs if you press the Wheel button.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can check our guide on the LG Magic Remote wheel not working to make the remote work and pair it.
It is due to weak batteries, long distances, signal interference, etc. To fix this, refer to our guide on the LG Magic Remote cursor not working and follow the necessary workarounds.
Press the OK button on the LG Magic Remote to re-register it.