You can install apps on your LG TV easily from the LG Content Store. But as a drawback, some apps are unavailable for official downloads on your LG TV. So, you may look forward to install 3rd party apps on your LG Smart TV from an unknown source.
Keep in mind, sideloading third-party apps on LG TV is impossible. Also, LG TV does not allow users to download the app from unknown sources. Jailbreaking is much riskier and it is completely unsafe to do.
If you still want to download unavailable apps on LG TV, the only way is to use a streaming device. This way you can add apps on LG TV using a dedicated app store of your streaming device and access it with ease.
How to Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV Without Jailbreaking
It is safe to install the apps which are unavailable in the LG Content Store using the following streaming devices.
How to Install Apps on LG Smart TV Using Amazon Fire Stick
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV and set up the Amazon Fire Stick.
2. Connect your Amazon Fire Stick to a stable WiFi network.
3. Click on Find > Search on your Fire Stick home screen.
4. Search for the app that you wish to download.
5. Click on the app when you see it in the search results.
6. Select Get or Download to install the app on your device.
How to Install Apps on LG Smart TV Using Roku
1. Connect your Roku device to your LG Smart TV.
2. Ensure that Roku-connected LG TV has internet access.
3. Navigate to the home screen and click on the Streaming Channels.
4. Tap on Search Channels and search for the required app.
5. Click on the app shown in the search result.
6. Click on Add Channel or Buy to install the app on your device.
- Add Channel – The app is free to download.
- Buy – Purchase the app to download.
How to Install Apps on LG Smart TV Using Apple TV
1. Power on your LG TV and connect the Apple TV.
2. Connect your Apple TV to a WiFi network.
3. Open the App Store on your Apple TV and search for the desired app.
4. Click on Get or Price to purchase and install the app.
- If you see the Get button then the app is free to download. In case you see the Price button, you have to purchase the app to download.
- If you see Open instead of Get or Price then it is already downloaded.
Note: If you are looking for the best apps for LG Smart TV, you should consider installing Spotify, Amazon Prime, and Disney Plus from the LG Content Store.
How to Jailbreak LG Smart TV to Install Third-Party Apps [Unsafe]
If you still wish to jailbreak your LG Smart TV to install 3rd party apps, remember that you can only try at your own risk.
Jailbreaking is the process of violating the rules and policies of your device. It sets you free from limitations imposed on your device. But it is riskier than it is supposed to be, as it may even void your TV warranty.
Jailbreaking supported TV models are from 2018 to 2021 with webOS 4.0 to 6.2. Some LG TVs with webOS 3.4 to 3.9 also support rooting. Pre-patched firmware was another thing to consider for jailbreaking. If your LG TV has old firmware, you can jailbreak your LG TV from settings.
In case if homebrew application is not installed after the process or received a denied method call. It means your LG TV is patched which you cannot jailbreak.
No, you cannot download APK on your LG Smart TV as it is not Android based. Instead, you can use a Firestick to sideload the APK.
Download the app on a USB drive and connect it to your TV. Open a file manager and click on the file to open the app by allowing the necessary permissions, you can install the app.
Connect your Chromecast to your LG TV. Install the app on your smartphone or PC and cast it on your TV screen.
Click on the Apps icon on the Home screen. Select Apps > Tools Foder > File Manager.